1. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

If anyone is able to run the "debug" branch of Rust, that may help Facepunch resolve the issue. The actual error appears to have been going on for about 4 months, so it doesn't seem to be a new one, but it does seem to happen to both vanilla and modded.

2. I would blame this problem completely on the Rust update. I doubt this is an oxide issue. I got rid of my map save files (that's it) and my server appears to be fine so far. If I have the issue again after a clean restart I will make anther post.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1455949151][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Restarted it and it is fine.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1455949353][/DOUBLEPOST]Looks like build 800.86 released an update which corrupts saves (NICE ONE DUDE, PRANKED!). Not impressed with the past week's updates from FacePunchMeWithFridayUpdates.

3. I have the same problem ;(

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 20, 2016
  4. This is sad...

5. But it seems like there is a solution.

6. I have only noticed this problem after Fridays update before Friday i had no problems at all. I have automatic restarts setup on my server, when my server restarts the server is running but not allowing any connections to rcon and players cant connect until i restart it manually this is a very annoying problem and needs to be fixed asap.

7. Updated the server once more and did a fresh install of Oxide for the 12th time, no issues so far.

8. Did the same thing here. Updated the server manually, reinstalled Oxide and all my plugins. Server is running normally again.

9. had to do it 12 times though.

10. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

If anyone is able to run the "debug" branch of Rust, that may help Facepunch resolve the issue. The actual error appears to have been going on for about 4 months, so it doesn't seem to be a new one, but it does seem to happen to both vanilla and modded. The error is not from Oxide.

11. What affects will the debug have on the server besides giving off more detailed information in a log, and possibly in consol?
    I am thinking performance, and server protocol.
    Logicaly i assume the server version will stay the same as the version i normaly install, and performancewise i am hoping for very small affects but with high entity servers and high player popularity i wouldnt dare guessing out of the blue and instead ask someone who MAY know more.

I will gladly run the debug version when i do the next restart later tonight and keep running it for however long needed.
    But i also want players to be able to enjoy the server :D.

I am however not having corrupt saves (yet), but i am getting the nullreferenceexpe... error.
    working server, but laggy isues that i belive is related to simply having gigantic houses and many of them.

12. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

It's not meant to be permanent, just enough to get the error and logs.

13. Wulf just a heads up, The Null Referance thing is a game problem, not Oxide. I just got a null reference error when trying to boot Rust to play on my PC.

14. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

NRE is a generic error that can happen with anything. The particular one in this with Rust though, during the save loading process from what I can tell. I'm aware it isn't an Oxide issue, but Facepunch still needs more information, which is why I requested those having the issue to test with the debug branch of Rust server so that they can get that information.

15. I am getting this error
    Code:
    NullReferenceException
    at (wrapper managed-to-native) UnityEngine.Component:get_transform ()
    at BaseEntity.Save (.SaveInfo info) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at BaseCombatEntity.Save (.SaveInfo info) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at BuildingPrivlidge.Save (.SaveInfo info) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at BaseNetworkable.ToStream (System.IO.Stream stream, .SaveInfo saveInfo) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at BaseNetworkable.GetSaveCache () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at SaveRestore.GetSaveCache () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at Bootstrap+<StartServer>c__Iterator9.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    There's nothing i can do? Just wipe the server?

16. No ...

after wipe and few saves .... if you reboot you get it again .... ! :/

17. Something i did just fixed this.... server is back up and running. Only thing i can think that i did differently was let the server run for about 30 mins, it did an auto save then i restarted it. Next thing its back online

18. you say "not use save command so" ? just let auto save running ?

19. Running as a vanilla server, everything runs fine, until I install Oxide. At that point, I receive constant query failure notices from my host. Output_log.txt is attached below. It provides the following at the end of the log:
    Code:
    UnityException: GameObject has undefined tag!
      at (wrapper managed-to-native) UnityEngine.GameObject:get_tag ()
      at PrefabPreProcess.ProcessObject (System.String name, UnityEngine.GameObject go, Boolean isBundling) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at PrefabPreProcess.Process (System.String name, UnityEngine.GameObject go) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at GameManager.FindPrefab (System.String strPrefab) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at Prefab.Load (System.String folder, .GameManager manager, .Library attribute) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at PlaceMonuments.Process (UInt32 seed) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at WorldSetup+<InitCoroutine>c__Iterator13.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

Attached Files:

20. I confirm ....

Start the server with .sav = FAILED .... > Keep server running even if it not works ! WAITING 15/20 Minutes (after 1 or 2 saves) .....
    Reboot the server (kill and relaunch the process !)

The server works FINE !!!!

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 21, 2016