Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin Community Admin Oxide Developer

As some of you may have noticed, we've been dealing with a lot of spam on the forums lately. In order to combat the spam, we've decided to require new users to register and sign-in using Steam. It's not hard, all you need is a valid Steam account and a little bit of time! Need a little help figuring it out? Follow the step-by-step instructions below!

Step 1: Click the Sign in through STEAM button

steam-button.png

Step 2: Login to Steam's secure authentication system
    steam-signin.png

DONE! You may now create new threads, post replies, upload resources, and enjoy the forums! :)

Krimian and OrangeJoe like this.
  2. Hatemail

Hatemail Shotgun Ace Plugin Developer

This only affects new accounts though correct or has it just not been forced globally.

3. Wulf

Right now it's global, it just wasn't applied yet at the exact time of posting. The way it works, is the site checks if the user has their Steam account associated or not, then adds them to the appropriate user group with permissions.

4. Hatemail

Hatemail Shotgun Ace Plugin Developer

Is it still not applied as mine is no longer linked and still can post.

5. Wulf

Apparently the settings didn't save. ;) Fixing now.

Edit: Fixed.

Hatemail likes this.
  6. twiggy238

twiggy238 Naked Wanderer

Just wondering is there approval wait time? I linked my account and it tells me I still do have permission to post or download mods

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 4, 2014
    dumpbyte likes this.
  7. Wulf

You do have permission or don't? Downloading plugins/resources is fixed now, and you posted here, so that should be working.

8. twiggy238

twiggy238 Naked Wanderer

Sorry it was saying that you don't have permission, but I'm going to check now

*update* it work now thanks Wulf

dumpbyte likes this.
  9. Wulf

No problem, thanks for letting me know. :)

10. OrangeJoe

OrangeJoe Scavenger Plugin Developer

Ok i just associated my steam account with my Oxide forum profile and it made a new account from what i can gather and now i don't have privileges on my own resources.

11. Wulf

What other account did you make, because the one you are under now doesn't match anything from the "OrangeJoe" user with no space. Both the accounts were not made recently.

12. Bill Dozer

Bill Dozer Naked Wanderer

Both myself and friends have been trying to get plugins today and everyone we click says error.

13. Wulf

Screenshot please.

14. Domestos

Domestos Shotgun Ace Plugin Developer

I can still post without connecting my steam profile :)
    Edit: Downloading plugins also works. I can also get onto the resource update page but cant check if I can post it since i havent one ready.

15. Wulf

You're a special case. ;)
    --- Double Post Merged, Jul 4, 2014 ---
    Update: Some users have been having issues linking their Steam account. If you are having issues, please message me via PM so that we can help get it working for you.

16. Bootloop

Bootloop Wood Hoarder

All good here - thanks for the help/advice.

17. Wulf

Update 2: The promotion system in XenForo seems to be a bit flakey right now for some reason, so we've temporarily disabled the Steam requirement until we resolve the issue.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.