1. I have the same problem. Run "clean" server - running perfectly! Run with Oxide - UnityException: GameObject has undefined tag.

2. Yep. I got home today from work. Saw an update I think it is 78? I was last running on 76 perfectly with plugins. Now I dragged the new Oxide files into my dedicated spot loaded the server and it hangs. UnityException: GameObject has undefined tag. I removed Oxide and put the old 76 back in and it loaded. I've updated my server, and removed oxide and it loads perfectly. It is NOT a corrupt save.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1455884702][/DOUBLEPOST]I have a solution to the issue. Working perfectly with my previous back up.

Go to your main directory where you see the following folder "server" go inside and copy the name of your world.
    Paste it to your desktop or a safe location.

DELETE steam CMD and rustserver from C: or from where ever you have it.

Redownload SteamCMD. Go through the process of logging in and downloading rust again into the place of your choice. (I literally did it the same as I had it before).

Run the server once, make sure you have the same seed, and map name.

Close the server. Copy and paste the newest oxide files into the main directory.

Go into the server folder and delete the folder inside, and replace it with your backed up original.

Load the server again, and it will work.

Please reply if you need more information, and I hope it works for you!

3. Hey Guys,

My Friend has a little Problem with his Server he CANĀ“T load the SaveGame!
    Please Help me

Thanks

Im getting this error after a long waiting period of server booting (Vanilla Server):
    Code:
    NullReferenceException
    at (wrapper managed-to-native) UnityEngine.Component:get_transform ()
    at BaseEntity.Save (.SaveInfo info) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at TreeEntity.Save (.SaveInfo info) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at BaseNetworkable.ToStream (System.IO.Stream stream, .SaveInfo saveInfo) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at BaseNetworkable.GetSaveCache () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at SaveRestore.GetSaveCache () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at Bootstrap+<StartServer>c__Iterator9.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0(Filename: Line: -1)Platform assembly: D:\home\sid_21140\rust\Release\RustDedicated_Data\ Managed\System.Data.dll (this message is harmless)
    InvalidOperationException: Steamworks is not initialized.
    at Steamworks.InteropHelp.TestIfAvailableGameServer () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at Steamworks.SteamGameServerStats.GetUserStat (CSteamID steamIDUser, System.String pchName, System.Int32& pData) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at PlayerStatistics.Add (System.String name, Int32 var) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at BasePlayer.OnKilled (.HitInfo info) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at BaseCombatEntity.Die (.HitInfo info) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at BasePlayer.Die (.HitInfo info) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at BaseCombatEntity.Hurt (.HitInfo info, Boolean useProtection) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at BasePlayer.Hurt (.HitInfo info, Boolean useProtection) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at BaseCombatEntity.OnAttacked (.HitInfo info) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at BasePlayer.OnAttacked (.HitInfo info) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    UnityEngine.Component:SendMessage(String, Object, SendMessageOptions)
    NPCAttack:Hit(BaseCombatEntity, Single, Boolean)
    AttackAction:Tick(Tree)
    AIAction:TickFoward(Tree)
    BTRustT1:TickAgent(Int32, Boolean, Tree, String, Single)
    BTRustT0:Tick1(Tree)
    BTRustT0:Tick2(Tree)
    BTRustT0:Tick2(Tree)
    BTRustT0:Tick(IAgent, Tree, Object)
    BTRustT1:Tick1(Tree)
    BTRustT1:Tick11(Tree)
    BTRustT1:Tick(IAgent, Tree, Object)
    Behave.Runtime.Tree:ForceTick()
    Behave.Runtime.Tree:Tick()
    Behave.Runtime.Tree:TickWrapping(Boolean)
    NPCAI:Body()
    NPCAI:Tick()
    AIHandler:InternalCycle()
    AIHandler:Cycle()
    ServerMgr:Update()(Filename: Line: -1)Entity is NULL but is still in saveList - not destroyed properly? assets/bundled/prefabs/autospawn/resource/beachside-palms/palm-1.prefab[34829237]

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 19, 2016
  4. Yes, we got the same issue, but wiped it. Now it works without any problems. Hope, that will get fixed.

5. Thank you very much! It working for me. But I skip some steps:

DELETE steam CMD and rustserver from C: or from where ever you have it.

Redownload SteamCMD. Go through the process of logging in and downloading rust again into the place of your choice. (I literally did it the same as I had it before).

6. i didnt do a full reinstall.

i did a
    Code:
    @C:\server2\steamcmd.exe +login anonymous +force_install_dir C:\server2\rustdedicated\ +app_update 258550 validate +quit
    pause
    and then downloaded oxide today again fresh, and overwrite the old files (thus patching server again).
    This ofcourse while the process is GONE from the processlist of open processes. (google how to find that if you really dont know how to use taskmanager.)

The process not beeing dead and closed completely can be a major reason for many of the issues people hve when patching.
    That said, i did have this error aswell before during tonights problems with servercrashes and unbootable and so on.

