1. i need restart every time i remove plugin ...

2. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Oxide automatically unloads plugins if you remove it from the plugin folder, there is no need to restart unless a plugin is causing the server to not respond.

3. i need to restart every time so i can see when the server start again..
    /edit sry doublepost
    [DOUBLEPOST=1440696074][/DOUBLEPOST]without plugins its start with no problem..
    [DOUBLEPOST=1440696323][/DOUBLEPOST]its the config files... they have to be recrated kits etc..
    [DOUBLEPOST=1440728175,1440695783][/DOUBLEPOST]its Anouncer and Votechecker which not compatible

4. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

I've been using both of those without issues. Are you getting any errors in your logs?

5. remove the information announcer plug in and everything should work, it seems to cause servers to not start with the latest release of oxide.

goodluck!

6. Hi,
    I just started my adventure with Oxide and running RoK server.
    I get same issues with plugins and I checked that only one plugin working fine with newest Oxide version - its The Grand Exchange ver. 1.3.4

Other plugins (for me its: Admin Pwn v0.1.0, Information Announcer v1.1.1., Check Inventory v1.0.0) make issue with disconnecting server from RoK official view list...

Oxide (newest) ver. 2.0.1319 has issues with some plugins
    Oxide ver. 2.0.1307 working fine (for plugins those im using)

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 31, 2015
  7. Wulf i should say thanks for your great work with OXIDE!

8. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

I've tested the majority of the plugins without issue. I'd suggest making sure you have fully updated your server with Oxide.

9. i have completly new install reign of kings then i have copy back the savegame and the configuration files. after that i have install oxide. and paste the plugins. works perfect without any log error.
    Announcer.cs
    CheckInventory.cs
    CommandLogger.cs
    GrandExchange.cs
    GuildInfo.cs
    HelpText.cs
    KilledBy.cs
    Kits.cs
    PersonalMessenger.cs
    VoteChecker.cs
    VotingSystem.cs

i copy pwn.cs only to running server when i need this and it works. after that i deleted from running server. causes lot of errors in log:
    Code:
    1:58 AM [Error] Failed to call hook 'OnEntityHealthChange' on plugin 'Pwn v0.1.0' (NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object)
    1:58 AM [Debug]  at Oxide.Plugins.Pwn.OnEntityHealthChange (CodeHatch.Networking.Events.Entities.EntityDamageEvent damageEvent) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Reflection.MonoMethod:InternalInvoke (object,object[],System.Exception&)
      at System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    1:58 AM [Error] Failed to call hook 'OnEntityHealthChange' on plugin 'Pwn v0.1.0' (NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object)
    1:58 AM [Debug]  at Oxide.Plugins.Pwn.OnEntityHealthChange (CodeHatch.Networking.Events.Entities.EntityDamageEvent damageEvent) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Reflection.MonoMethod:InternalInvoke (object,object[],System.Exception&)
      at System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    i think many plugins for oxide discountinued by the devs. that sucks.

10. the updates should be tested with at least top 10 popular plugins if the server start... i have to waste so much time to reconfig the kits plugin since a 20 update and the a a19 also and the between updates i not remeber and other every update....
    also the safes doesnt work on updates often.
    server doesnt start if you copy all safe files from all plugins mostly you have to waste time with testing restarting wich plugin not compatible that sucks hard waste time

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 5, 2015
  11. Plugins don't often break and don't need to be reconfigured unless those files are actually removed. If a plugin would break because of an update it is in most of the cases caused by changes that were made to the game as we try to not change too much to the core that could potentially break things.
    A save file is in most cases never going to be compatible when updating from lets say A19 to A20.

12. why you should changes effect the KITs plugin? its safe just the names of items... that arent changes anyway the names or ids

13. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

I run a majority of the popular plugins 24/7, they are tested, plugins are often not the issue.

9e6ed77c6c8fefce427d59b326268cf8.png 20a8f8bd548617c7a7a16869be2c108b.png

14. Votechecker is bugged with oxide somehow... you cant connec tto server if its active

15. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

I haven't tried connecting with that one installed recently, but running it is fine. I'll test when I get home.

16. got update running and KIT setting recovered now but i spend like 1h for it lol ..restarting etc...

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 25, 2015