1. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin Community Admin Oxide Developer

Most are already known issues.

2. Host 2

Host 2 Naked Wanderer

Wulf why does the script make mention of Entry port 27015, when the default script is 27016 (or entirely different depending on what you set in your start batch file).

Is that not a problem for people running ARK servers which also uses 27015?

3. Wulf

The port is not configurable right now. The script will have what the games uses as a default, not something we decide on.

4. Host 2

Host 2 Naked Wanderer

To be clear then, the port entry /data in the batch file is irrelevant?
    If so, can you detail what other flags are also irrelevant? I recall that the 'friends only' actually did do something but turning it on, made no one able to join your game.

5. Wulf

The ones that aren't commented out here: Oxide/TheForestExtension.cs at develop · OxideMod/Oxide · GitHub

6. Host 2

Host 2 Naked Wanderer

if (commandLine.HasVariable("maxplayers")) PlayerPrefs.SetInt("MpGamePlayerCount", int.Parse(commandLine.GetVariable("maxplayers")));
    if (commandLine.HasVariable("hostname")) PlayerPrefs.SetString("MpGameName", commandLine.GetVariable("hostname"));
    if (commandLine.HasVariable("friendsonly")) PlayerPrefs.SetInt("MpGameFriendsOnly", int.Parse(commandLine.GetVariable("friendsonly")));
    if (commandLine.HasVariable("saveslot")) PlayerPrefs.SetInt("MpGameSaveSlot", int.Parse(commandLine.GetVariable("saveslot")));
    //if (commandLine.HasVariable("saveinterval")) // TODO: Make this work
    //if (commandLine.HasVariable("gamemode")) // TODO: Make this work

So bolded do not work. Why is it then that the example batch file does not include all of these by default?
    Is this not more or less the standard script :

@echo off
    cls
    :start

TheForest -batchmode -nographics -ip 0.0.0.0 -port 27016 -maxplayers 10 -hostname "The Forest" -friendsonly 0

@echo.
    @echo Restarting server...
    @echo.
    goto start

And the variable for save slot, can that be manipulated?

7. Wulf

Because they were added when the other lines were still uncommented, and are planned to be re-added.

8. Froshizzel

Froshizzel Naked Wanderer

I can't seem to find the download. Any help?

9. Wulf

It isn't available right now.

10. Shotgun Teddy

Shotgun Teddy Wood Hoarder

Thanks Wulf, any vague timeline for it to be available again? I'd like to attempt to get this going on my server sometime this weekend just to mess around. Also, does anyone know if there are any actual and noticeable improvements running The Forest as a 'dedicated' server on a Windows Server OS vs a regular Windows desktop OS? I'd rather not use a windows server key if possible... but if there are actual real and beneficial improvements in hosting it on the server OS of windows, I'd totally do it.

11. Mamajama00

Mamajama00 Naked Wanderer

Can you post the server on a Dropbox or something so I can get it? They don't currently have it available for download on this website.

12. Wulf

There is no server, only the game client and Oxide for it, which we are not supported the Oxide builds right now until issues are resolved.

13. Fervid

Fervid Naked Wanderer

Oh boy.. I found this thread late last night. Today I started reading through all the pages in high hopes of setting up a dedicated server for me and my friends, only to find out that on the last page of the thread, it's not currently possible because there is no Oxide download anymore? Is that correct?

14. Wulf

Yes, we removed it until critical issues with it are resolved.

15. Fervid

Fervid Naked Wanderer

I found this thread from a google search, so I'm not familiar with this website/forums. Is there a place where I can find the status for the forest - oxide project? Are there any ETA's?

16. Wulf

Not really, just a lot of issues to resolve, so no real ETA on making it available again.

17. Rudedog9d

Rudedog9d Naked Wanderer

18. Tommy_vr

Tommy_vr Scavenger

Last edited: Jan 19, 2017
  19. Netzulo

Netzulo Naked Wanderer

i want to host my dedicated server , i can host 128 players, im developer! just want to do community ^.^

how i can setup my server... ?

searching on ... ^^

20. Wulf

We currently do not support the game until we can get some issues resolved with it.