1. I didn't see that in the release notes, thanks for the heads up!

2. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

It hasn't really been released yet, but it is in the commit history. Hosts got a notice as well.

3. hm rust.io doesnt work and crashes my game probaly i'm doing something wrong?

4. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

If you are having an issue with Rust:IO, please use its support thread.

5. i try to reproduce the error bcs i remove rust.io server still doesn't wanna start

6. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

7. I ended up having to wipe my install for this update, you may have to do the same. also add this to your startup script if you have one:

Code:
    export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/home/path/to/server:/home/path/to/server/RustDedicated:{$LD_LIBRARY_PATH};

8. After last update to version 1441827 my server don't start anymore. After I start it in RCON I get those messages:
    I've totally reinstalled server even without Oxide and it doesn't work.
    Also the link to Oxide shows me that file/page can't be found error 404.

9. use it: https://github.com/OxideMod/Snapshots/raw/master/Oxide-Rust.zip

10. Hi.
    My problem:
    Updated the server, it is no longer started.
    What's the problem?
    Where to see logs? To give you more information?

11. this version does extract but server shut downs still

Any ideas why?

12. You use: rustserver: Rust | ?

You have correct CHOWN on server files?

13. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

"Couldn't initialize Steam Server" > that means you're still facing issues from the Rust update, nothing to do with Oxide. Try the latest Rust update and make sure to read some of the information here: Linux server will not start or connect to Steam | Oxide.

14. In my situations if all server files not to own one linux users, rust update have been failed.

15. The new update don'tfix anything.
    And yes I set everything EXACTLY as Oxide for Linux instructions.

16. You may want to update the Zip-updater part, Luckily wasn't too hard to fix but oxide is now one .zip with windows NOT its own Linux .zip branch

Also adding that below to the rustserver.sh script allowed my server to actually start.

Code:
     export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/home/path/to/server:/home/path/to/server/RustDedicated:{$LD_LIBRARY_PATH};
    Tested and all works. 9:10pm

17. Can you write EXACTLY where and how to add it?
    Because it doesn't help in my case.

18. Sorry Ziggy, if you need to add the EXPORT code just edit it too match your folder structure and paste it at the top of the ./rustserver.sh file above the debugging. e,g:

Check Example Below:

As for the Zip-updater, 'they being oxide' have moved the Oxide_Rust-Linux.zip to Oxide_Rust.zip click <-- there for download.

Same procedure, add the URL to ziplinks variable in zip-updater script, then run ./zip-updater.
    Code:
    export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/home/path/to/server:/home/path/to/server/RustDedicated:{$LD_LIBRARY_PATH};# Debugging
    if [ -f ".dev-debug" ]; then
        exec 5>dev-debug.log
        BASH_XTRACEFD="5"
        set -x
    fiversion="161030"

19. Responsible for what?

# Debugging
    if [ -f ".dev-debug" ]; then
    exec 5>dev-debug.log
    BASH_XTRACEFD="5"
    set -x
    fi

version="161030"

20. Saddly this didn't help and server is still shutting down.