1. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

2. Hello. I tried to install the server on Linux 16.04. After complete installation, provides first console "cworktreadpool::~CWorkThreadPool: processing queue not empty: 2 items didcarded. After setup is complete "[ FAIL ] Starting rustserver: Unable to start Rust". The server automatically put the link - rustserver: Rust | But in the manual too tried - the same result. Before that I successfully about two weeks working server on Linux 16.04 on another machine, but since last update I have stopped working and the old server, giving the same error. Please help!

3. Found the other threads, I saw that many problems after upgrade... we Will wait for the decision.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1508530869][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Ok, thank you. I'll try now
    It help! TY!

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 20, 2017
  4. Hello when I try installing Oxide I get this output and nothing else happens? Why is this failing?
    Code:
    Enter an addon/mod to install (or exit to abort): rustoxideInstalling Oxide for Rust
    =================================
    clearing mod download directory /home/rust/lgsm/mods/tmp...OK
    creating mod download directory /home/rust/lgsm/mods/tmp...OK
    ######################################################################## 100.0%
    downloading Oxide-Rust.zip...OK
    extracting Oxide-Rust.zip...warning:  /home/rust/lgsm/mods/tmp/Oxide-Rust.zip appears to use backslashes as path separators
    FAIL
    Archive:  /home/rust/lgsm/mods/tmp/Oxide-Rust.zip
      inflating: /home/rust/lgsm/mods/tmp/extract/RustDedicated_Data/Managed/Assembly-CSharp.dll
      inflating: /home/rust/lgsm/mods/tmp/extract/RustDedicated_Data/Managed/Facepunch.Console.dll
      inflating: /home/rust/lgsm/mods/tmp/extract/RustDedicated_Data/Managed/Facepunch.Rcon.dll
      inflating: /home/rust/lgsm/mods/tmp/extract/RustDedicated_Data/Managed/I18N.dll
      inflating: /home/rust/lgsm/mods/tmp/extract/RustDedicated_Data/Managed/I18N.West.dll
      inflating: /home/rust/lgsm/mods/tmp/extract/RustDedicated_Data/Managed/Mono.Data.Tds.dll
      inflating: /home/rust/lgsm/mods/tmp/extract/RustDedicated_Data/Managed/Mono.Security.dll
      inflating: /home/rust/lgsm/mods/tmp/extract/RustDedicated_Data/Managed/MySql.Data.dll
      inflating: /home/rust/lgsm/mods/tmp/extract/RustDedicated_Data/Managed/Oxide.Core.dll
      inflating: /home/rust/lgsm/mods/tmp/extract/RustDedicated_Data/Managed/Oxide.CSharp.dll
      inflating: /home/rust/lgsm/mods/tmp/extract/RustDedicated_Data/Managed/Oxide.MySql.dll
      inflating: /home/rust/lgsm/mods/tmp/extract/RustDedicated_Data/Managed/Oxide.References.dll
      inflating: /home/rust/lgsm/mods/tmp/extract/RustDedicated_Data/Managed/Oxide.Rust.dll
      inflating: /home/rust/lgsm/mods/tmp/extract/RustDedicated_Data/Managed/Oxide.SQLite.dll
      inflating: /home/rust/lgsm/mods/tmp/extract/RustDedicated_Data/Managed/Oxide.Unity.dll
      inflating: /home/rust/lgsm/mods/tmp/extract/RustDedicated_Data/Managed/System.Configuration.Install.dll
      inflating: /home/rust/lgsm/mods/tmp/extract/RustDedicated_Data/Managed/System.Data.dll
      inflating: /home/rust/lgsm/mods/tmp/extract/RustDedicated_Data/Managed/System.Data.SQLite.dll
      inflating: /home/rust/lgsm/mods/tmp/extract/RustDedicated_Data/Managed/System.Drawing.dll
      inflating: /home/rust/lgsm/mods/tmp/extract/RustDedicated_Data/Managed/System.Runtime.Serialization.dll
      inflating: /home/rust/lgsm/mods/tmp/extract/RustDedicated_Data/Managed/System.Transactions.dll
      inflating: /home/rust/lgsm/mods/tmp/extract/RustDedicated_Data/Managed/System.Xml.dll
      inflating: /home/rust/lgsm/mods/tmp/extract/RustDedicated_Data/Managed/System.Xml.Linq.dll
      inflating: /home/rust/lgsm/mods/tmp/extract/RustDedicated_Data/Managed/x64/libmonoboehm-2.0.so.1
      inflating: /home/rust/lgsm/mods/tmp/extract/RustDedicated_Data/Managed/x64/libMonoPosixHelper.so
      inflating: /home/rust/lgsm/mods/tmp/extract/RustDedicated_Data/Managed/x64/libsqlite3.so
      inflating: /home/rust/lgsm/mods/tmp/extract/RustDedicated_Data/Managed/x64/sqlite3.dll
      inflating: /home/rust/lgsm/mods/tmp/extract/RustDedicated_Data/Managed/x86/libmonoboehm-2.0.so.1
      inflating: /home/rust/lgsm/mods/tmp/extract/RustDedicated_Data/Managed/x86/libMonoPosixHelper.so
      inflating: /home/rust/lgsm/mods/tmp/extract/RustDedicated_Data/Managed/x86/libsqlite3.so
      inflating: /home/rust/lgsm/mods/tmp/extract/RustDedicated_Data/Managed/x86/mono-2.0.dll
      inflating: /home/rust/lgsm/mods/tmp/extract/RustDedicated_Data/Managed/x86/msvcp120.dll
      inflating: /home/rust/lgsm/mods/tmp/extract/RustDedicated_Data/Managed/x86/msvcp140.dll
      inflating: /home/rust/lgsm/mods/tmp/extract/RustDedicated_Data/Managed/x86/msvcr120.dll
      inflating: /home/rust/lgsm/mods/tmp/extract/RustDedicated_Data/Managed/x86/sqlite3.dll
      inflating: /home/rust/lgsm/mods/tmp/extract/_start-example.bat
      inflating: /home/rust/lgsm/mods/tmp/extract/_start-example.sh

