1. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin Community Admin Oxide Developer

It's been more than a year since Lua and JavaScript were contributed to our project, but the languages were never really fully adopted and have now long since been succeeded by C# plugin support. Going forward with future builds, both Lua and JavaScript will no longer be included in the official builds. You can still obtain the source, but keep in mind that support for both languages will not be provided by Oxide. Eventually, the Lua and JavaScript extensions will be archived and removed from the core project, but that is a little way down the road yet. Python is also planned to be unbundled and such as well, just not quite yet.

What does this mean for you as a user or developer? Well, for now you can continue as usual for existing or self-compiled installs, but we would suggest that for the few plugins that haven't already been replaced with C# counterparts, alternatives should be requested or sought after.

Just to be clear, don't panic, nothing will be breaking for existing installs. There should be C# alternatives for all Lua and JavaScript plugins already as well, otherwise there will be soon. If for some reason you still need Lua or JavaScript extensions, you can find them in previous builds of Oxide or compile them on your own.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2017
  2. Fujikura

Fujikura Grenade Master Plugin Developer

Sounds good.

Diablo 9 likes this.
  3. Calytic

Calytic Shotgun Ace Plugin Developer

I'm so disappointed. Just kidding.

Exel80 and Kappasaurus like this.
  4. LaserHydra

LaserHydra Grenade Master Plugin Developer

But... But how am I going to express my js skills now :/
    (obviously sarcasm)

5. Evano

Evano Shack Builder

Please tell me this isn't happening today. I need to update my server and go to work I don't have time to find lua replacements. :(

6. Wulf

If you already had Oxide installed before the update, you'll have them. They aren't gone, just not bundled in the zip for new installs anymore.

7. Evano

Evano Shack Builder

Gotcha, thanks!

8. CSGO is my favourite map

CSGO is my favourite map Naked Wanderer

When adding them to my new oxide install i get ReflectionTypeLoadException: the classes in the module cannot be loaded

9. Wulf

Sounds like all files were not extract and placed in the correct location.

10. CSGO is my favourite map

Downloaded your Managed.rar went to C:\server\RustDedicated_Data\Managed and pasted, tried one time with overwriting and one time with skipping the files that matched. Both did not work.

11. Wulf

I updated the zip to include a few other files you may be missing, try downloading it again.

12. CSGO is my favourite map

13. Rebajas

Rebajas Scavenger

SO just to be clear - does this need to be done just the once, or every time Oxide updates? So in the case of Rust, every week?

14. Wulf

Oxide is installed once you install it, so unless you delete files, they will be there. Which plugins are you using that are still in one of these?

15. Rebajas

Rebajas Scavenger

All the plugins I've been writing over the last 6 months :) about 15 or so. They feed info into a web site I am building:
    https://rust.friendnotfoe.co.uk - site is pretty much dead at the moment due to lack of JS functionality.

Hmm, got permissions issues... Anyone know how to get passed these? Can I just change the permissions for the folder and then upload? I'm using FileZilla FTP to a GameServers Rust install.

Ta.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2016
  16. Rebajas

Rebajas Scavenger

Anyone know how best to copy files into the Managed folder when you get a permissions error? Given that it is mid wipe I could do with not borking my server :)

17. Wulf

What is the permissions error? Did you shutdown the server first?

18. Darwin

Darwin Scavenger Plugin Developer

I have nothing nice to say about that. This really sucks.
    I was working on a mod, but I will scrap that I suppose. Sorry I don't know Microsoft languages. How about typeScript? its a microsoft language.

19. Wulf

Feedback on supported plugin languages | Oxide

20. Rebajas

Rebajas Scavenger

Hi Wulf,

I'm pretty sure the game server is shutdown - though it can be difficult to know on GameServers control panel. I can't connect to the game via RCON anymore if that offers a conclusive answer? The message I'm getting is:

Command: PASV
    Response: 227 Entering passive mode (173,199,74,86,21,131).
    Command: STOR KeraLua.dll
    Response: 550 Not enough privileges.

I get this on each file as it is attempted to transfer.

As always, thanks :)