1. Oxide for Rust Legacy has been discontinued and is no longer supported. No updates or additions will be made, and Rust Legacy-specific plugin submissions will no longer be accepted. We recommend upgrading to the latest version of Rust as able.
    Dismiss Notice
  1. masterlewis02

masterlewis02 Naked Wanderer

I'm have trouble with my nitrous networks server and the server crashes and when a restart happeneds buildings disappear like there was a rollback. This is hard because my server is really populated most the time and when I restart the people on lose what they did within like.... 10 mins 20 mins. I posted this because I don't not know what to do about these crashes. It could be the amount of plugins I have. I have 25 plugins.

This for your time :)

2. Reneb

Reneb Grenade Master Plugin Developer

crashes are rarely directly related to plugins.
    usually they are related to memory or cpu max usage, server crashing cause it doesn't have anymore cpu space or memory space.
    so basically they are due to the max usages that your provider give you.
    1) yes plugins increase memory and cpu usage, so it will increase lags/crashs, so reducing plugins could help (but note that some plugins don't use anything while they are not called (mostly command plugins)
    2) restarting your server more often will also help in reducing the memory leaks and prevent crashs like that.
    3) Nitrous is a very expensive rust provider, they should give you what you pay for, so you should contact them and ask about those crashs, maybe they can do something (increase your allowed memory usage / cpu usage).

3. masterlewis02

Ok but when I do do the server restarts people's buildings disappear like there was a rollback of some kind. People lose there c4 and stuff so I'm always afraid to restart it.
    --- Double Post Merged, Jul 24, 2014 ---
    it rollbacked again!

Last edited: Jul 24, 2014
  4. masterlewis02

This is getting too annoying for my server everything in the that rollback goes from the players invs before they placed it anyway. How do I stop server rollbacks when I restart my server? (it didn't do this when I was using essentials but I want to use oxide now) btw I have 25-30 plugins.

HELP PLZ

Thx for your time

5. Reneb

Ahhhhhhh!!!!
    First rule that you MUST learn as a server admin is: save.all, before restarting!!!!
    (In the console as admin you must write : save.all)
    Other way is to make à restart from rusty and pût in the console: quit.
    It Will kick all players and do an autosave

6. masterlewis02

Thx sooooooooooooooooooooo much

7. Reneb

answered him on his other topic
    (needs to do save.all before restarting)

8. masterlewis02

Every now and again this guy says he lost his c4. It's only c4 everytime someone is saying it. Is this a problem or ppl lieing to get c4??

9. Reneb

Ofc lying ^^
    If you save.all just before restarting they can't loose anything.
    It's still possible, but very unlikely.
    The most probable is that they were trying to use the duplicate glitch but failed and therefor lost C4.
    So don't believe them.

10. masterlewis02

Ok thx

11. BackWood Gamimg

BackWood Gamimg Naked Wanderer

is there a way u can roll back servers after the wipe or no?