1. Netzulo

Netzulo Naked Wanderer

how i can help , i got my compiled oxide for TheForest , but starting server script .bat don't show nothing ? MP ?

2. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin Community Admin Oxide Developer

We don't support it right now. Once it is fully working with it, there will be builds available.

3. Cr4nkSt4r

Cr4nkSt4r Naked Wanderer

I don't think the original code was updated for the latest The Forest update, so maybe this is the error.
    They discontinued the work at the moment and maybe they will start again if everything else is working for them.
    So use the OxidePatcher if you know how it's working and patch for the latst update for yourself but still, don't forget that the server isn't saving correct, so there is more then a high chance you can't load your serverfiles again if the server stopped one time.

~ regards

4. Wulf

Oxide is already patched for it, but the issues are not resolved yet.

5. Netzulo

Netzulo Naked Wanderer

okey , will be expecting some changes then... thank you for your time.

6. Cr4nkSt4r

Cr4nkSt4r Naked Wanderer

Ah ok, it's another error, that's not good at all :D

7. Tommy_vr

Tommy_vr Scavenger

@Wulf I managed to get the server kinda working by starting the game on my vm normally through steam, and after creating the server, i then closed the game and started the server with the CMD. The console does only display "Starting Server...", how do i fix this so i can use oxide features... Ill attach the oxide log to the post. Yes people can join the server.

Thanks in advance.

8. Akandesh

Akandesh Naked Wanderer

Hello, I just want a basic The Forest server which works similarly to the the in-game ones and I've been unable to find any guide which isn't labeled as outdated or is from 2014 and really outdated. How do I create one without the GUI? Just purchased a second copy of the game for this cause.

Kind regards

Edit: Started one through the game with the window at lowest resolution and quality and so far it doesn't seem to be under any crazy load. Might work.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2017
  9. Wulf

The developers just released their dedicated server, so you should be able to use that to create one. We'll be updating Oxide to support it soon too.

The App ID for The Forest Dedicated Server is 556450.

10. The Sociopath

The Sociopath Naked Wanderer

I've set up a server, and its showing in the server list, but it says 0/0. I have set 8 players in the server config. When im trying to join it asks for a admin password, this is set to blank in the config. Typing in the normal password, or no password at all gives me a black screen and nothing happens. Do you know how to fix this?

Edit: I managed to fix it. I had to log into steam with an account that owned the game

Last edited: Apr 19, 2017
  11. Netzulo

Netzulo Naked Wanderer

Hi guys , just im TheForest player like all but... im C#, Java, Python and NodeJs Developer, and 22 april we will love more TheForest

I Got 100 Players server on : thefores.servegame.com
    Im planing to host Official servers : https://netzulo.com

but... how to do ALL without die trying ?

1. Buy Steam License

2. Follow this post to get Official TheForestDedicatedServer running : The Forest Dedicated Server : TheNetzuloForest – Netzulo Testing Lab
    (NOTE: if you use your local connection to up server, use your public IP address and NAT your router)

3. Download one Oxide for TheForest

3.1. Download List:Releases · OxideMod/Oxide · GitHub
    3.2. TESTED build : https://github.com/OxideMod/Oxide/releases/download/2.0.3222/Oxide-TheForest.zip
    3.3. TESTED source build (just for developers): https://github.com/OxideMod/Oxide/archive/2.0.3222.zip

NOW you have OFFICIAL TheForestDedicatedServer + Oxide running
    • Server Path : <installation_steam_folder>\steam\steamapps\common\TheForestDedicatedServer\oxide\logs
    • Config Path : <user_profile_folder>\LocalLow\SKS\TheForestDedicatedServer\ds\Server.cfg
    • Oxide Path : <installation_steam_folder>\steam\steamapps\common\TheForestDedicatedServer\oxide
    • Plugins Path : <installation_steam_folder>\steam\steamapps\common\TheForestDedicatedServer\oxide\plugins
    How to develop plugins ?

1. Use namespace : Oxide.Plugins
    1. Extend Class: TheForestPlugin
    2. Navigate to documentation: Oxide API for The Forest
    3. Code some AWESOME PLUGIN
    4. Copy your .CS file to /Oxide/plugins
    5. Restart server... server will recognize file, will compile and will update plugin changes

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 27, 2017
  12. Slydelix

Slydelix Scavenger

Hello!
    Putting oxide files in the server makes it tagged with red exclamation mark notifying about version mismatch = can't join server... Is there any info about this?

13. Wulf

Sounds like you aren't using the latest Oxide build. It's update with the latest dedicated server version from Steam, so there shouldn't be any issues when joining.

14. Slydelix

Slydelix Scavenger

Uh... forgot to say that I get this error when starting:
    [Steamworks.NET] SteamAPI_Init() failed. Refer to Valve's documentation or the comment above this line for more information.

Edit: server is now constantly crashing

15. Wulf

Do you have the Steam client running? Pretty sure it's a requirement for The Forest server to connect to Steam.

16. Slydelix

Slydelix Scavenger

That was issue when starting the server on account that doesn't own it actually...

Deleted everything, downloaded client and latest oxide, now can start joining but end up with: server does not seem to be set up correctly...

17. Wulf

Not familiar with that message, but it's not from Oxide.

18. Netzulo

Netzulo Naked Wanderer

Try this, when u rebuild server like this, problem it's steam connection :( losed hours with this...

1. get close steam process on windows ( where server it's running )
    2. login on steam again
    3. start server
    4. connect from client

19. Wulf

One thing that I figured out that causes that is if you do not have the IP in the Server.cfg or command-line set to the server's LAN IP (if behind a router) or 0.0.0.0 (this also works from my testing instead of having to set the actual IP).

20. Netzulo

Netzulo Naked Wanderer

try this too!