1. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin Community Admin Oxide Developer

What exactly is the issue you are facing?

2. Fireman Sam

Fireman Sam Naked Wanderer

I'm
    (I could be completely dumb here) but I'm not understanding the actual oxide permission so I can grant myself the auth level to create and edit kits within game, or even list them, I've been trying everything from editing the kits.cfg to spamming various commands in the console (this is a local/public server)

3. Wulf

Oxide permissions don't use auth levels, that's Rust. There's a sticked thread in this forum section on how to get auth levels if you need those for anything.

To grant a permission, simply use 'grant user YOURUSERNAMEORID PERMISSIONNAME' in your RCON client or F1 console as Rust admin.

4. Fireman Sam

Fireman Sam Naked Wanderer

Super thanks, but I fixed it just before your response (which I knew would happen as soon as I asked for help!). Thanks dude and have a nice day!

5. kiprian

kiprian Wood Hoarder

how to see the privileges of one player \ user?

6. Wulf

show user USERNAMEORID

kiprian likes this.
  7. how do you grant all players to use the plugins without have to add each an every player to a group?

8. Wulf

Players are automatically in the 'default' group; just grant that group the permission.
    Code (Text):
    grant group default PERMISSION

9. darkdarkness

darkdarkness Naked Wanderer

I am so sorry to bother you. I am so lost and now on my 6 day trying to get this going. I know it is me not know how a 100%. First off i can in the game using the f1 to give my self stuff and seems i am admin.

when i use oxide mods it says i cant dont have permission

server.writecfg

group add Dark

usergroup add Mynamehere Dark

Dark add Mynamehere admin <------ dont know what goes here or what to type for fulls access to the mod. when i enter that it says unknow

server.writecfg

10. Resistance

Resistance Grenade Master

in rcon
    ownerid steamid64 "player name" "Owner"
    then
    server.writecfg
    then relog

11. Wulf

The "server.writecfg" command has nothing to do with Oxide; that is used by Rust to write ownerid and moderatorid stuff to file.

For plugin permissions, you'd need to read their Overview to see what permission is required, then grant that permission to the group you are in or your individual player. There are examples of this on many plugin Overviews or this thread's first post.

I believe he's looking for permissions to plugins, not setting as admin. He should already have admin as F1 is usable for item spawning.

darkdarkness likes this.
  12. darkdarkness

i hit f1 ever thing is a error , but i can use f1 to give myself items that are in the list , i cant use mods in game they all say i do not have permission. If i use rusty i can us mod in that but the one i need to use in game. Thanks for any help

TY i will reread the mod notes thanks

13. Resistance

Resistance Grenade Master

When he said he tries to use mods and does not have permission it sounded like he never gave himself auth 2 its hard to know as his post is not that clear

14. darkdarkness

I am sorry i am trying to understand this , i am very new at this.

it does say i am DarkDarkness420 has auth level 2

Still cant use any mods in the F1 mode or using the /whatever , no matter what i do in game typing it says no permission

like this one -
    Custom Resource Spawns forRust

15. Wulf

The F1 menu has nothing to do with plugins. The / references are for chat commands, not F1. The permission to be able to use the commands for that particular plugin requires the "customresourcespawns.admin" permission, which you can grant using the console command listed below:
    Code (Text):
    grant group admin customresourcespawns.admin

16. darkdarkness

I cant thank you enough Wulf.. YOu got a paypale tip jar.

IT 100% worked....

:) you da man

17. HussaR

HussaR Naked Wanderer

So my friend is admin and now wants to play properly on my server and whenever I type "usergroup remove Anubis admin" into rcon or remove his id through oxide.users.data I then tell him to leave or restart the server but it keeps giving him back his admin and everything else (working f1 item list, noclip, green name text etc.) and ownerid, this is also happening with older inactive admins when I try to remove them. This is really frustrating and any help would be appreciated.

18. Wulf

Oxide's admin group gives no permissions unless you have them set to. What he has is Rust's auth level, which you can remove with "removeowner" in Rust. If he is auth level 2, he is automatically added to Oxide's admin group.

darkdarkness and HussaR like this.
  19. HussaR

HussaR Naked Wanderer

Yay Wulf thank you so much, you are awesome I always see you on threads helping out people! :D

darkdarkness likes this.
  20. HaRdCoRe 2

HaRdCoRe 2 Naked Wanderer

hello I have a concern with permission I would like to know if my hoster or oxide that has set the oxide.group.json file .data suddenly I can my groups created properly unless someone has a solution for to decrypt file without having weird symbol. Thank you in advance for the answers