1. Hello. I'm trying to set up Hurtworld vanilla server on linux Debian.
    Firstly i had a problem described here

But after fixing it, i cant start server because of:
    SteamServerConnectFailure: k_EResultNoConnection

./Hurtworld.x86_64 -batchmode -nographics -exec "host 12871;queryport 12881;servername <color=#FF0000>wulfwuud's test server</color> -logfile "log.txt"
    This is how i start the server.
    Does anybody have a solution?

2. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

That error means your server can't connect to Steam, either due to a firewall blocking it or otherwise.

3. I can translate the error xD
    Also, there are bunch of mc servers, and they are sucessfuly working, so i dont think that it is a firewall-related problems.

4. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Other servers being allowed doesn't really mean that this one is.

5. I get the same issue. I am trying to figure out what causes it. No luck thus far.

It may be something you need to add in iptables, yet on the same server I was able to run a wine'd hurtworld windows server without issue.

It may be something with the steamclient.so being outdated, will try to take the ones from steamcmd and see if this fixes the issue.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 9, 2015
  6. Does HW uses tcp or udp?

7. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Pretty much most modern games use UDP, this includes Hurtworld. TCP is generally only used for webservers.

8. tried 3 different dedicated servers, same error.

Any ideas why HW can't connect to steam?

9. This seems exclusive to the linux branch, thus I take it may be using different / outdated files. Try replacing steamclient.so files by those found in steamcmd and tell me if that fixes it.

10. As far as i understood you i should take /steamcmd/linux32/steamclient.so and put it into /hurtworld/ and /hurtworld/Hurtworld_Data/Plugins/x86_64?
    If i'm right than it does'nt helps at all.

11. /steamcmd/linux32/steamclient.so to /hurtworld/Hurtworld_Data/Plugins/x86 (and maybe /hurtworld/ to be safe)

Also worth trying:

Login Failure: No Connection
    On linux servers, you may experience a "Login Failure: No Connection" error. This is related to missing iptables rules. You will want something along these lines:

Code:
    iptables -A INPUT -p udp -m udp --sport 27000:27030 --dport 1025:65355 -j ACCEPT
    iptables -A INPUT -p udp -m udp --sport 4380 --dport 1025:65355 -j ACCEPT
    The port list is found here: Required Ports for Steam - Network/Connection Issues - Knowledge Base - Steam Support

12. After doing this

[S_API FAIL] SteamAPI_Init() failed; SteamAPI_IsSteamRunning() failed.
    dlopen failed trying to load:
    steamclient.so
    with error:
    steamclient.so: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS32
    [S_API FAIL] SteamAPI_Init() failed; unable to locate a running instance of Steam, or a local steamclient.so.

13. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

You copied an x86 file to an x64 server.

14. Yup :D
    fxd it
    now startup log is hastebin

UPD
    SteamServerConnectFailure: k_EResultNoConnection
    again

15. Test to see if you can connect to your server using the ip. It seems like it runs yet does not show on the server list.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 10, 2015
  16. I fixed the steamclient.so thing, after that tried that with the iptables.
    When i start the server now i get no "SteamServerConnectFailure: k_EResultNoConnection" but it dont show up in Serverlist.
    After 1-2mins the error "SteamServerConnectFailure: k_EResultNoConnection" appears...

17. No fix has been found yet.

18. Connecting to Server via Console is working.
    But after that the player gets kicked with this Message:
    Steam verification timed out, kicking

Is there a fix maybe?

19. i'm using debian, server works fine but no oxide mod.
    Code:
    LD_LIBRARY_PATH="$LD_LIBRARY_PATH:./linux64" ./Hurtworld.x86 -nographics -batchmode -exec "host 12871;queryport 12881;servername Test Server 123" -logfile "gamelog.txt"

20. Hello, i try to install my hurtworld server since 2 days but all time i'm kicked by the server.
    How did you proceed Juan Coder ? And what's your version of debian ?
    Thx in advance.