Total Downloads: 1,323 - First Release: Jun 7, 2016 - Last Update: Dec 7, 2016

5/5, 6 likes
  1. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Wulf submitted a new resource:

Slack - Plugin API for sending messages and notifications to Slack

Read more about this resource...

2. Hey Wulf,

I really love the idea of this. We are pretty new to Slack and can't really figure out what we need to put for Hook and Icon URL.
    We get this error but i guess cause we set it up wrong.
    Code:
    (04:50:53) | [Oxide] 03:51 [Error] Web request callback raised an exception (NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object)
    (04:50:53) | [Oxide] 03:51 [Debug]   at Oxide.Plugins.Slack+<PostToSlack>c__AnonStorey3.<>m__0 (Int32 code, System.String response) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at Oxide.Core.Libraries.WebRequests+WebRequest.<OnComplete>m__1 () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

3. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

The HookUrl is the URL you get from creating an incoming webhook in your Slack community.
    https://YOURSLACKNAME.slack.com/apps/A0F7XDUAZ-incoming-webhooks

The IconUrl is optional, it's just used to override what is set as default when you make your webhook.

4. Awesome thank you :)

ok works now but still get this error everytime someone says something:
    Code:
    (05:33:43) | [Oxide] 04:33 [Error] Web request callback raised an exception (NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object)
    (05:33:43) | [Oxide] 04:33 [Debug]   at Oxide.Plugins.Slack+<PostToSlack>c__AnonStorey3.<>m__0 (Int32 code, System.String response) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at Oxide.Core.Libraries.WebRequests+WebRequest.<OnComplete>m__1 () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    well maybe i should have post this under SlackChat :p

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 7, 2016
  5. Nice work Luke....could really replace my idea about a PushOver-API used Notification-System

6. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

That already exists too. ;)
    [DOUBLEPOST=1465300020,1465299997][/DOUBLEPOST]
    I'd need to see your settings.

7. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Wulf updated Slack with a new update entry:

8. Do you still need it ? cause with the new update its fine ;)

9. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

No, it's all good. ;)

10. For me it isn't working. Default config, just added hook link

11. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

What exactly isn't working? This plugin will do nothing without others using it.

12. Yes, used with SlackChat, and im not receiving messages on slack.

13. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Are you sure the hook URL is right and the channel exists? Did you reload the plugins after changing the configs?

14. Yes, hook url is fully right, channel is default(general) and exists, reloaded plugins too. I can send you all my config, but send me pm.

15. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

PM sent.

16. So Rust and H2o are working fine just Hurtworld dosnt seem to work. Could it be that the problem is BetterChat cause we are running a old version of BetterChat.

17. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Unlikely, it uses the same API as every other game we support. Did you check your logs for errors?

18. Yes, but i found nothing that could come from Slack.

19. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Testing with Hurtworld now, not sure why it isn't sending with it.

20. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Wulf updated Slack with a new update entry: