1. Hi,

Due to the update for R8, Oxide didn't load any of my mods. So I tinkered around and now my oxide folder is missing and I've found that I keep having crashes in my logs.

I've tried re-installing Oxide via TCAdmin, but the folder isn't showing up. I've tried updating using the Steam Update option via the client.

How can I retrieve the Oxide files that was in my saves folder? Or would it be easier to wipe the server and try again?

Appreciate help in advance.

2. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

The oxide folder wouldn't go anywhere unless it was deleted by you or the host, it's generally under Saves/oxide, but I'd check the oxide.root.json to see if it that location was changed. If plugins aren't loading, then it's likely that Oxide isn't installed or in the wrong location.

3. Just had a look at the oxide.root.json and found this:
    Code:
    {
        "ExtensionDirectory": "ROK_Data\\Managed",    "PluginDirectory": "plugins",
        "ConfigDirectory": "config",
        "DataDirectory": "data",
        "LangDirectory": "lang",
        "LogDirectory": "logs",    "InstanceCommandLines":
        [
            "{oxide.directory}",
            "saves\\oxide"
        ]
    }
    Not sure what that means.

4. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

That means there should be an oxide folder under saves, if not then Oxide is likely not installed and the folder was somehow removed.

5. Oxide is installed, but the oxide folder under saves isn't there. I just tried uninstalling and reinstalling, but still no prevail.

I'm also getting a lot of crash logs too whenever I restart the server via TCAdmin.

6. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

The folder would be generated by Oxide if it was successfully installed and loading though.

7. I've reset the server, uninstalled and reinstalled Oxide. The folder still isn't showing up. Anything I could do?

8. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

If the server is starting, you can check using the oxide.version command to verify if it is actually installed. If it comes back as unknown, then Oxide isn't installed still. A possible cause would be if any updates are being done when the servers starts, or if they were done after it was installed.

9. Alright, I'll try that now and get back to you. Just to clarify the command within game?

10. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Yes, unless you have direct server console access.

11. I'm unable to join my server at all. Is there any other way to roll back the files or restart it so that the default files appear again? The oxide file under saves has been deleted in all the mess, haha.

12. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Just running the SteamCMD update should make it the latest version.

13. Hey, sorry again.

The server is now working but I can't use the oxide.version command as it doesn't exist. The saves > oxide files are still missing on TCAdmin.

14. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Oxide isn't installed then, otherwise the command would work. /oxide.version via chat or oxide.version via console.

15. Ah ok then. So, I've tried reinstalling Oxide via TCAdmin but the file doesn't show up. What could I do to fix this?

16. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

What file are you looking for? The "Saves/oxide" folder will only be there once the server has been started with Oxide installed. To install Oxide, shutdown the server and install it via your host's control panel, then start the server again. If it continues to have issues, then I'd suggest contacting your host as there may be a setup issue with their script(s).

17. My experience:

When you try to install oxide to a standalone dedicated server (especially downloaded with steamcmd), it often fails to install oxide correctly, it works fine, if you just copy a "game version" of RoK and install oxide over that.

18. Filed a ticket to the host and there was a recent update for Oxide and I just re-installed it and got the folders back.

Cheers for the help guys, really appreciated it :)

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 28, 2016