1. ability to assign specific skins given certain attributes when crafted
    An example would be +50hp on skin 1 or + 10 attack on skin 2...e.g. could be useful with server rewards or rewards for levelling systems / VIP or additional means to spend time finding stuff on servers in some way if contained in better or skinned loot crates/barrels etc?

If you do have both the time and experience. I really do hope you continue on to read this, I think it is significantly beneficial for yourself, myself as well as essentially contributing a lot more possibilities for a large proportion of the servers in Rust.

I deeply feel for such a simple system this could realistically change a lot of the reasoning for obtaining say skinned armour in modified Loot Crates/Server Rewards/Roleplay/Servers focusing more on FPS or Skills, etc.
    I am not fluent with the logistics of how programming works, however I am sure that say the server logged the information for each individual skin code...which I know exists. Then when crafted by the player the server determines their 'enhancements' some examples would be; (+ health/health-regeneration), (+ gather rate), (+ player speed? "if not client-side"), (+ additions to attack/weapon damage/bullet velocity) and so on.

If this is possible and the values in Json config can be internally modified by the server to allow some form of option to disable or enable certain skins. This would "in-effect" allow an overhaul for the system of rust - allowing a heck of a lot more armour pieces of choice as well as whether some skins can be crafted or not is a different matter...? I strongly think had this been implemented I certainly would like to see this used in more FPS survival so that it realistically adds a lot more obtainable loot and privileges to playing the game for longer periods of time, but as you can assume this is ideal for many types of servers with all different goals.

Another perhaps optional thing is if the skin 'constant values'...whatever they are? when obtained or recognised to be worn on player they could trigger a 'constant effect' of a privilege to a console command or the programming trigger moves into a specific group of rust with better privileges e.g. access to faux no clip or ability to craft certain items perhaps you were not allowed in another group.

Thank you for reading.
    - Trident

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 26, 2017