SteamGroups

Moved

Total Downloads: 1,118 - First Release: Aug 17, 2016 - Last Update: Nov 9, 2017

5/5, 12 likes
  1. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

403 code is permission denied by Steam's API, it happens from too many requests. The retrying spam is happening when a player's connection bugs for some reason, not sure how to fix that.

The issue is that could go on forever and then I'd get complaints that people can't join even though they are in the group. :p

2. Thanks for the quick reply Wulf. Is it possible that an RCON tool (RustAdmin, etc.) could trigger the connection bug?

3. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

No, RCON uses different connections entirely.

4. Thanks for saving me that investigative research :p Last question: Is there any way to get the spam to stop, detect the problematic connection, or otherwise reset?

5. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Not that I know of right now without a server restart. Generally unloading the plugin should stop it, but last I tested it didn't I believe.

6. Gotcha. Just to clarify, I have tried restarting multiple times to no avail. I guess I will just sit this one out and hope Steam doesnt issue an IP ban on me :D Cheers!

7. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Pretty sure they allow connections again after awhile, so if that's your issue right now, I'd just unload it until they allow it again. I'll have to figure out some preventions for this soon.

Edit: Scratch what I said @Lawd Reekris, I was confused between this and another plugin. I have the retrying disabled locally. The actual reason for the retrying is that for some reason the plugin can't read the interval I believe, so it tries to update too frequently.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2016
  8. Is this Plugin is working now? I'm not able to make any whitelist on my server neither server.steamgroup . I'm trying to find out what I'm doing wrong but I have found nothing. This is a part of the log, It will maybe help.

Code:
    [Info] Loaded plugin SteamGroups v0.2.0 by Wulf/lukespragg
    16:42 [Warning] The 'load' variable is unused and can be removed
    16:42 [Error] Failed to load plugin '1' (no source found)
    16:43 [Info] Updating Rust:IO ...
    16:43 [Info] [SteamGroups] 1 new member from group 'my steam groupename wase there'
    4:43 PM [Info] Rust:IO: Update complete

9. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Looks to be working just fine according to that log. What exactly is the issue?

I'm not sure what you mean server.steamgroup, but that command has never exited for Rust Experimental.

10. The people still can access the server even they are not a part of the stream group :(

11. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

This plugin doesn't whitelist, it adds you to a group. If you want a whitelist, you'd need to use the Whitelist plugin and grant the permission to the group you have set with this plugin. Example: grant group steam whitelist.allow.

12. CHR

CHR

Is there a chance to run a command on steamgroup join? Should only be done once. So People don jump in and out to exploit.

13. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Users are removed from the permissions groups if they leave the Steam group when it checks. What would running a command do to prevent that?

14. this is the steam group Steam Community :: Group :: www.alteregogaming.co.uk and this is what i put in the config Gyazo - 0df6c4920ccabf6813095551b69aad03.png is this correct? do i restart server or anything as someone has joined the group to test it but they cant redeem the /kit food, the permission for the kit is kits.steam. thanks in advance

15. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

16. Any update on batched adding the permission for large groups? :D

17. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Please try the latest build of Oxide I just released please.

18. wulf - the plugin seems to add new members even if there no one joins the group.

19. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

That is only possible if you have a group set in the config.

20. Sorry, I'm not being clear. We get a message in console that "x new members from group" but no one joined the steam group.