1. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin Community Admin Oxide Developer

Yeah, all you need is the plane position to be set, otherwise it never gets set. I've been digging around trying to fix this for awhile now.

2. Justice 3

Justice 3 Naked Wanderer

Wulf what's the overall situation with save games at the moment? I remember earlier in the year, the save on the server would work the first time(after about five minutes) yet it wouldn't auto update after that. I read here that you have an issue with saves on 44c though am not familiar with this plane position problem.

Is it still advisable to host and play on the same machine for now?

3. Wulf

Still the same situation, haven't had a lot of time to try more with it yet.

4. Justice 3

Justice 3 Naked Wanderer

For me ( and I suspect quite a few others) it renders the use of the script /dedicated server as moot. If you can's save, what's the point. I love that the script is there, but I guess I'm saying, that fixing the save function has to be committed to, or else the script is quite pointless sadly.

5. Wulf

It's not really a script, more of a mod, but the current state of it is a very alpha, so there aren't really any guarantees of it working right now.

6. CatchySleet

CatchySleet Naked Wanderer

what it looks like to me is that the mod is trying to keep the main character alive by keeping him in the plane before it crashes. which is causing the plane to never set a crash location.

Thanks for all you do on this Oxide mod Wulf.

7. Wulf

No, it's supposed to skip the plane scene and spawn the player, but for some reason it isn't skipping the player. But the plane position not being set is the problem, as the crash never happens.

8. CatchySleet

I was just messing around with it. If you remove"-batchmode -nographics " from the start batch file it will start the server and also let you view what it is doing. On mine it is holding the server character at the spot where the plane first hits the turbulence. You can have the character look around but that is it. The plane never crashes.
    I'm wondering if it is possible to edit the plane crash location after the server saves?

9. Wulf

Yes, but the point of -batchmode and -nographics is to make the server use less resources and be more of a dedicated server. If you wanted purely a modded client, there are plenty of other options for that. The plane position can be set sure, but if it actually worked and was that easy I would have solved it already.

10. CatchySleet

I know. I'm not complaining at all. I'm just bored this morning and throwing out ideas. You have probably thought of all these ideas already.

11. Wulf

No worries, the main thing is just figuring out the best way to get the plane to crash. We had this working at one point, but it changed and I haven't been able to get it to work right since. I've tried numerous methods for setting the plane crash position manually too, but no success thus far.

12. Emoney

Emoney Naked Wanderer

I'm new to all this here, and i'm not sure if im messing something up or not. (FYI update .48 came out a few days ago. however, the server seems to start and run fine but when, anyone tries loading into it they get stuck at starting client. from what I have read I understand try using a save or something and I have but it doesn't seem to fix it; so here I am asking for help. I think it might be something to do with the save but unsure. any help is greatly appreciated thank you in advance.
    snipp.PNG
    --- Double Post Merged, Oct 24, 2016 ---
    also I think im beating a dead horse here if I try starting the server from no save I get this. which im sure you all probably know snipping2.PNG .

13. Emoney

Emoney Naked Wanderer

I hate to bother you about this but have you figured anything out. I love this server idea and honestly I thinks its going to be great, I already have all the plugins and set up if we could just get it online working. Do you have any suspected time line on the fix and release of the problem? I tried to play around with the problem my self but an having a hard time recompiling the .dll I think it might have something to do with the reference or something idk. I did notice what you where trying to do I believe you are trying to use the player (host server) as the plane crash location right. idk it was a little bit overwhelming at some points but I been trying to see if i could help. what I was hoping to try was just leaving the host invisible. but idk you probably all ready tried this and it failed im guessing.

14. Wulf

Hopefully I can get time to work on the many issues with it soon. Just a lot to do.

15. Wulf

Please try the latest build I just released. I think I managed to get it working properly and reduced a lot of the errors.

16. Kruetzu

Kruetzu Naked Wanderer

Wulf first off, thanks for working on oxide. Really just a tremendous project can't say enough how much your time is appreciated. I did some testing on the latest build and here are the results.

