Not an Issue Server won't start after updating

Discussion in 'Rust Discussion' started by Vercyx, Dec 11, 2017.

1. Hi, so I'm currently using a server hosting platform to host a server for me and my friends to mess around on. I got the latest update of Oxide automatically and now my server won't start. The oxide log file is literally only this.

"
    21:34 [Info] Loading Oxide Core v2.0.3771...
    21:34 [Info] Loading extensions...
    21:34 [Error] Failed to load extension Oxide.Core.JavaScript (MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'Oxide.Core.VersionNumber..ctor'.)
    at Oxide.Core.Extensions.ExtensionManager.LoadExtension (System.String filename) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

"

I uninstalled every plugin and updated to the latest version. Can someone help with this? I googled around and couldn't find my solution. Thanks in advance for help!

2. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

That error is only related to the JavaScript extension and it will not keep your server from starting. Whenever your server doesn't start, you should check your output_log.txt for errors (or the file as set by -logfile in your startup). The build was tested before release though, so you may want to check that your server is fully updated with Rust as well as the update was for that.

3. Sorry, I'm an extreme noob. Where would I find that file?

4. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Unless you have -logfile set, then it'd be under C:\Users\YourUsername\AppData\LocalLow\Facepunch Studios LTD\Rust where the server is installed. If you are using a paid hosting provider, they likely have it available somewhere, but you'd need to check with them.

5. Alright, I completely reinstalled the server and it worked fine, me and my friends could connect. I then replaced the old world file with the new one and now we can't connect again, and the server won't start. Could it be because I had StackSizeController installed when oxide updated, so anything with an above normal stack size is broken?

6. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

I'm not familiar with that plugin, but I doubt that would prevent it from starting.

7. Should I maybe have let the server generate the world from the seed before importing both the map and save files back in? If so it's an easy fix and I'm just dumb. For future refrence, the plugin just increases the stack size of items, so if stone can only stack to 1000, it can now stack to 2000. Anyway, thanks in advance and before for help.

8. Also with the same issue, cannot boot:
    Code:
    Command Line: "stuff in here"
    Platform assembly: D:\RustDedicated_Data\Managed\Oxide.References.dll (this message is harmless)
    Platform assembly: D:\RustDedicated_Data\Managed\System.Runtime.Serialization.dll (this message is harmless)
    Platform assembly: D:\RustDedicated_Data\Managed\System.Xml.Linq.dll (this message is harmless)
    Platform assembly: D:\RustDedicated_Data\Managed\System.Xml.dll (this message is harmless)
    Platform assembly: D:\RustDedicated_Data\Managed\System.Data.dll (this message is harmless)
    Platform assembly: D:\RustDedicated_Data\Managed\System.Configuration.dll (this message is harmless)
    Platform assembly: D:\RustDedicated_Data\Managed\Oxide.Core.JavaScript.dll (this message is harmless)
    Platform assembly: D:\RustDedicated_Data\Managed\Jint.dll (this message is harmless)
    MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'Oxide.Core.VersionNumber..ctor'.
      at Oxide.Core.RemoteLogger+Report..ctor (System.String level, System.String culprit, System.String message, System.String exception) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at Oxide.Core.RemoteLogger.EnqueueReport (System.String level, System.Reflection.Assembly assembly, System.String culprit, System.String message, System.String exception) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at Oxide.Core.RemoteLogger.Exception (System.String message, System.Exception exception) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at Oxide.Core.Extensions.ExtensionManager.LoadExtension (System.String filename) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at Oxide.Core.Extensions.ExtensionManager.LoadAllExtensions (System.String directory) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at Oxide.Core.OxideMod.Load () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at Oxide.Core.Interface.Initialize () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at Bootstrap.Init_Tier0 () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at Bootstrap+<Start>c__Iterator0.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at UnityEngine.SetupCoroutine.InvokeMoveNext (IEnumerator enumerator, IntPtr returnValueAddress) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0(Filename:  Line: -1)

It seems like this is happening quite early on, looking at logs now.

9. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

You have an outdated extension, likely Oxide.Core.Javascript.dll, but shouldn't stop the server from starting still. Either way, update it or remove it if you aren't using .js plugins. :p

10. Ahhh my bad, will do :p Thanks @Wulf!

11. Hey @Wulf sorry for the ping, I removed that .dll and I'm still having the same problem booting. Is there anything else that needs to be removed?

12. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Like I said, that wouldn't have preventing the server from starting, so your issue likely lies elsewhere. Did you update Rust before updating Oxide?

13. Yep fully updated and I've since reinstalled Oxide and still no go. It happened overnight with an automatic restart & update which is why it's come out of nowhere strangely. I'll see if I can track down what's causing it but nothing is really coming up in the logs :/

14. All my servers after the restart did not start.
    output_log.txt
    Code:
    Initialize engine version: 5.6.0f3 (497a0f351392)
    GfxDevice: creating device client; threaded=1
    Direct3D:
        Version:  Direct3D 11.0 [level 11.0]
        Renderer: AMD Radeon HD 6550D (ID=0x9640)
        Vendor:   ATI
        VRAM:     2095 MB
        Driver:   15.201.2001.0
    Begin MonoManager ReloadAssembly
    Platform assembly: C:\Server1\RustDedicated_Data\Managed\UnityEngine.dll (this message is harmless)
    Loading C:\Server1\RustDedicated_Data\Managed\UnityEngine.dll into Unity Child Domain
    Platform assembly: C:\Server1\RustDedicated_Data\Managed\I18N.dll (this message is harmless)
    Platform assembly: C:\Server1\RustDedicated_Data\Managed\I18N.Other.dll (this message is harmless)
    Platform assembly: C:\Server1\RustDedicated_Data\Managed\Assembly-CSharp-firstpass.dll (this message is harmless)
    Loading C:\Server1\RustDedicated_Data\Managed\Assembly-CSharp-firstpass.dll into Unity Child Domain
    Platform assembly: C:\Server1\RustDedicated_Data\Managed\Assembly-CSharp.dll (this message is harmless)
    Loading C:\Server1\RustDedicated_Data\Managed\Assembly-CSharp.dll into Unity Child Domain
    Platform assembly: C:\Server1\RustDedicated_Data\Managed\Assembly-UnityScript-firstpass.dll (this message is harmless)
    Loading C:\Server1\RustDedicated_Data\Managed\Assembly-UnityScript-firstpass.dll into Unity Child Domain
    Platform assembly: C:\Server1\RustDedicated_Data\Managed\UnityEngine.UI.dll (this message is harmless)
    Loading C:\Server1\RustDedicated_Data\Managed\UnityEngine.UI.dll into Unity Child Domain
    Platform assembly: C:\Server1\RustDedicated_Data\Managed\UnityEngine.Networking.dll (this message is harmless)
    Loading C:\Server1\RustDedicated_Data\Managed\UnityEngine.Networking.dll into Unity Child Domain
    Platform assembly: C:\Server1\RustDedicated_Data\Managed\UnityEngine.Analytics.dll (this message is harmless)
    Loading C:\Server1\RustDedicated_Data\Managed\UnityEngine.Analytics.dll into Unity Child Domain
    Platform assembly: C:\Server1\RustDedicated_Data\Managed\ConvexHull.dll (this message is harmless)
    Loading C:\Server1\RustDedicated_Data\Managed\ConvexHull.dll into Unity Child Domain
    Platform assembly: C:\Server1\RustDedicated_Data\Managed\I18N.CJK.dll (this message is harmless)
    Loading C:\Server1\RustDedicated_Data\Managed\I18N.CJK.dll into Unity Child Domain
    Platform assembly: C:\Server1\RustDedicated_Data\Managed\I18N.dll (this message is harmless)
    Loading C:\Server1\RustDedicated_Data\Managed\I18N.dll into Unity Child Domain
    Platform assembly: C:\Server1\RustDedicated_Data\Managed\I18N.MidEast.dll (this message is harmless)
    Loading C:\Server1\RustDedicated_Data\Managed\I18N.MidEast.dll into Unity Child Domain
    Platform assembly: C:\Server1\RustDedicated_Data\Managed\I18N.Other.dll (this message is harmless)
    Loading C:\Server1\RustDedicated_Data\Managed\I18N.Other.dll into Unity Child Domain
    Platform assembly: C:\Server1\RustDedicated_Data\Managed\I18N.Rare.dll (this message is harmless)
    Loading C:\Server1\RustDedicated_Data\Managed\I18N.Rare.dll into Unity Child Domain
    Platform assembly: C:\Server1\RustDedicated_Data\Managed\I18N.West.dll (this message is harmless)
    Loading C:\Server1\RustDedicated_Data\Managed\I18N.West.dll into Unity Child Domain
    Platform assembly: C:\Server1\RustDedicated_Data\Managed\Ionic.Zip.Reduced.dll (this message is harmless)
