1. bigfoot129012

bigfoot129012 Scavenger

ok ty did see them lol would this one work just for the players i want o join such as friends
    Whitelist | Oxide
    i just dont want to put something in and mess it up took me two days to get this far lol

2. mentalist

mentalist Naked Wanderer

i'm having the same issue.
    I have a windows server 2008 that i'm trying to run this on, with a separate steam account with the forest on it. I turned off the firewall to make sure its not that and basically the server "starts up" to the point where it shows the FPS, shows up on the server list, however when i try to connect to it it gets stuck on starting client (in the server console it says someone has connected and 2/10 players).

I have deleted saves in both %appdata% and the saves folder and nothing...

Code (Text):
    Starting server...
    Setting breakpad minidump AppID = 242760
    Steam_SetMinidumpSteamID:  Caching Steam ID:  76561198317158820 [API loaded no]
    Steam Started
    Cloud file (__RESUME__) Creation time: 1468448988 - 1468450668 = -1680?
    Syncing Multiplayer/Slot1/info from cloud(1468448988) to local(1468397283)
    Local file (info) Creation Time: 1468452588 - 1468448988 = 3600?
    Cloud Sync Done
    [Oxide] 18:34 [Info] Loading Oxide Core v2.0.2152...
    [Oxide] 18:34 [Info] Loading extensions...
    [Oxide] 18:34 [Info] Loaded extension CSharp v1.0.2152 by Oxide Team
    [Oxide] 18:34 [Info] Loaded extension JavaScript v1.0.2152 by Oxide Team
    [Oxide] 18:34 [Error] Failed to load extension Oxide.Ext.Lua (DllNotFoundExcepti
    on: lua52)
    [Oxide] 18:34 [Debug]   at (wrapper managed-to-native) KeraLua.NativeMethods:Lua
    LNewState ()
      at KeraLua.Lua.LuaLNewState () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at NLua.LuaLib.LuaLNewState () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at NLua.Lua..ctor () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at Oxide.Ext.Lua.LuaExtension.InitializeLua () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>
    :0
      at Oxide.Ext.Lua.LuaExtension.Load () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at Oxide.Core.Extensions.ExtensionManager.LoadExtension (System.String filenam
    e) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    [Oxide] 18:34 [Info] Loaded extension MySql v1.0.2152 by Oxide Team
    [Oxide] 18:34 [Info] Loaded extension Python v1.0.2152 by Oxide Team
    [Oxide] 18:34 [Info] Loaded extension SQLite v1.0.2152 by Oxide Team
    [Oxide] 18:34 [Info] Loaded extension Unity v1.0.2152 by Oxide Team
    [Oxide] 18:34 [Info] Loaded extension TheForest v1.0.2152 by Oxide Team
    [Oxide] 18:34 [Info] Using Covalence provider for game 'The Forest'
    [Oxide] 18:34 [Info] Loading plugins...
    [Oxide] 18:34 [Info] Loaded plugin Unity Core v1.0.0 by Oxide Team
    [Oxide] 18:34 [Info] Loaded plugin The Forest v1.0.0 by Oxide Team
    Server is connected to steam
    P2P Session with 76561198044094693 accepted
    i have went as far as to login on the servers steam account locally, copy the saves, copy the whole registry key, move saves from %appdata% to saves folder, disable steam cloud synchronization and delete local cloud files...
    i dont know what else to try, its stuck on starting client

Last edited: Jul 14, 2016
  3. graymanflo

graymanflo Naked Wanderer

Incase you missed it @mentalist, you need Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable (32 bit) and Visual C++ 2013 Redistributable (32 bit).

4. mentalist

mentalist Naked Wanderer

i got that. it didn't do anything.

i also disabled DEP protection just in case that was causing issues and nothing.. i have went through everything i can think of and its still stuck at starting client..

5. graymanflo

@mentalist, mine is stuck at starting client aswell, Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable (32 bit) and Visual C++ 2013 Redistributable (32 bit) are for solving the DllNotFoundException: lua52 error.

6. mentalist

mentalist Naked Wanderer

yes i know. but that error doesn't seem to have anything to do with getting stuck..
    i think there's some client issue where the game has to be launched at least once (i can't launch it since its a datacenter server and has no proper directx support)..well maybe i can. but i copied the whole registry key from my pc over and that didn't do anything

7. graymanflo

Joining this thread now aswell.

I'm running a clean Windows Server 2012 R2 on a machine with no GPU/no DirectX with a second Steam account which has The Forest purschased. However unlike @mentalist I am able to run the game with GUI.

Without Oxide > Lobby starts and players are able to play.