Anyway this easy patch+oxideinstall fixed my problem after a few repeats, no fresh install, same old savefiles, datafiles, database and plugins.
    Had other issues later like crashes related to plugins but that is unrelated to this issue i think.

Hope that helps anyone.

p.s i am using my old 340k entity save and same configs and plugins (we cleared 60k entitys by "accident" with a decay messup).

7. Since the wipe my server is running ok, but now I'm afraid of restarting it, I'll try yo keep it on till all this is solved

8. try now ... if it crash at next restart, your players will hate you ^_^

9. Wiped and then I got the null exception and the server crashed... I've had to do ANOTHER wipe.

10. i also wiped one time to test it.. and i directly got this error again after a restart (vanilla server). in the past ive made some changes to

spawn.min_rate
    spawn.max_rate
    spawn.min_density
    spawn.max_density

ive set those back to standard settings and wiped again. after that i got no error... maybe it was luck.. i dont know...

11. i will try this

thx
    [DOUBLEPOST=1455898123][/DOUBLEPOST]it works !!! <3

12. I've never changed these and I'm still getting it. This is not a fix. Surely someone knows the situation on this? Are the devs aware of it...

13. Getting the same problem here man :)

14. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

If anyone is able to run the "debug" branch of Rust, that may help Facepunch resolve the issue. The actual error appears to have been going on for about 4 months, so it doesn't seem to be a new one, but it does seem to happen to both vanilla and modded.

15. help...

Code:
    [2/20/2016 5:42:42 AM] Map Spawned 42955 entities
    [2/20/2016 5:42:45 AM] Stability Warmup
    [2/20/2016 5:42:45 AM]     32854 entities found
    [2/20/2016 5:42:45 AM] Initializing Supports
    [2/20/2016 5:42:47 AM]     7773 / 32854
    [2/20/2016 5:42:49 AM]     14915 / 32854
    [2/20/2016 5:42:51 AM]     21993 / 32854
    [2/20/2016 5:42:53 AM]     30068 / 32854
    [2/20/2016 5:42:54 AM] Initializing Stability
    [2/20/2016 5:42:54 AM] Processing Queue
    [2/20/2016 5:42:56 AM]     20403 entities, 0 surroundings
    [2/20/2016 5:42:57 AM] NullReferenceException
    [2/20/2016 5:42:57 AM] InvalidOperationException: Steamworks is not initialized.
    Code:
    NullReferenceException
      at (wrapper managed-to-native) UnityEngine.Component:get_transform ()
      at BaseEntity.Save (.SaveInfo info) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at TreeEntity.Save (.SaveInfo info) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at BaseNetworkable.ToStream (System.IO.Stream stream, .SaveInfo saveInfo) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at BaseNetworkable.GetSaveCache () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at SaveRestore.GetSaveCache () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at Bootstrap+<StartServer>c__Iterator9.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    (Filename:  Line: -1)InvalidOperationException: Steamworks is not initialized.
      at Steamworks.InteropHelp.TestIfAvailableGameServer () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at Steamworks.SteamGameServerStats.GetUserStat (CSteamID steamIDUser, System.String pchName, System.Int32& pData) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at PlayerStatistics.Add (System.String name, Int32 var) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at BasePlayer.OnKilled (.HitInfo info) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at BaseCombatEntity.Die (.HitInfo info) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at BasePlayer.Die (.HitInfo info) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at BaseCombatEntity.Hurt (.HitInfo info, Boolean useProtection) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at BasePlayer.Hurt (.HitInfo info, Boolean useProtection) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at TriggerHurtEx.DoDamage (.BaseEntity ent, HurtType type, System.Collections.Generic.List`1 damage, .GameObjectRef effect, Single multiply) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at TriggerHurtEx.ProcessQueues () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    (Filename:  Line: -1)

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 19, 2016
  16. Yeah it's a bug most likely. Just saying I got a work around with my above instructions.

Save your map name (in the server folder) and you BAT file to run the server.

Delete everything. Then remake the same directories.... then paste in the saved BAT and the map into the server folder. RUN....then bingo.

Then install the newest OXIDE. Should work perfectly.

BTW Thank you @Wulf for being so awesome with this OXIDE!

17. This isn't a work around, This is the first thing I tried and i've done it over 20 times now.

18. So I seem to be having the same issue here. Server seems like it's running, displaying my timed executes and all, but it says not connected in the RCON, this code was in the Output log. Any ideas?

Code:
    UnityException: GameObject has undefined tag!
      at (wrapper managed-to-native) UnityEngine.GameObject:get_tag ()
      at PrefabPreProcess.ProcessObject (System.String name, UnityEngine.GameObject go, Boolean isBundling) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at PrefabPreProcess.Process (System.String name, UnityEngine.GameObject go) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at GameManager.FindPrefab (System.String strPrefab) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at Prefab.Load (System.String folder, .GameManager manager, .Library attribute) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at PlaceMonuments.Process (UInt32 seed) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at WorldSetup+<InitCoroutine>c__Iterator13.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    (Filename:  Line: -1)

19. This sucks.