1. 4thRWFARMA

4thRWFARMA Naked Wanderer

Hi, I have recently set up a server. It works fine so far only that it is in veganmode. Is there anyway to change it to meatmode?

Thank you.

2. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin Community Admin Oxide Developer

Not currently, I need to add a setting for that.

3. 4thRWFARMA

4thRWFARMA Naked Wanderer

Okie dokie np. Thank you.

4. UnityGaming Network

UnityGaming Network Naked Wanderer

Yes, a setting for meatmode would be uber.
    There should also be a setting to add a list of steam ids with administrative rights, for example to kick or ban people, like you can do in COOP.
    And, how can a server get added to the serverlist of oxide? I would like to add my Forest server there, as soon as it is stable and tested enough.

5. [MM]Brulzie

[MM]Brulzie Naked Wanderer

Just a thought here but there are several GSPs that would like to host this game but they don't have any files from the game maker (they have contacted them but there has been no reply). Would the solutions you are working on (hosting) work for them, if so, then we would have a dedicated server.

Scrap that idea. It would mean the GSPs would have to have several steam accounts .... or would they ;)

Last edited: Sep 13, 2016
  6. Wulf

The game uses Steam's lobby system and API, there's no way to have a truly dedicated server without them being tied to Steam accounts. Oxide is the only mod that allows for a semi-dedicated server that I know of as well.

7. [MM]Brulzie

[MM]Brulzie Naked Wanderer

Thanks for the info Wulf. I guess we'll just have to wait for the makers to release the files. Tis strange that there has been no word from them despite enquiries from different sources.

8. Helvetica Standard

Helvetica Standard Naked Wanderer

Hello, anyone can help me in how setup this mod in the forest? I think with this I can make a server or something like that, I just want to play with my friend. I already download the oxide files in the web but I don't know how to install it

9. distronic4

distronic4 Naked Wanderer

i can do it for you using teamveiwer or i can walk you through the process on steam heres my username distronic4

10. Wulf

Steps:
    1. Install the Steam client
    2. Login to the Steam client with an account that owns The Forest
    3. Install The Forest client
    4. Download the latest Oxide for The Forest build and extract zip
    5. Copy and overwrite ALL files from the zip to your The Forest install location
    6. Start the .exe directly to use it as a listen server, else use the .bat to make it "dedicated" with no GUI
    Keep in mind that it is still a client, and still requires you to own the game.

11. Asmodeus

Asmodeus Naked Wanderer

Soo, I check out some of the Threads here, but as far as i can see you're not able to connect to your own server?

Can someone put up a Well detailed Server installation and Setup progress and then a guide how to Change the Server name and how to Connect to it?

12. Derp Gone Pro

Derp Gone Pro Naked Wanderer

were do you extract the files to? Like the earlier post does it go in The Forest file itiself or somewhere else?

13. Wulf

Check my previous post above. I've merged a few similar questions together.

14. Asmodeus

Asmodeus Naked Wanderer

Yeah, I've gone Through this Entire Thread, When I launch the Server first or the Game first, through the Same installation folder and not the Same installation folder it always just Gives me a Black Screen Forever that says "9999 FPS" cause i have an FPS counter....that runs on just forever..and friends can't see the server nor join it.

thus i Created a New Threas asking if someone could make a THOROUGH Guide or Video Showing How it is done... ive spent 4 hours( acutally 8) over 2 days doing this over and over and over again with my Friends laptop next to me online on the Same network and Another network(we have 2 routers in my house) And nothing works...so thus i Created my Threat...Wulf...If you can take 10 minutes of your life and make a Video :3 That would be Amazing :3

15. Hurk

Hurk Naked Wanderer

I get this after starting Forest.exe...
    [Error] Failed to load extension Oxide.Core.Lua (DllNotFoundException: lua52)

then about 15 lines down I see another error:
    NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

Any ideas what I did wrong?

16. Wulf

The first you can ignore, as Lua isn't moving toward being unsupported. The second is likely one of the many known issues that we haven't found a solid fix for with Oxide for The Forest yet.

I'd need to see what you see, but most likely your server is not connected to Steam. You can check the logs to see the exact issue.

17. ♥`Lovely…JediTitleZ`

♥`Lovely…JediTitleZ` Naked Wanderer

I want to know how to set up a game mode, how hard?

18. Wulf

There isn't any way to change the game mode right now, if that's what you're asking.

19. Hurk

Hurk Naked Wanderer

OK, well keep up the great work and thank you for the fast response.

20. Noah83 [Ger]

Noah83 [Ger] Naked Wanderer

Hello, first thanks to the community. Everything is okay so far. Up on the known bug: NullReferenceException: object reference not set to instance of on object. I know you're out at work. Just that our servers with Windows Server 2016 Gets a RAM overflow after about 8-9 hours, and of course then crashes. Should I upload here the logs in the thread?