    Loading C:\Server1\RustDedicated_Data\Managed\Ionic.Zip.Reduced.dll into Unity Child Domain
    Platform assembly: C:\Server1\RustDedicated_Data\Managed\LZ4.dll (this message is harmless)
    Loading C:\Server1\RustDedicated_Data\Managed\LZ4.dll into Unity Child Domain
    Platform assembly: C:\Server1\RustDedicated_Data\Managed\EasyAntiCheat.Client.dll (this message is harmless)
    Loading C:\Server1\RustDedicated_Data\Managed\EasyAntiCheat.Client.dll into Unity Child Domain
    Platform assembly: C:\Server1\RustDedicated_Data\Managed\EasyAntiCheat.Server.dll (this message is harmless)
    Loading C:\Server1\RustDedicated_Data\Managed\EasyAntiCheat.Server.dll into Unity Child Domain
    Platform assembly: C:\Server1\RustDedicated_Data\Managed\Facepunch.Console.dll (this message is harmless)
    Loading C:\Server1\RustDedicated_Data\Managed\Facepunch.Console.dll into Unity Child Domain
    Platform assembly: C:\Server1\RustDedicated_Data\Managed\Facepunch.Input.dll (this message is harmless)
    Loading C:\Server1\RustDedicated_Data\Managed\Facepunch.Input.dll into Unity Child Domain
    Platform assembly: C:\Server1\RustDedicated_Data\Managed\Facepunch.Network.dll (this message is harmless)
    Loading C:\Server1\RustDedicated_Data\Managed\Facepunch.Network.dll into Unity Child Domain
    Platform assembly: C:\Server1\RustDedicated_Data\Managed\Facepunch.Raknet.dll (this message is harmless)
    Loading C:\Server1\RustDedicated_Data\Managed\Facepunch.Raknet.dll into Unity Child Domain
    Platform assembly: C:\Server1\RustDedicated_Data\Managed\Facepunch.Rcon.dll (this message is harmless)
    Loading C:\Server1\RustDedicated_Data\Managed\Facepunch.Rcon.dll into Unity Child Domain
    Platform assembly: C:\Server1\RustDedicated_Data\Managed\Facepunch.System.dll (this message is harmless)
    Loading C:\Server1\RustDedicated_Data\Managed\Facepunch.System.dll into Unity Child Domain
    Platform assembly: C:\Server1\RustDedicated_Data\Managed\Facepunch.UnityEngine.dll (this message is harmless)
    Loading C:\Server1\RustDedicated_Data\Managed\Facepunch.UnityEngine.dll into Unity Child Domain
    Platform assembly: C:\Server1\RustDedicated_Data\Managed\Rust.Data.dll (this message is harmless)
    Loading C:\Server1\RustDedicated_Data\Managed\Rust.Data.dll into Unity Child Domain
    Platform assembly: C:\Server1\RustDedicated_Data\Managed\Rust.Global.dll (this message is harmless)
    Loading C:\Server1\RustDedicated_Data\Managed\Rust.Global.dll into Unity Child Domain
    Platform assembly: C:\Server1\RustDedicated_Data\Managed\Rust.UI.dll (this message is harmless)
    Loading C:\Server1\RustDedicated_Data\Managed\Rust.UI.dll into Unity Child Domain
    Platform assembly: C:\Server1\RustDedicated_Data\Managed\Rust.Workshop.dll (this message is harmless)
    Loading C:\Server1\RustDedicated_Data\Managed\Rust.Workshop.dll into Unity Child Domain
    Platform assembly: C:\Server1\RustDedicated_Data\Managed\websocket-sharp.dll (this message is harmless)
    Loading C:\Server1\RustDedicated_Data\Managed\websocket-sharp.dll into Unity Child Domain
    Platform assembly: C:\Server1\RustDedicated_Data\Managed\Facepunch.Steamworks.dll (this message is harmless)
    Loading C:\Server1\RustDedicated_Data\Managed\Facepunch.Steamworks.dll into Unity Child Domain
    Platform assembly: C:\Server1\RustDedicated_Data\Managed\Newtonsoft.Json.dll (this message is harmless)
    Loading C:\Server1\RustDedicated_Data\Managed\Newtonsoft.Json.dll into Unity Child Domain
    Platform assembly: C:\Server1\RustDedicated_Data\Managed\ApexAI.dll (this message is harmless)
    Loading C:\Server1\RustDedicated_Data\Managed\ApexAI.dll into Unity Child Domain
    Platform assembly: C:\Server1\RustDedicated_Data\Managed\ApexSerialization.dll (this message is harmless)
    Loading C:\Server1\RustDedicated_Data\Managed\ApexSerialization.dll into Unity Child Domain
    Platform assembly: C:\Server1\RustDedicated_Data\Managed\ApexShared.dll (this message is harmless)