I want to preface this by saying that prior to this update if the server was shutdown/crashing afterwords players would no longer be able to join and be stuck on the grey client connecting screen.

Server starts up as expected. Player is able to join, and then builds a shelter next to plane and saved. We then waited out the 5 minute timer for the counsel to show a save then had the player save again. This process was repeated every time and used to test various scenarios.

Scenarios tested:

Player exit and rejoin without cycling server. Player was able to continue normally and still have inventory as well as spawn in the expected location.

Player exit and shutdown server. Player is unable to continue and must create a new char. however now we do not have the bug where the player is stuck on the grey client connecting screen. Plane is in a new location, as well as players inventory is reset (expected as log indicates there is no plane location). However after searching the map old plane location is found and shelter is still there, so world data is saving.

These were repeated a few more times to confirm that world data was saving (it is) player is not experiencing connection issues per this post any more (they are not). I would have to say the issue that this post was addressing is solved. However player data is reset upon cycling the server/crashing and obviously the planes location changes, not a huge deal in my opinion especially since the story still isn't complete, but I'm sure someone will complain about it ;).

The log from my server is posted below for your reference. If you require any other information please let me know! Thanks again for your hard work!

Code (Text):
    Steam Started
    Skipped cloud sync
    [Oxide] 02:15 [Info] Loading Oxide Core v2.0.2710...
    [Oxide] 02:15 [Info] Loading extensions...
    [Oxide] 02:15 [Info] Loaded extension CSharp v1.0.2710 by Oxide Team
    [Oxide] 02:15 [Info] Loaded extension JavaScript v1.0.2710 by Oxide Team
    [Oxide] 02:15 [Info] Loaded extension Lua v1.0.2710 by Oxide Team
    [Oxide] 02:15 [Info] Loaded extension MySql v1.0.2710 by Oxide Team
    [Oxide] 02:15 [Info] Loaded extension Python v1.0.2710 by Oxide Team
    [Oxide] 02:15 [Info] Loaded extension SQLite v1.0.2710 by Oxide Team
    [Oxide] 02:15 [Info] Loaded extension Unity v1.0.2710 by Oxide Team
    [Oxide] 02:15 [Info] Loaded extension TheForest v1.0.2710 by Oxide Team
    [Oxide] 02:15 [Info] Using Covalence provider for game 'TheForest'
    [Oxide] 02:15 [Info] Loading plugins...
    [Oxide] 02:15 [Info] Loaded plugin Unity Core v1.0.2710 by Oxide Team
    [Oxide] 02:15 [Info] Loaded plugin The Forest v1.0.2710 by Oxide Team
    Server is connected to steam
    Turning off 45 trees that were cut down
    No plane crash position
    NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    PlaneCrashController.setupCrashedPlane ()

P2P Session with **************** accepted
    [Oxide] 2:18 AM [Error] Failed to call hook 'OnPlayerConnected' on plugin 'TheForestCore v1.0.2710' (NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object)
    [Oxide] 2:18 AM [Debug]   at Oxide.Game.TheForest.Libraries.Covalence.TheForestPlayer..ctor (.BoltEntity entity) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at Oxide.Game.TheForest.Libraries.Covalence.TheForestPlayerManager.NotifyPlayerConnect (.BoltEntity entity) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at Oxide.Game.TheForest.TheForestCore.OnPlayerConnected (.BoltEntity entity) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Reflection.MonoMethod:InternalInvoke (object,object[],System.Exception&)
      at System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    [Oxide] 2:21 AM [Info] Server has been saved!
    ************************ quit

17. Wulf

I have some changes locally that should address this and more, just trying to get them working better.

18. graymanflo

graymanflo Naked Wanderer

Hey @Wolf, it's been a couple of months since this issue was addressed, are there any news regarding this bug?

19. Wulf

I've made some progress, but then a few steps back.

20. Wulf

This should no longer be an issue as we don't have to be as hacky now that The Forest has its own dedicated server. :)