5. Same problem here, i think something in the download file is not good. Maybe they put the "windows" version instead of the "linux" version. Didnt had anyproblems before the update. Would like to hear the fix.

6. Those were my thoughts as well. Hopefully they can get it switched out soon!

7. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

There isn't any "windows" or "linux" version, the use the same files.

8. Okey, but is there a solution so i can install Oxide again? thanks in advance!

9. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Nothing has changed with how Oxide gets installed.

10. Do you maybe know why i get this error? didnt do that before the update.
    "extracting Oxide-Rust.zip...warning: /home/rust/lgsm/mods/tmp/Oxide-Rust.zip appears to use backslashes as path separators
    FAIL"

11. Just did the server update Rust released, oxide mod update and got these errors. https://i.imgur.com/LXIAhoL.png

There's an issue with the zip folder. Had to move individual files over.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 23, 2017
  12. Hi wulf was wondering if you can help with this my linux servers after updating server and oxide i am getting this error inflating: /home /rustydragon/lgsm/mods/tmp/extract/rustdedcated_data/managed/assembly-csharp.dll before then i get this message extractig oxide-rust.zip... /home/rustydragon/lgsm/mods/temp/oxide-rust.zip appears to use backslashes as path seperators. then goes on gives a bunch of other errors.

13. Code:
    [ INFO ] Mods Update rust-server: Update addons/mods: 1 addons/mods will be updated
            * Oxide for Rust (overwrite)==> Updating Oxide for Rust
    clearing mod download directory /home/frenchserver/lgsm/mods/tmp...OK
    creating mod download directory /home/frenchserver/lgsm/mods/tmp...OK
    ######################################################################## 100,0%
    downloading Oxide-Rust.zip...OK
    extracting Oxide-Rust.zip...warning:  /home/frenchserver/lgsm/mods/tmp/Oxide-Rust.zip appears to use backslashes as path separators
    FAIL
    Archive:  /home/frenchserver/lgsm/mods/tmp/Oxide-Rust.zip
      inflating: /home/frenchserver/lgsm/mods/tmp/extract/RustDedicated_Data/Managed/Assembly-CSharp.dll
      inflating: /home/frenchserver/lgsm/mods/tmp/extract/RustDedicated_Data/Managed/Facepunch.Console.dll
      inflating: /home/frenchserver/lgsm/mods/tmp/extract/RustDedicated_Data/Managed/Facepunch.Rcon.dll
      inflating: /home/frenchserver/lgsm/mods/tmp/extract/RustDedicated_Data/Managed/I18N.dll
      inflating: /home/frenchserver/lgsm/mods/tmp/extract/RustDedicated_Data/Managed/I18N.West.dll
      inflating: /home/frenchserver/lgsm/mods/tmp/extract/RustDedicated_Data/Managed/Mono.Data.Tds.dll
      inflating: /home/frenchserver/lgsm/mods/tmp/extract/RustDedicated_Data/Managed/Mono.Security.dll
      inflating: /home/frenchserver/lgsm/mods/tmp/extract/RustDedicated_Data/Managed/MySql.Data.dll
      inflating: /home/frenchserver/lgsm/mods/tmp/extract/RustDedicated_Data/Managed/Oxide.Core.dll
      inflating: /home/frenchserver/lgsm/mods/tmp/extract/RustDedicated_Data/Managed/Oxide.CSharp.dll
      inflating: /home/frenchserver/lgsm/mods/tmp/extract/RustDedicated_Data/Managed/Oxide.MySql.dll