With Oxide > Client stuck at "Starting Client ...":
    http://pastebin.com/raw/yFVYk9Xp

With Oxide and without -batchmode -nographics > Game crashes:
    http://pastebin.com/raw/dQV8mhpL

I'm willing to try anything ;)!

8. mentalist

mentalist Naked Wanderer

well technically you can't run it with GUI if it crashes..i just get a directx error, but i can probably get around that if i use VNC instead of RDP.

although ive had no issues running 7 days to die with bachmode nographics..

9. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin Community Admin Oxide Developer

The -batchmode and -nographics in 7 Days to Die vs. The Forest aren't really the same, as The Forest doesn't really disable anything when that is used aside from not showing the screen, most of the game client is still running and trying to render in the background. The only time it really disables anything is when Oxide attempts to disable client elements to make it use less resources as a server.

10. graymanflo

The crash is occuring when launching the lobby in Oxide without -batchmode -nographics parameters. With a fresh install of The Forest and no Oxide the lobby is launching and clients are able to play.

Sidenote: The Forest patch 0.43c was just released.

11. Wulf

So I've been fiddling around with this for the past few days, and I've managed to confirm that the issue is caused by the plane crash not having a location set for some reason, which causes the clients not know where to spawn at from my understanding. So as long as the plane has as crash position set when the server saves, then the next time it starts players can connect just fine. This isn't an issue if it never saves, as you'll not have a save to load each time the server starts. I've been trying to work out a fix for this and fixing other issues along the way, so hopefully we'll have something a bit more stable soon.

12. mentalist

mentalist Naked Wanderer

I don't have any saves. even with steam cloud disabled

13. csstikman89

csstikman89 Naked Wanderer

Nice!! Glad to see some progress on this! Even if it begins with acknowledgment, and some insight into where to lay a new path. I have seen spawn and plane location related errors spewed out to console many times over whilst I was debugging this. I even tried to get and set plane position coordinates upon saving/loading, and although I didn't succeed; I didn't invest a huge amount of time ciphering why. It did spew some interesting results to console. Hopefully you will have better luck coming up with a solution.

Anyhow, the problem seems to be very different now; or at least has another problem accompanying it. The server doesn't progress passed 'Starting Client...' whether a save exists or not. Wiping the saves yields no result. I could comment the autosave and the code responsible for loading an existing save out from source, build and deploy to gamedir. Still nada. Stuck at 'Starting Client...'. Like the others here, removing -batchmode and -nographics results in the same behaviour, and it's not until you remove Oxide related library entirely will hosted servers be connectible.

I do believe the save anomaly and perhaps even the plane position is responsible for the mismatch upon loading a save, however the issue with getting caught at 'Starting Client...' could be entirely unrelated and caused elsewhere? I'm more curious as to which specific code is responsible for rendering or not rendering the UI in conjunction with the Oxide server startup parameters. You can literally remove all those if statements checking for the presence of 'nographics' or 'batchmode' out from the projects code, yet if it still exists in the startup script - your window will still not render. I was trying to debug whether the lack of an active render to window was causing the issue; which I still believe could be the case. I'm assuming one of your precompiled binaries is handling the additional startup parameters implemented?

Best Regards,

Stickman89

14. Wulf

The only time I've encountered the "Starting Client" issue is when the plane crash position was not set, every other time it loaded fine with or without Oxide. The if checks for nographics and batchmode are just to disable additional elements, the if checks do not tell your window to show or not, the settings are native Unity arguments.

csstikman89 likes this.
  15. Daedy80

Daedy80 Naked Wanderer

hello,
    I set and launch a server on a windows 2012 vps, and everything works great.
    The only problem is if I stop and restart the server, I have the plane position bug and players can't join as describe in this thread.
    So I delete the save files and restart the server and players can join but all is reset.
    I have also always an error on the console starting "level0 is corrupted! Remove it and launch unity again!" but it works with this error.

I'd like to thank you for all the job done, it's just amazing, and also scuse me if my english is not very good, i'm french and i do what I can ;)

16. Fooney

Fooney Naked Wanderer

I had same issue but I enabled UDP connection through my VPN manager and it works now.

17. Wulf

Not being able to connect due to the network not being open (would be the same issue with regular The Forest) and not being able to connect due to an invalid save (dedicated server via Oxide) aren't the same issue. You'll likely run in this issue once you make a save.

18. Fooney

Fooney Naked Wanderer

Hmm. Been running Your mod with a really old save with big structures and haven't had this problem. Ran other saves as well. Everything is saving normally for host and client. Seems you just need a save file where the host has gone through the intro or you don't have a spawn position.

19. Wulf

Old saves made with the client itself will work fine, just not new saves.

20. Fooney

Fooney Naked Wanderer

Wow so glad its not the other way around lol but as for a workaround all you have to do is play past intro, save and then you're good to use on your Oxide install.