Not an Issue Server updates too frequent

Discussion in 'Rust Discussion' started by Greedy, Feb 21, 2016.

1. Hey guys,
    When Wulf release a new version of oxide server for rust, all servers with older versions was shut down and we can't connect to them with error server not responsing. and players must waiting much time to servers update oxide.
    the administrators can't update their servers every day and every time,
    please dont release updates frequently or find a solution for this issue

Thanks a lot

2. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

The updates are released for the Rust updates, they are not just for Oxide. When Rust releases an update (which is shown in the Oxide update notes), Oxide has to update it is a mod for the game. There have been almost no changes to Oxide itself in the past month. If you can provide logs, we can point you to your issue, but nothing has changed with Oxide that would prevent your server from starting due to Oxide.

3. Rust updates release some days ago!
    i haven't a server i just want to play game and server is down :)
    i send a message to server admin for this issue

Thanks

4. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

There have been 4 updates for the Rust release branch in the past week, one just being released today about an hour ago.

5. Well, Greedy might not know about server only updates and about rust not being a release state game(alpha), which is why there are updates every few days... :D

6. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

It's rare for updates to be daily or every few days, normally Rust updates are bi-monthly.

7. Can you tell me when the oxide update will be valid because by mistake I updated my server !
    Thank you !

8. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

The latest Oxide update is for the latest Rust release.

9. The problem being that my server crashed, my hoster to load the updated oxide 2.0.1787 !
    [DOUBLEPOST=1456080879][/DOUBLEPOST]What should I do ?

10. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Check your RustDedicated_Data/output_log.txt for errors. Nothing in the Oxide update would cause the server to crash.

11. I can not enter the file hoster blocked the amendment and I can not see the file output_log.txt !

12. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Is your log moved somewhere else from the -logfile startup argument? If not, then I'd recommend contacting them to get it.

13. And the next oxide release will be available when ?

14. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

There is no next release planned, Oxide is already updated for today's Rust update and tested to be working fine.

15. My server is running Oxide, but all the mods looks like they dont work after the oxide update ? is that bc we are waiting for oxide or is there another problem ?

16. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Check that Oxide is installed using the 'oxide.version' console command. It sounds like it may not be.

17. it says
    oxide.version
    [Oxide] 8:45 PM [Info] Oxide version: 2.0.1786, Rust version: 1355.114.1

18. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Looks fine then. Check your oxide/logs for errors.