      inflating: /home/frenchserver/lgsm/mods/tmp/extract/RustDedicated_Data/Managed/Oxide.References.dll
      inflating: /home/frenchserver/lgsm/mods/tmp/extract/RustDedicated_Data/Managed/Oxide.Rust.dll
      inflating: /home/frenchserver/lgsm/mods/tmp/extract/RustDedicated_Data/Managed/Oxide.SQLite.dll
      inflating: /home/frenchserver/lgsm/mods/tmp/extract/RustDedicated_Data/Managed/Oxide.Unity.dll
      inflating: /home/frenchserver/lgsm/mods/tmp/extract/RustDedicated_Data/Managed/System.Configuration.Install.dll
      inflating: /home/frenchserver/lgsm/mods/tmp/extract/RustDedicated_Data/Managed/System.Data.dll
      inflating: /home/frenchserver/lgsm/mods/tmp/extract/RustDedicated_Data/Managed/System.Data.SQLite.dll
      inflating: /home/frenchserver/lgsm/mods/tmp/extract/RustDedicated_Data/Managed/System.Drawing.dll
      inflating: /home/frenchserver/lgsm/mods/tmp/extract/RustDedicated_Data/Managed/System.Runtime.Serialization.dll
      inflating: /home/frenchserver/lgsm/mods/tmp/extract/RustDedicated_Data/Managed/System.Transactions.dll
      inflating: /home/frenchserver/lgsm/mods/tmp/extract/RustDedicated_Data/Managed/System.Xml.dll
      inflating: /home/frenchserver/lgsm/mods/tmp/extract/RustDedicated_Data/Managed/System.Xml.Linq.dll
      inflating: /home/frenchserver/lgsm/mods/tmp/extract/RustDedicated_Data/Managed/x64/libmonoboehm-2.0.so.1
      inflating: /home/frenchserver/lgsm/mods/tmp/extract/RustDedicated_Data/Managed/x64/libMonoPosixHelper.so
      inflating: /home/frenchserver/lgsm/mods/tmp/extract/RustDedicated_Data/Managed/x64/libsqlite3.so
      inflating: /home/frenchserver/lgsm/mods/tmp/extract/RustDedicated_Data/Managed/x64/sqlite3.dll
      inflating: /home/frenchserver/lgsm/mods/tmp/extract/RustDedicated_Data/Managed/x86/libmonoboehm-2.0.so.1
      inflating: /home/frenchserver/lgsm/mods/tmp/extract/RustDedicated_Data/Managed/x86/libMonoPosixHelper.so
      inflating: /home/frenchserver/lgsm/mods/tmp/extract/RustDedicated_Data/Managed/x86/libsqlite3.so
      inflating: /home/frenchserver/lgsm/mods/tmp/extract/RustDedicated_Data/Managed/x86/mono-2.0.dll
      inflating: /home/frenchserver/lgsm/mods/tmp/extract/RustDedicated_Data/Managed/x86/msvcp120.dll
      inflating: /home/frenchserver/lgsm/mods/tmp/extract/RustDedicated_Data/Managed/x86/msvcp140.dll
      inflating: /home/frenchserver/lgsm/mods/tmp/extract/RustDedicated_Data/Managed/x86/msvcr120.dll
      inflating: /home/frenchserver/lgsm/mods/tmp/extract/RustDedicated_Data/Managed/x86/sqlite3.dll
      inflating: /home/frenchserver/lgsm/mods/tmp/extract/_start-example.bat
      inflating: /home/frenchserver/lgsm/mods/tmp/extract/_start-example.sh

someone would have an idea of the problem

14. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Apparently Linux suffers the same issue as macOS for the compression method I swapped to. Working on a fix right now.

15. Thank you Wulf, was just wondering if you could notify us when fix is released thanks again for all that you do.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 23, 2017
  16. I have the same problem that Blackeyes there is new? Thank you

17. Thank you wulf, let us know when you have solved the issue and pushed the update.

18. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Latest snapshot and release has it fixed.

19. Thank you Wulf ^^