1. I want to be able to spawn or craft specific skins. not random ones..
    I would also like a permission system, as I don't want players to be able to do it.
    I want to offer these skins in my ingame shop. So players without the steam skin could still buy the item on my server..

2. It's not yours to sell ...
    it's an item to buy from the ones that actually CREATE the skin, and shouldn't be bought from someone that just use a plugin to spawn specific skins.
    You won't get any help from anyone for this.

3. I own a few of the skins. I'm not selling the ability to craft them yourself. Just to be able to buy a certain hoodie while playing.
    I gain $0 from my shop. Its just RP from server rewards. No donations. No $$$. Nothing like that.

The random skin mod already exists. But its random, still gives bchillz hoodies etc.
    I just want one where admin can choose what to spawn, no random spawn.

I don't see why noone would help with this. When Item Skin Randomizer for Rust | Oxide already exists..

4. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Random is one thing, allowing players to pick one is a different thing. They're both gray areas still, and if the system is abused, you may lose it all. It's still technically pirating a paid product either way, but the only types we allow here are random and those for the purpose of team plugins and such.

5. You make a good point. This is why its based on RP only. And I don't want players to spawn.
    I've seen enough highly modded servers where we just build soooo many randoms, till we get 5 the same.
    On servers where resources are not an issue, this must already be somewhat abused.

Perhaps I should just use Item Skin Randomizer for Rust | Oxide (hopefully it has permission system) and just craft till I get them all.

6. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

I imagine it may be locked down more eventually, but the code is out there if anyone wants to make something more specific.

7. Not like it's exactly hard to figure out when Item Skin Randomizer already contains quite a bit of code for the skins. The amount of servers privately using these plugins or people giving them/selling them privately is only going to go up, which is probably even worse than it being public.

EDIT: Also, don't the docs have a list of all the skin IDs? Even the function for creating an item has a variable for a skin ID, so anyone could technically spawn any skin they want. If this is somehow not well known, edit my post and remove it I guess, but it seems pointless to be in the docs if it's not ever going to be used.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 19, 2016
  8. True, 2 months back I invested about 50 euros to skins, as Shady said, i could use a ki.. plugin, the api docs, found id and just you know save those k...ts and trhen just edit data file with IDs and it would be, but in the otherfact, lets face it that in game skins are what people get as a benefit for playing rust (1 skin = 50 play hrs I think) or to buy them and support game develop further more. Again, I get its only for the ingame shop purpose (I use server rewards as well as main economic) but still, if you will add skins that you do not own ingame to a ingame shop (for virtual money, not thingkin BTC or other shis, talking about RPs trough the plugin) it will ruin game expirience and game differency for others, try someday if you will be able to find a new guy playing rust how exited he will be when he will get his 1st skinned item in steam inventory, and try to watch people when they get skinned content for "nothing". Yes this nothing is the same like the playtime reward, but still, its putting the differences to the game, As shady said sorry for my grey view so if needed, delete those parts that I am kinda explaining how to do it also...

Anyway since you invested some money to have your own server, I though you will have less more money to invest in few skins ;)

9. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

It can be used, we just don't allow picking skins. I've mentioned that team plugins that utilize skins are fine to be shared here, as are the random ones.

10. I agree with wulf and reneb. I made a plugin on my server to do this purely for me to aid in setting up event outfits/npc outfits. Selling them for RP currency in game would still potentially harm FP revenue.

11. My shop work with item skin :)

I have a Shop with skin is not so hard but the player with Clan before the name can't buy this item :/

Is not my idea and i don't know if my friend want share the tactics for the Skin on shop

But is not hard with reflection ^^

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 26, 2016
  12. I've got it all sorted. Thanks for advice here everyone

13. i already have a Skin Plugin from Killyou but the plugin is litlebit old now because its not possible to use the new skins.

i would like a plugin that does the same /sc Press E on item in hotbar and change skins include New Skins please

and if possible auto updates on the Skin list.

i seen many forums people having the new skins already with a plugin so let me know

15 euro i offer for a plugin that works as described
    [DOUBLEPOST=1479403255][/DOUBLEPOST]Spawning workshop items? | Oxide
    [DOUBLEPOST=1479403276][/DOUBLEPOST]but then instead of spawn i want able to change.

14. Requests for such plugin types are not supported by the Oxide forums.

15. Sorry for my English
    Friends please tell me whether the Item Skin Randomizer plugin for Rust to do so the player could choose the skin

16. You should post in the item skin randomizer thread

17. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

The Item Skin Randomizer is only for randomization, not skin selection. Skin selection plugins currently aren't allowed here as well due to the general use of getting paid skins for free. ;)

18. I don't think he said something "hack" skin selection but allow player to use their own paid skin while randomizer is active because from now it doesn't let player to use there own skin.

19. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

"player could choose the skin" > I see nothing about owning them. :p

20. Well I tested it and my players said they can't use there own paid skin