1. So im trying to make my own server . I had it working ealier , But the server was only showing up for my Friend , And no one else , i have to use the local host way to connect to my server , If anyone can help id be sooooo Happy!
    Few things i colord out

Password ( you cant have it sorry :p )
    Server.IP - I have my IP Address in there , its my External IP Btw
    Server name ( cause i dont want anyone to steal it as i like it ) xD Rcon port.png Server Error.png Server.png StartBat.png

2. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

If your server is behind a router, use 0.0.0.0 or the LAN IP for the +server.ip setting, not your external router IP.

3. Okay il do that and il see if the server runs , But what about my ports? Are they fine the way i have done them? As my TalkTalk is different than everyone elses ive watched :(

4. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

The ports should be fine.

5. Also some reason alot of the plugins i have do not work , And when i was in game eailer today , and i gave myself admin , I couldnt use commands like ( Change Gather rate )

Attached Files:

6. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Most plugins use Oxide permissions, not "admin" in Rust.

7. Im still getting the same error

Attached Files:

8. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Did you check Task Manager for duplicated RustDedicated processes?

9. Yes , there is none

10. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

What do you have +server.ip set to now?

11. 0.0.0.0

12. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Have you tried changing to another port in case you have something using 28015 already?

13. What other ports can i use ? ( Sorry im new to all this :( )

14. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Anything you want really.

15. Okay so Say the ones where as followed
    Server - 28015 - UDP
    Rcon - 28016 - TCP

What one do i change? And could i change it to 27015/27016 ?

16. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Sure, if you'd like.

17. Do i change the port in the Bat file aswell ?

18. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

You change it everywhere that it is used; so the .bat, the router, etc.

19. Okay i done that , And i made sure no other RustDedicated server was running . AND IT WORKED!!
    Now il see if my server shows up . Cause past 3 days only the Moderator ( Rybenna ) Could see it on the Modded server , I myself had to join throught the console Locolhost . and others had to join through the IP :/

But now Myself and my friends cant see the server in the modded list ( Even the 3 people who where able to see it ealier cant see it ) :'(

No one can find it , But i can find it in my local connection part :/Server.IP
    Rcon.IP Are both set to 0.0.0.0 . Do i need to change any of these to make my server show up?? :/ Im such a noob :'(

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 22, 2017
  20. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Your server showing up depends on Steam being able to see and query the server which may take a little time. It also depends on your client getting that updated list from Steam once it has found your server, which may require a client restart.