1. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin Community Admin Oxide Developer

I don't see a purpose of pre-loading the groups, they are loaded before the game server is even fully started. If you want to delete them though, just delete the .data files. You can easily setup a plugin to prime those groups with permissions and players once wiped too.

2. GratefulMichael

GratefulMichael Scavenger

Your last sentence, that's what I was doing before, and am looking to do now - priming the permissions and players for the groups.

Silly me - I had some errors in the JSON file - nothing a validator couldn't point out. the oxide.users.json and oxide.groups.json import just fine. I had a vip group with about a dozen people, a moderator group and admin group with plugin permissions. I like having the JSON file to import on the wipe/reinstall so that it setups the group permissions and members just they way I want it.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2016
  3. J. Ruf

J. Ruf Naked Wanderer

Hey everyone,

I'm helping one of my buddy's get a rust server up and running, however we are having some trouble establishing group permissions. We need to set permissions for the following (we could not find them on the plugins, clan forge, or posts): Building grades, admin spawn, day vote, teleportation, time of day, welcome gifts, and removing admin warnings.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks.

4. Wulf

The permissions for each of those are listed on their Overview/Download page if they use permissions.

5. J. Ruf

J. Ruf Naked Wanderer

Wulf,

I already have all the permission(s) I need. The problem is that when I click the add-on and it takes me to the Oxide website, it states "you do not have permissions to view this page or perform this action."

6. Wulf

If a page shows that, it is no longer available for download. There are alternatives out there for most.

7. hppyhrdstyl

hppyhrdstyl Naked Wanderer

you should probably include that you use "revoke" instead of "grant" to take permissions away, sat for like 20 minutes trying to figure it out before i went "f*** it is probably this" and it worked.

8. Wulf

"grant" was never mentioned for removing, but that has been answered a few times in this thread.

9. hppyhrdstyl

hppyhrdstyl Naked Wanderer

No i meant in the OP because you only have the commands to grant permissions there not remove them, spent like 20 minutes scouring this forum (probably missing them) and found nothing on how to remove a permission and had to take my best stab at it.

10. Wulf

Yeah, that needs a simplification and re-write probably.

hppyhrdstyl likes this.
  11. Degenitron

Degenitron Naked Wanderer

So I Didn't spend the time reading all 56 pages of this post but is there a way to give everyone permission to use something without having to manually entering in every players name. EX: Using Sign Artist plugin I have to grant a group the permission to use this. Then add everyone into that group when they join. anyway to auto add to a group? is basically want I want.

hppyhrdstyl likes this.
  12. Wulf

grant group default PERMISSIONNAME

13. royalrust

royalrust Scavenger

how do i remove permission from a group?
    --- Double Post Merged, Jan 8, 2017 ---
    i was usign the tp plugin and seems has tho i gave the default user the admin tp so they are tping to each other with out even accepting i need to turn it off

14. Wulf

revoke group GROUPNAME PERMISSIONNAME

15. j500

j500 Scavenger

how delete just simple user ??

oxide.revoke "Teo" vip (do not work)

16. Wulf

You can't delete users, if that's what you actually mean.

If you want to remove a permission from a user, you'd use: revoke USERNAMEORID PERMISSION

If you want to remove a user from a group, you'd use: usergroup remove USERNAMEORID GROUPNAME

17. j500

j500 Scavenger

revoke user "Teo" vip

that work

18. [ARG] Lucas

[ARG] Lucas Naked Wanderer

Hi, I have a problem... I have the server normally walk and nowhere console windows (cmd) is frozen and the server stops if not pressed enter in the console not unlocks. and that makes that it is generated "lag" or dip in the game. May it be because Windows Server 2016? Thank you

19. Wulf

You are selecting text in the console, which will cause it to freeze. The solution is to not select text.

20. [ARG] Lucas

[ARG] Lucas Naked Wanderer

Sorry I did not understand what wanted to explain. I start the server as always... I could give a little explanation about the problem