1. bigfoot129012

bigfoot129012 Scavenger

uh you mean just start the game up throu steam and play it ? if thats what you mean then yes i did and i can play and join servers just not the one im hosting on my pc

2. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin Community Admin Oxide Developer

Is your client separate from the install with Oxide?

3. bigfoot129012

bigfoot129012 Scavenger

yes i started the game throu steam its self no server and my son connected to me find
    so now i'm so lost of what to do b/c i googled everything i can think of and nothing lol

Last edited: Jul 6, 2016
  4. Wulf

I guess all I can really recommend is to wait until I get it more stable. Without knowing exactly what is going on and being unable to reproduce it, it makes it a bit more challenging to fix. I'll try to put some time into it soon though to see if I can smooth it out.

bigfoot129012 likes this.
  5. bigfoot129012

bigfoot129012 Scavenger

will you be able to type out a batch file for me to copy and see if i can get the server up and running with out oxide installed to see if it oxide i can't get working or its the game it's self please and thanks?

6. Wulf

The .bat file that is included with Oxide is what I use daily and it works fine. The .bat file is useless without Oxide.

7. bigfoot129012

bigfoot129012 Scavenger

i ran CMD and then this
    login id password
    force_install_dir C:\Users\Bigfoot\Desktop\forest
    app_update 242760 validate

then it downloads all the files and then i drap all of ur oxide files in that forest folder then i do this to the startup .bat
    @echo off
    cls
    :start
    echo Starting server...

TheForest.exe -batchmode -nographics -ip my ip -port 27016 -maxplayers 10 -hostname "Bigfoot's Forest" -friendsonly 0

echo.
    echo Restarting server...
    echo.
    goto start

then save
    --- Double Post Merged, Jul 8, 2016 ---
    here's the log when i start up server

8. Wulf

There was an update today to 0.42, so you'll need to wait till I release the Oxide build for that to use it with it.

9. bigfoot129012

bigfoot129012 Scavenger

ahh i didn't know they had one today they got that one by me lol ok i'll be waiting lol and thanks alot for replaying so fast and doing all the great work on the plugins and server files
    but all the stuff i did is right thou?

10. Wulf

Yes, you have it right.

11. bigfoot129012

bigfoot129012 Scavenger

The game hate me lol this is what i get
    for some reason two of the servers pop up and then either one i click on i get this
    i just don't unstand lol i have a rust server with oxide in it and no problems at all just forest can you please help me fig. out whats going on?

12. Wulf

The game doesn't de-list the old server right away, seems to take a bit of time. I know about as much as you with it right now as I can connect just fine, but others can't.

13. bigfoot129012

bigfoot129012 Scavenger

you can connect to mine now or someone eles server?
    and why does it pop up two server with the same name?

14. Wulf

I connect to mine every time I update it, and a friend often tests with me as well.

15. bigfoot129012

bigfoot129012 Scavenger

can you try to connect to mine and see what happens ? see if its just my network not letting me on

16. Wulf

I couldn't seem to connect to your server, but you can try connecting to mine at "My Oxide Server" on the list.

17. bigfoot129012

bigfoot129012 Scavenger

if i did all this right
    i ran CMD and then this
    login id password
    force_install_dir C:\Users\Bigfoot\Desktop\forest
    app_update 242760 validate

then it downloads all the files and then i drap all of ur oxide files in that forest folder then i do this to the startup .bat
    @echo off
    cls
    :start
    echo Starting server...

TheForest.exe -batchmode -nographics -ip my ip -port 27016 -maxplayers 10 -hostname "Bigfoot's Forest" -friendsonly 0

echo.
    echo Restarting server...
    echo.
    goto start

then save

why am i haveing the starting client problem lol ?

this just poped up on the server when i started up the server at the end of loading it
    GlobalDataSaver this._intData.Count missmatch (759/0)
    Turning off 32 trees that were cut down
    NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    No plane crash position
    hate to ask this would i be able to get yours files and see if they work on my side or not i'm at a stand point and don't have anything eles i can do to try

18. Wulf

My files would be the same as downloading via SteamCMD and installing Oxide.

19. bigfoot129012

bigfoot129012 Scavenger

yeah and that'swhat i did to i already posted anything i did and you said i was doing it right umm just dont know what eles to do to get it working
    how to fix this

and could this be the reson thats its doing what its doing i googled it but i dont understand it?

20. Wulf

Those errors you'll have to ignore for now, they shouldn't hurt anything.