    Loading C:\Server1\RustDedicated_Data\Managed\ApexShared.dll into Unity Child Domain
    - Completed reload, in  0.137 seconds
    Platform assembly: C:\Server1\RustDedicated_Data\Managed\System.dll (this message is harmless)
    Platform assembly: C:\Server1\RustDedicated_Data\Managed\System.Core.dll (this message is harmless)
    OnLevelWasLoaded was found on LeanTween
    This message has been deprecated and will be removed in a later version of Unity.
    Add a delegate to SceneManager.sceneLoaded instead to get notifications after scene loading has completed
    (Filename:  Line: 376)Shader 'UI/Default Font': fallback shader 'UI/Default' not found
    ERROR: Shader Shader is not supported on this GPU (none of subshaders/fallbacks are suitable)WARNING: Shader Unsupported: 'UI/Default Font' - Setting to default shader.
    Shader 'Nature/Terrain/Diffuse': dependency 'AddPassShader' shader 'Hidden/TerrainEngine/Splatmap/Diffuse-AddPass' not found
    Shader 'Hidden/TerrainEngine/Splatmap/Specular-AddPass': fallback shader 'Hidden/TerrainEngine/Splatmap/Diffuse-AddPass' not found
    Shader 'Hidden/TerrainEngine/Splatmap/Standard-AddPass': fallback shader 'Hidden/TerrainEngine/Splatmap/Diffuse-AddPass' not found
    <RI> Initializing input.<RI> Input initialized.desktop: 1280x800 32Hz; virtual: 1280x800 at 0,0
    <RI> Initialized touch support.UnloadTime: 2.236220 ms
    Platform assembly: C:\Server1\RustDedicated_Data\Managed\System.Configuration.dll (this message is harmless)
    Platform assembly: C:\Server1\RustDedicated_Data\Managed\System.Xml.dll (this message is harmless)
    Platform assembly: C:\Server1\RustDedicated_Data\Managed\System.Runtime.Serialization.dll (this message is harmless)
    Platform assembly: C:\Server1\RustDedicated_Data\Managed\System.Xml.Linq.dll (this message is harmless)
    Platform assembly: C:\Server1\RustDedicated_Data\Managed\System.Data.dll (this message is harmless)
    Bootstart Startup
    (Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/DebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 51)System
        Name: GAME81SRV2
        Model:  AMD A8-3850 APU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics
        Cores:  4
        Memory: 7933 MBGPU
        Model:  AMD Radeon HD 6550D
        API:    Direct3D 11.0 [level 11.0]
        Memory: 2095 MB
        SM:     50Memory
        GC.GetTotalMemory:     1 MBMono
        Collects: 10
        Memory:   1 MB
    (Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/DebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 51)

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 12, 2017
  15. oxide 2.0.3781 this is dont starting server

16. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Sounds like you updated Rust and then installed an older Oxide build, therefore mixing the Rust DLL versions. You should always wait for a compatible Oxide build before updating Oxide. There have been two Rust updates today, one which we patched for and the 2nd which fixes some crashes that I am pushing out an update for shortly.

17. fix update wait? or old can downloading oxide?
    [DOUBLEPOST=1513049571][/DOUBLEPOST]some new version oxide is dont server starting why?
    [DOUBLEPOST=1513050096][/DOUBLEPOST]help me :/

18. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Did you update Rust first? We can't really help without details, versions, and server logs. I'd suggest testing and verifying that the vanilla server is updated fully before installing Oxide as well, and that you're using the latest, compatible Oxide build after.

19. yes update→oxide paste for dont starting
    [DOUBLEPOST=1513051305][/DOUBLEPOST]fix oxide version relece please :/

20. Has earned. The problem was in mixing the versions of oxide. To fix the problem, you must remove RustDedicated_Data and update the server, and then update the oxide.
    Заработало. Проблема была в смешении версий oxide. Для исправления проблемы надо удалить RustDedicated_Data и обновить сервер, а потом обновить oxide.