1. EDIT:
    Server IS WORKING but after I delete ALL FILES of the old installation and reinstall and set server from the very begining.

2. Download the script. What do I do with this error?
    Code:
    Resolving gameservermanagers.com (gameservermanagers.com)... 104.31.92.238, 104.31.93.238
    Connecting to gameservermanagers.com (gameservermanagers.com)|104.31.92.238|:443... connected.
    GnuTLS: A TLS fatal alert has been received.
    Unable to establish SSL connection.
    rustserver@easygames:~#

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 21, 2016
  3. Is there a way to use the zip-updater on startup? I already use this crontab to restart and update my server
    23 2 * * * su - rust -c '/home/rust/zip-updater/zip-updater' > /dev/null 2>&1

# Running functions
    echo ""
    echo "Thanks for using this script made by UltimateByte"
    fn_error_check
    echo ""
    echo "Start downloading or updating zips ?"
    fn_prompt_continue
    /home/rust/rustserver stop
    /home/rust/rustserver update
    fn_create_dirs
    fn_dl_zip
    fn_extract_zip
    fn_lowercase
    fn_copy
    fn_rm_extractdir
    fn_backup
    fn_rm_zipsdir
    fn_complete
    /home/rust/rustserver start

I also have a crontab to check for updates every 5 mins */5 * * * * su - rust -c '/home/rust/rustserver update' > /dev/null 2>&1
    My problem is if the server actually needs updating is there a way to run the zip-updater on startup?

Any suggestions/help would be great!

Thanks,
    Spencer.

4. I've wanted something like that for a while for my ubuntu server but their is one for windows called rustide that installs oxide over every update automatically, would want it to install over the top of an update the same way as that, sorry not to much help 3am here, slightly tipsy and tired may look tomorrow.

5. Yeah, i run ubuntu so rustide wont help me at all. I just need something to execute the zip-updater after a update but also not go in a boot loop

6. Yeah i had a look this morning, best way would be to try add the zipupdater script as a source inside the rustserver script just after it preforms an server update, still havent managed to get that to work yet.

7. It would be good if i could execute the zip-updater automatically if their is a update available. I don't want this to run if there is no update because it will just restart the server for no reason
    [DOUBLEPOST=1482773337][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Yea its a pain dude :p

8. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

There is a plugin that handles this: Smooth Restarter.

9. Oh.. wow, Might have to try that. I searched for update/plugins a few weeks ago never came across that.

Cheers

10. Thanks dude, one question tho. Will this work with the lgsm script? Because the server wont boot back up without starting there script up.

11. Just going to test it.

12. Also, I have had a look at the file. Unless i am stupid it only checks for updates and restarts (Also does scheduled restarts) to the server witch is good. My problem here is that this does not execute or either update the server nor oxide even if we did something with the updater it will just go in a boot loop with zip updater.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1482774330][/DOUBLEPOST]What would be great is if that plugin on shut down could execute the zip-updater then the zip-updater should take care of everything like so:

# Running functions
    echo ""
    echo "Thanks for using this script made by UltimateByte"
    fn_error_check
    echo ""
    echo "Start downloading or updating zips ?"
    fn_prompt_continue
    /home/rust/rustserver stop
    /home/rust/rustserver update
    fn_create_dirs
    fn_dl_zip
    fn_extract_zip
    fn_lowercase
    fn_copy
    fn_rm_extractdir
    fn_backup
    fn_rm_zipsdir
    fn_complete
    /home/rust/rustserver start
    [DOUBLEPOST=1482774518][/DOUBLEPOST]The only way i have found away with this is on the restart crontab i execute the zip-updater instead on the restart. What will be awesome is that the zip-updater is instant if there is an available update.

13. Yeh, only issue i have is i just did the server update and oxide wasn't loaded. It can't load smoothrestarter without manually running ./zipupdater to install oxide. I'll still try find a way to add zipupdater.sh to the rustserver script, i think it should be possible somehow to start the server and have it auto install oxide straight after a update. With the option to input n|Y to manually update oxide.

14. It's 100% possible but the problem you might face is a boot loop.

15. Hmm, i'll have a look into it when i got some time.

Was browsing just now and found this ->OxideComposer<- this has the ability to do a full update Rust, Oxide & Plugins. I'm happy with my current startups but having oxide install from the rustserver script has been my plan for a while now.

16. I've managed to edit my update command function script, when i check for an update via ./rustserver update it will check steamcmd for a game update and then ask "Do you want to update oxide (yes/no) ?" if i rename zipupdater folder to zipupdaterauto it will install oxide without asking yes/no. If there is No zipupdater folder it won't do anything.

All i've managed to get working so far, i wanted it to show & check the oxide version before it asks/updates oxide, because at the moment it will always install oxide, so if you have a cronjob it will install oxide everytime it checks for a rust update which might cause issues.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 27, 2016
  17. Thanks great news! Funny thing is i woke up to my server being in a boot loop for 4 hrs due to the zip-updater. Is there any way i could get your edited function file?

Thanks,
    Spencer

18. Sorry totally forgot to attach it. I may eventually edit it on my github to try get it to show current oxide version before it tries to update, but for now this works, if you have any issues make sure the zip-updater folder is in the same directory as the rustserver script also change promptmode off inside the zip-updater script.

Rename .txt to .sh

that file goes inside the /lgsm/functions/ folder.

Attached Files:

19. Thankyou dude! Out of topic here but could it be possible if i can add you on steam?

20. @Mr_Jeff I'm going to try this out now. I'm guessing you set a crontab up for this?