TruePVE

Better PVE/PVP implementation

Total Downloads: 4,632 - First Release: Mar 25, 2016 - Last Update: Mar 7, 2018

5/5, 26 likes
  1. Yes, that's the cause of the conflict. If you're using ZoneManager integration, then both handleDamage and handleLooting should be set to false. This will enable ZoneManager to do its damage/loot checks first, then delegate to TruePVE behavior if nothing is hit.

2. thought so. it never did that before til I updated to new versions. so I'll change it now. Thanks.

3. How do I turn off Turret Damage to all players?

4. 1: You can create a new entry and rule for it:
    Code:
        "turrets": {
          "name": "turrets",
          "description": "Turrets",
          "prefabs": [],
          "types": [
            "AutoTurret" // turret type
          ],
          "links": {
            "player": false // cannot hurt players
          },
          "enabled": true
        }
    Or 2: You could add it to an existing entry (example below using traps, since the rule is the same):
    Code:
        "traps": {
          "name": "traps",
          "description": "Traps, landmines, and spikes",
          "prefabs": [
            "spikes.floor"
          ],
          "types": [
            "AutoTurret",
            "BearTrap",
            "Landmine"
          ],
            "player": false
          },
        }

5. haha Gotcha, I tried both way, but I spelled it autoturret, I guess caps matters ;) Thank you

6. ZdK

ZdK

Подскажите пожалуйста, какие надо изменить настройки - что бы не шел урон от огня от зажигательных патронов на деревянные конструкции

Please tell me what is necessary to change the settings - that would not have been the fire damage from incendiary ammo on a wooden structure

7. I am having the same issue as Zdk, incendiary ammo damages wooden structures.

8. @ignignokt84 We've ran across a small bug in the plugin that we were wondering if it could be turned into an option! A player stumbled across the fact that if you place a turret down during PVE and face it at someone's building and have a friend who is not authorized on it run around the structure, the turret will damage the building and the player as well. We would like for turrets to only attack players during the day as we are a PVE day PVP night server and use this program to run it. Is there a way to fix this or perhaps turn it into an option to choose from? @Zuddles has messaged you previously for assistance in making the PVE/PVP happen for which we are very thankful for!

Thanks again!

- Shark-A-Holic
    Rust-A-Holics PVE/PVP & PVE Only Servers Co-Owner

9. Same, players and structures getting wrecked by inc fire.

10. ignignokt84 updated TruePVE with a new update entry:

11. console is going crazy since update its constantly spamming errors

12. What errors are you seeing?

13. I'm getting (and constantly) ...

[Oxide] 15:04 [Error] Failed to call hook 'HandleDamage' on plugin 'TruePVE v0.4.7' (NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object)
    [Oxide] 15:04 [Debug] at Oxide.Plugins.TruePVE.CheckHeliInitiator (.HitInfo hitinfo) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 at Oxide.Plugins.TruePVE.AllowDamage (.BaseCombatEntity entity, .HitInfo hitinfo) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 at Oxide.Plugins.TruePVE.HandleDamage (.BaseCombatEntity entity, .HitInfo hitinfo) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 at Oxide.Plugins.TruePVE.DirectCallHook (System.String name, System.Object& ret, System.Object[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 at Oxide.Plugins.CSharpPlugin.InvokeMethod (HookMethod method, System.Object[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 at Oxide.Core.Plugins.CSPlugin.OnCallHook (System.String name, System.Object[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 at Oxide.Core.Plugins.Plugin.CallHook (System.String name, System.Object[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

14. ignignokt84 updated TruePVE with a new update entry:

15. Error is gone, buildings are safe from inc ammo. Can you advise though, how can I make players safe from inc as they still get burnt alive?

16. Below is a simple rule to prevent incendiary ammo fire from hurting players:
    Code:
        "fire": {
          "name": "fire",
          "description": "Incendiary ammo fire",
          "prefabs": [
            "fireball_small"
          ],
          "types": [],
            "player": false
          },
        }

17. Hi is there anyway that you can set a admin to damage High external walls as with this mod i cant seem to damage any High external walls at all thanks sam

18. Not exactly... You could create a rule to enable damage to the high external walls, but it would affect all players, not just admins.

19. maybe stupid question, but you can make that the player could not to butcher the corpse of another player?

20. Currently all corpse harvesting is enabled by default and there's no way around it with rules or whatnot... But I could probably add an option to enable/disable player corpse harvesting... That or remove corpse harvesting from being handled in the code, and force a rule to exist to handle it (which would be more in line with the whole rule-based configuration). Either way, I can probably figure something out in the next few days. :)