Rust Spawn raid protection

Discussion in 'Plugin Requests' started by cPed, Jul 23, 2017.

1. Hi there,

Nothing is more annoyed then getting raided on your first night.
    Tons of player of my server has experienced this and sadly the effect is that they rage quit.

I was thinking if it would be possible to have a plugin that would help against this.
    You could set a time in the config.

For that time your buildings cannot be damaged. Basically it would either use zones or something to create a indestructible base. This would be stopped if they damage another base by any means.

The player would not be protected of course so cant be used as a shield or something like that.

It would just allow someone to get well established base wise before you get totaled.
    This is specially useful for those servers with 10-100x as you need a rather large base before you are "raid safe"

What do you guys think? possible?

2. I think it will be abused like anti offline raid. 1 person builds the base and then never logs back in while 3 friends life in an indestructible base. They would need to fix it based on TC and even then all they have to do is remove the TC and replace it. I understand the fustration myself but I dont think there is a correct way to fix this without someone finding away to abuse the system.

3. 1. Razor is right, it is abuse.
    2. I am player, craft C4, place it on wall, it BA-BAH and now what? no damage? Leave.

But i can write this plugin for you if you want, but i think that is bad idea)

4. I have to agree with Razor and Hougan, while as a solo player I like the idea - I'm sure some wanker will abuse it.
    You would also need some kind of strong visual queue to say that this base is still under the "noob guard" or whatever you wanted to call it. Otherwise as Hougan said, you will piss off any raider who drops some C4 on the door.

I'm sure there would be ways to limit its abuse. e.g. have it based on the location rather than player/tc - that way you can never again in the same spot get the 24hr protection. And or make the sphere of protection small - e.g just enough to cover a 2x2x2.

5. Sphere idea is very good! I will implement this soon!
    With check's like, "pro" can't move into this sphere, e.t.c.

6. Here are my ideas to avoid abuse:
    1. Time is not playtime, its real time, so cant just come in, build a base and be forever protected.
    2. Zone created will be small. Can be configured with Radius in config.
    3. Will check auth at doors, TC and boxes. If anyone thats authed damage a structure, protection is removed.
    4. Use the plugin that provides visible zones, so people know if a zone is protected
    5. 1 zone per fresh spawn.. Cant go around creating tons of buildings that cant be damaged.

Im no dev so i have no idea if its even possible.

7. You can easily refund the items used after the notice has been sent to the player

8. Did'not think about it, but it is also bad idea, because of explosion, e.t.c., sphere is better ;3

9. With buildings you can determine when they were built, but the sphere... How are you going to deal with that / determine the buildings inside of it?

10. First upgraded foundation of player will be center of sphere.
    Or cupBoard will be center of sphere.

11. I would say cupboard yea.. and they only get one.. so radius set in config will be from that point.. that will create a zone in zonemanager.. a visible one.. where structures are indestructable.. after timer has reached its limit.. zone is deleted

12. It should use the position of the cupboard, but not attached to the cupboard - why i say this is becuase, If i had a team of three people and person 1 places the cupboard on day one, then day two we destroy the cupboad and person 2 places a new cupboard etc.

If a team does this they could get several days of an immortal base.

It should be based on the position (x:y) and once placed it should remember that location and not let any other sphere be created there.

13. Easily, this zone will create only if you place your cup in first hour of a play.

14. That rule would be a bit hard for some players.. normally when I start on a new wipe / server, I like to roam to find a good place to build and sometimes I don't build for a few hours. Does that mean I wouldn't get the protection?

15. True.. but how about we do regarding the auth thing?
    if you auth in a cup board, door or anything.. your right to 1 protected zone is forfeited.

That way a group will only get one zone total..

16. I - almost - agree with you mate, but again what if I dont auth on anything until day two?.. some people are incredibly dedicated to getting the most out of anything!.

But, that is a good idea and should work for MOST of the players :)

17. Well, if someone is gonna bother to have someone else open every door, build everything.. open every chest.. never teleport or anything.. then they almost deserve a second zone lol.. building access is needed for so many things on these servers that people can barely live without it.. but yea.. how about we also set a timer on when you have to place the first tc.. if you dont place one within 24 hours real time.. then you dont need one.. no one waits 24 hours before making a base or a storage at least.. thoughts?

So any devs that might want to look into this?

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 24, 2017
  18. Looks interesting Ryan.. Would this be only counted from wipe? or counted from the first time someone joins after a wipe?

My thought was that the first time someone joins after a wipe. their steamID as well as date and time is logged in a database.. This database is checked every time someone is logged on.. to see if they qualify for the raid protection or not.

19. That'd be a lot harder as you could maybe tell in the discussion above, this (imo) is the closest way of a reliable and none performance intensive method.