1. I want to know if it is possible to use game particles and spawn them at specific coordinates for a specific time aand stuff, as I would like to use that new Rocket Particles for my Supply Signals.

2. You mean rocket entity and controll it via plugin?

3. no that also would be cool but no. I just need the particles of the rocket. Without the rocket itself.

4. He wants the actual explosion effect (smoke)

@LaserHydra
    The small gas explosion actually looks way cooler :D
    global.Effect.server.Run.methodarray[3]:Invoke(nil, util.TableToArray( { "fx/gas_explosion_small", player.transform.position, UnityEngine.Vector3.get_up(), nil, true } ) )

5. where actually should I put in the variable for the coordinates now? ^^ Its kinda not easy to find the right part of this long command

6. Replace player.transform.position with the location of the grenade when you remove it, I guess you're running a timer once a grenade is thrown to remove it after a second or 2, at that point grab the location, player the effect and remove the grenade.

7. yeah I know what to do, im not THAT bad ^^ XD
    Thats the only thing I needed. Thanks
    And actually the timer is exactly 3.2 Seconds ^_^

8. The grenade actually explodes 3.5 seconds after initializing :p

9. Okay one last question to that. Does it play an explosion once? Because I would like to do it like a flare or the nades in legacy, so it actually smokes for some while and then stops smoking after like 10 seconds
    [DOUBLEPOST=1429901061][/DOUBLEPOST]
    I tried it but then the grenade exploded before it did anything so. Maybe because lagg idk. Well now its lagg secure ^^ XD

10. I did say initializing and not spawning ;) and it only plays once, there might actually be other effects you could use to do this, just have a look at the decompiled code to get some information on it :)

11. yeah I think the rocket one, or does it just gets played repeatedly?
    [DOUBLEPOST=1429912191,1429901243][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Okay, but where do you get the names of the effects from?

12. You can grab all effects from any item. Just create an item entity and run through em.

13. What do you mean with that?
    Lets use the example of the rocket.
    So what do I need To do to get the effectName?
    In the decompiled data, I didnt even find the RocketEntity itself ^^

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2015
  14. Just dump the string in the GameManifest, this will print out all RPCMessages, effects, ....... All the effects have fx in their name.
    Code:
    namespace Oxide.Plugins
    {
    [Info("GameManifest dumper", "Mughisi", 1.0)]
    class GameManifestDump : RustPlugin
    {
        void Loaded()
        {
            foreach (GameManifest.PooledString str in GameManifest.Get().pooledStrings)
                Puts(str.str);
        }
    }}

15. Should I use your code, or was that an example? If yes how do i use it? Just creat it as plugin and load? What then? ^^

16. Just save it as GameManifestDump.cs and put it in your plugins folder. Or recreate it, that's entirely up to you.

17. okay and how does it tell me the effects?
    [DOUBLEPOST=1429978522][/DOUBLEPOST]
    oh okay nvm I see ^^
    Thanks
    [DOUBLEPOST=1429991377,1429978452][/DOUBLEPOST]Is it possible to modify its size?

18. I tried a bit, but wasnt able to find a way to do this in C#.
    How does this work in C#? Please Help...
    - Laser

19. Hello, I wanted to spawn some effects / particles in. I know how it works in LUA, but I wanna do it in C# now, and Im a bit stuggling to do that.

LUA:
    Code:
    global.Effect.server.Run.methodarray[3]:Invoke(nil, util.TableToArray( { "fx/weapons/vm_rocket_launcher/pfx_fire_rocket_smokeout", player.transform.position, UnityEngine.Vector3.get_up(), nil, true } ) )
    And this is what I found in the data:
    Code:
    public static void Run(Effect.Type fxtype, BaseEntity ent, uint boneID, Vector3 posLocal, Vector3 normLocal, Connection sourceConnection = null, bool broadcast = false)
        {
            Effect.reusableInstace.Init(fxtype, ent, boneID, posLocal, normLocal, sourceConnection);
            Effect.reusableInstace.broadcast = broadcast;
            EffectNetwork.Send(Effect.reusableInstace);
        }        public static void Run(string strName, BaseEntity ent, uint boneID, Vector3 posLocal, Vector3 normLocal, Connection sourceConnection = null, bool broadcast = false)
        {
            Effect.reusableInstace.Init(Effect.Type.Generic, ent, boneID, posLocal, normLocal, sourceConnection);
            Effect.reusableInstace.pooledString = strName;
        }        public static void Run(Effect.Type fxtype, Vector3 posWorld, Vector3 normWorld, Connection sourceConnection = null, bool broadcast = false)
        {
            Effect.reusableInstace.Init(fxtype, posWorld, normWorld, sourceConnection);
        }        public static void Run(string strName, Vector3 posWorld = default(Vector3), Vector3 normWorld = default(Vector3), Connection sourceConnection = null, bool broadcast = false)
        {
            Effect.reusableInstace.Init(Effect.Type.Generic, posWorld, normWorld, sourceConnection);
            Effect.reusableInstace.pooledString = strName;
        }
    }
    But I dun really know, which of those 4 I should use now, and what I should put in as args

20. Use the last one as its the one you were using in Lua..