Solved Toggling third-person?

Discussion in 'Rust Development' started by Heatst0rm, Dec 26, 2015.

1. Hey Oxide folks,

I wanted to ask if someone knows how to make ThirdPerson possible
    @Wulf I already tried your ThirdPerson.cs but after trying to use /view nothing happens not sure I get no error nor any message that the command doesn't exist it simply doesn't do anything
    Would be great if this would be possible since I got some ideas to take of this.

2. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

If your player is admin, there's no way to handle it due to client-side checks. It will work fine for normal players. The plugin does indeed work though. Admin in Rust can change their view using Rust's own F3 binding.

3. So your ThirdPerson.CS works ?
    Why the /view chat command ?
    Can I provide a chatcommand for.players I do not want to check just give them the possiblity to switch view easily

The Plugin didn't work at my Server atleast /view didn't do anything

4. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

The /view is for plugins to use when they have permission to use it. There's was originally no way to do F3 for regular players, but there may be with the recent Rust updates with key binding being added. Like I said though, only works for those with permission, and only works for users with auth level 0.

5. And the other way? I have a big problem at the moment :( . I was in spectating mode to have a look on a player i suspected to cheat and when i respawned i suddenly was in 3rd person view and i cannot get back to default view. I am admin / owner, F3 does not work for me (spectating or not makes no difference, but in spectating mode it is 3rd person too, not eye cam). I had the idea to remove me as owner to be a normal player, but reconnecting still in 3rd person. So i switched back. Any ideas? :/

6. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

If you are admin/owner, you do not need this plugin.

7. LOL
    Code:
    player.Command("bind f3 \"view\"");

8. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

You can't bind a key to a chat command, but if a console command is added to the plugin you'd be able to.

The ThirdPerson plugin is also only for non-admin; players with auth level 2 with Rust already have the hotkey to toggle their view.

9. hmmm Maybe I did not understand the heart of the matter

Sorry Wulf)

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 11, 2016
  10. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

The OP was asking why the command was used, and I explained that the plugin isn't even needed to change your view. If you have suggestions for modifications to the plugin of mine, please post the change in the plugin's support thread, not a random thread.

11. "bind f3 \"chat.say /view\""

12. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Yeah, figured that out after I posted, but a console command would be better. :p

13. Is there a way to enable thirdperson for ANY playre who comes to my server??
    [DOUBLEPOST=1471809294][/DOUBLEPOST]Without having to manually add them to permissions**?

14. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

grant group default PERMISSIONFORTHEPLUGIN

15. Thank you bro! Figured it out :D