1. I've been reading through Assembly-CSharp and the other DLL's and I'm stuck as to how I can accomplish this:

I'm building a larger web platform for this, but to learn how things interconnect I'm trying to log text out when a player attacks something. I've been trying to use the 'IOnPlayerAttack' event but I can't get it to fire from within my extension.

Would love if someone could help point me in the right direction, or perhaps some documentation around extensions (I see the plugin system is documented, but there aren't any for extensions?)

2. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Any hooks prefixed with I are internal hooks that are not called in plugins. The majority of Oxide is extensions.

3. I didn't plan on using .cs plugins and instead was writing a DLL extension so i have a bit more flexibility with communication. Is there no way then to listen for those events from an extension?

Thanks for your time

4. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

You'd have to use the actual hooks, not the internal hooks that are wrapped. You'd essentially have to make a plugin inside your extension to use the hooks though. Every game extension we have would be an example of this.

5. Perfect, that helped thanks! Wasn't aware plugins had to be loaded via a plugin loader.