1. Hello all,

I'm trying to fix a great plugin that is unmaintained and like no other. We are getting an error "Error while compiling AirdropExtended.cs(845,31): error CS1729: The type `ConsoleSystem.Arg' does not contain a constructor that takes `1' arguments"

CS1729 = "Because the base class has no such constructor, CS1729 is generated. To correct this error. Adjust the number of parameters in the call to the constructor."

Upon reading this I think the error lies with line 845 'ConsoleSystem. Arg' which I believe is the issue. I cannot find any of these pre or post arg's used in the .cs file.

Now I know i'm probably wrong but I and many others would really like this plugin fixed. Since no one else is doing it I would like to learn as much as I can and try and fix this plugin. So ANY advice or references to read would be much appreciated.

2. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

ConsoleSystem.Arg takes 2 arguments now, but it's private so you'd need to use reflection to use it. The plugin doesn't really NEED this, but it'd have to be re-worked and simplified to get rid of it. It's essentially using it as part of the command sending process.

3. what's reflection and how do I use it if its not to much of an explanation. Also Is there a way to view the actual game coding to make references to on windows? I was talking ot my brother and there are items that we would also like to add to the airdrop that aren't listed in a couple plugins I have looked at.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1487132167][/DOUBLEPOST]I also know this is over my head but I'm a computer tech, and basic web developer, So i'm sure with enough info and references I can make the best attempt to fix this coding that I can give. I'm determined to either find someone to fix it or work my tail off til its done. There are many people that love this plugin, Its great, Simple, and down right the best plugin out there to get the job done for those who can't code.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1487132677][/DOUBLEPOST]sorry for triple posting

I think this is where ConsoleSystem.Arg is called and defined. "var commandArgs = new ConsoleSystem.Arg(commandString);" I have read about 3 pages of what a program arguments is and how to code. Really not following. Also I believe that to simplify and completely remove it will be out of my reach as it looks like it plays a huge part in this program. I am not savvy enough to "remove" it completely.