Universal Twitter feed

Discussion in 'Plugin Requests' started by Sk.S DezzY, Apr 16, 2016.

1. is it possible to make a plugin with twiter?

The plugin detects a new twit from a twiter and sends the twit to the server.

Thaks in advance :D

Regards and keep up with the amazing work !!!

2. Thanks mate i appreciate your work :p

And also i think is a nice plugin for admins to keep the players uptodate in 1 single action :D

3. I tried it but I got stuck, maybe later lol :p
    [DOUBLEPOST=1461176414][/DOUBLEPOST]Yeah it's a problem with the (apiKey) that Twitter uses,.

4. I am interested in this, not personaly but still interested

5. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

That scrapes information from the site's source, Twitter would use an API, not very close.

6. Actually it uses the Steam API now as cloudflare blocks access to playrust.com

7. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Keep in mind that normally would not work via plugins due to the threading. I believe that's one of the things that are typically sandboxed, though it may work for you right now.

8. Why? You can setup timer and check status every X minutes.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1463937865][/DOUBLEPOST]Of course you can't use streaming api.

9. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

I believe it is normally sandboxed due to security concerns with that namespace, but it may work for right now. If you need timers though, Oxide provides that API.

10. I mean i have the base. But someone can rewrite it for oxide if he wants to.

11. CHR

CHR

Also interested in this... is there still something ongoing or did the idea die already?

12. I would love to see a plug-in that gets an rss feed or twitter feed and put the latest in the rust chat. There were some talks about it but is it available already?

13. Hello,

Just wondering, is it possible to link Twitter with Rust chat system so every time game devs post new update lines , we can see it in game chat as a message?Or maybe their update site?

Twitter RustUpdates
    Facepunch UpdateFeed

14. It's been a while, but I think it's worth bumping this since it's done. Is anyone still interested in this?
    Click me
    I made something else for commits as well.
    Click me

15. i am interested. is this paid?

16. No, I don't intend to sell it.

17. i am interested.