1. wkzdylan

wkzdylan Scavenger

has anyone got this running without a lua error? because my install doesnt even get the server up :(
    cheers to anyone that helps
    --- Double Post Merged, Jul 19, 2016 ---
    this is my log

2. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin Community Admin Oxide Developer

3. ArmyStich

ArmyStich Naked Wanderer

Ok So i have started the server, i added a new folder for the game and for the server. the server is running and all is well but i cannot connect it just says Starting Client... how do I connect?

4. Wulf

That's the going issue a few are facing. See Stuck at Starting Client | Oxide.

5. ArmyStich

ArmyStich Naked Wanderer

Thank you. I just bought a new copy of the game and made a new steam account and have the server running on a virtual machine on the new account, no errors starting server but now I get this that the console is spamming "set to 4"

update I ran it without the .bat file
    this is the crash report...

Last edited: Jul 20, 2016
  6. wkzdylan

wkzdylan Scavenger

this is not solving it ihave these installed this is what console displays

Starting server...
    [Steamworks.NET] SteamAPI_Init() failed. Refer to Valve's documentation or the comment above this line for more information.
    [Oxide] 21:42 [Info] Loading Oxide Core v2.0.2191...
    [Oxide] 21:42 [Info] Loading extensions...
    [Oxide] 21:42 [Info] Loaded extension CSharp v1.0.2191 by Oxide Team
    [Oxide] 21:42 [Info] Loaded extension JavaScript v1.0.2191 by Oxide Team
    [Oxide] 21:42 [Info] Loaded extension Lua v1.0.2191 by Oxide Team
    [Oxide] 21:42 [Info] Loaded extension MySql v1.0.2191 by Oxide Team
    [Oxide] 21:42 [Info] Loaded extension Python v1.0.2191 by Oxide Team
    [Oxide] 21:42 [Info] Loaded extension SQLite v1.0.2191 by Oxide Team
    [Oxide] 21:43 [Info] Loaded extension Unity v1.0.2191 by Oxide Team
    [Oxide] 21:43 [Info] Loaded extension TheForest v1.0.2191 by Oxide Team
    [Oxide] 21:43 [Info] Using Covalence provider for game 'TheForest'
    [Oxide] 21:43 [Info] Loading plugins...
    [Oxide] 21:43 [Info] Loaded plugin Unity Core v1.0.0 by Oxide Team
    [Oxide] 21:43 [Info] Loaded plugin The Forest v1.0.0 by Oxide Team

7. Wulf

SteamAPI failing means that Steam's client is not logged in on your machine.

8. blyanda

blyanda Naked Wanderer

hmmm ok I'm new at this need help setting up my server i downloaded the files from the download bar now what do i do?????

Told you i was New lol

and i have steam and the game downloaded im trying to run a server on my box and keep it running

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 22, 2016
  9. ArmyStich

ArmyStich Naked Wanderer

Once you got the oxide files make a new folder where ever you want it. copy all the game files for the forest in that folder. (in steam you can right click game go to properties and in properties there is something that says show local files or something like that). After you copy game files unzip the oxide files in there and when prompted to replace files select yes.

next there is a file called
    _start_example.bat
    this is the file to start server. you can right click it to modify it. (change server name and players ect.)

be warned the oxide server is not fully functional and will crash and you cannot connect.(well u can but it's much harder than you think). I know they have been working on fixing some errors for this but I don't think they will all get fixed unless the forest has a stand alone server files like rust or 7 days 2 die.

10. Wulf

I've not heard of any "crashing" issues, but the not being able to connect is something I am looking into.

11. graymanflo

graymanflo Naked Wanderer

When excluding -batchmode and -nographics the game crashes Stuck at Starting Client | Page 4 | Oxide

12. Wulf

13. Crushed

Crushed Shack Builder

Screenshot

Remains at this state. doesnt go any further

14. Wulf

Pretty sure that is fully started.

15. Crushed

Crushed Shack Builder

yea... 1 or 2 times it started ( showed playercount and fps) now it doesnt load until that..

16. Wulf

Check your logs for errors please, and upload it here.

17. Crushed

Crushed Shack Builder

Screenshot

Code (Text):
    [Oxide] 14:21 [Info] Using Covalence provider for game 'TheForest'
    [Oxide] 14:21 [Info] Loading plugins...
    [Oxide] 14:21 [Info] Loaded plugin Unity Core v1.0.0 by Oxide Team
    [Oxide] 14:21 [Info] Loaded plugin The Forest v1.0.0 by Oxide Team
    Server is connected to steam
    A script behaviour has a different serialization layout when loading. (Read 32 bytes but expected 186868 bytes)
    Did you #ifdef UNITY_EDITOR a section of your serialized properties in any of your scripts?
    NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    TriggerCutScene.skipOpeningAnimation ()

--- Double Post Merged, Aug 13, 2016 ---
    uhm... After that whole errors. its working now..... Probably issues with my steam. - restarted it .... I realllly dont like that point to open the seerver with my account ... the whole time switching accounts / re-new the sign in with auth code.... and then i cannot start if the server is running.... Hope that changes soon

18. Wulf

Ah yeah, you need to be signed into Steam still. It's a client that uses the lobby system, so it needs Steam to make the lobby. There is no way that we know of yet for clients to see servers that aren't lobbies, but we're still looking into it.

19. Crushed

Crushed Shack Builder

....... im already about to throw my pc outta my shitty window. Steam doesnt want me to login on 2 pcs. i have to Reeefreeeesh every 10 seconds with a new fuckin auth code, MY ACCOUNT JUST COOOULD BE HACKED , yea..... fuck steam forces ppl to use this SHIT ..... well. yea so i cannot run server while im in the game on my home pc , is there aaaaany client thing. like steam cmd, that is used for steamworks api. or the lobby thingy?..... so that i donjt have to be logged in the whole client ....

20. Wulf

I'm not sure, but our hope is either for an official dedicated server (tons of less for us to workaround) or to find some way to create servers that clients can see without the lobby system.

Crushed likes this.