Solved Server radio

Discussion in 'Plugin Requests' started by Spectrum Modz, May 30, 2016.

1. I have a neat little idea for a plugin, a rust server radio where if players want to tune into a radio they can.

They would be able to request songs by doing something like /requestsong "YouTube Link"
    It would then ask an admin to verify the song

IDK I just had an idea let me know what you think :)

2. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

It's not possible to play custom sounds on the client, the would have to have a browser up or something that provides the audio stream outside of the game.

3. There has got to be a way..... never say never

4. The way wulf said is the best way. I searched for a way to play audio from other clients to a client and I found no way to do so. Maybe the server could record his voice and upload it to a server which provides audio to a website and this website handles the individual freq's.

5. what about a way to remove proximity voice to have it open to all on the server? For an admin of coarse... I own and run a radio station and the players like it when I play music in my server during my show..

6. Adjusting the your voice to a global standard seems possible I'm not for sure. for voice uses the steam network

7. is it possible to turn an object, say a "small wood box", into an NPC. Then Maybe, upload a radio playlist audio file, say for example a 3hr long webcast file, to a directory on the server. Then Admins Can Place said "NPC Box". Just like dealing with an NPC in game, Players Can approach the "NPC BOX" and have said "NPC Box" access the audio file as a vocal response to a command like ( /npc_radio on and /npc_radio off ). since it would be a vocal response from an NPC, The audio would only be able to be heard within the distance of proximity voice. Maybe this could be done? i also think some kind of in game radio would be sweet plugin!

8. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

No, it's not possible to stream music or any audio files that do not exist on the client.

9. i have seen on minigame servers a NPC/bot hidden in the wall on each arena that play music through the voice similar to CSGO HLDJ

10. They probably just have another account that clips into the wall, and runs music through the clients mic. I highly doubt they are playing music through an NPC. Basically what im saying is they most likely have a machine running rust as a client, and connecting to the server and clipping into the wall. Its a expensive process but it works I guess. (Since you have to buy the machine, the rust copy, and whatever else).