1. Alright so i had the oxide mod running 1 time with a single plugin but i did something no idea what (i think i tried to open it once by accident) and now every time i put the oxide mod on my server it freezes my console on the very first line. it will write this [19:02:27.693] Starting new process 10456 on port 11073. then nothing. well ive narrowed it down to 1 thing but i have not clue how the fix it. I believe CSharpCompiler.exe is out of date or broken or something of the sort. now this should be an easy fix to test out. redownload the mod delete the compiler replace with new one start server but everytime i download the mod it doesnt have the compiler in the rar. any thoughts??

Last edited by a moderator: May 3, 2017
  2. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

The compiler is not outdated and is downloaded when the server starts with Oxide if it is not already downloaded. To me it sounds like you do not have Oxide fully installed or using an incompatible build. There was a RoK update last night I believe, which there is a snapshot for but I haven't released it yet so you may bey well be outdated.

3. well i havent even tried it with the new update yet. also the rok_data file in the download only has the managed folder just wondering if thats how its suppose to be. do you recommend waiting for your release for this newest update then removing everything to do with oxide and try re installing it?

4. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

The Oxide builds only included patched files and Oxide files, not the entire server. A compatible build is available now for the latest RoK update too.

5. Alright so i compleatly reinstalled oxide turned on my server and it worked! i shut it down added the grand exchange started it worked perfectly. then i downloaded 2 more plugins added them didnt edit anything else didnt change anything and i added them the same way i added GE but when i went to start it it stoped on the first line again with this [12:18:00.814] Starting new process 7592 on port 11080. then i exit out of the console and it throws this at me

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: May 3, 2017
  6. so do you have any ideas on how to fix this??

7. Alright so this keeps happening i start the server it freezes on the screen in the first picture then i click X on the console and it come up with that error message in the second picture. Oxide mod is fully installed and was working just a min ago with 3 plugins installed and now this keeps popping up.

upload_2017-5-6_21-32-59.png

upload_2017-5-6_21-33-29.png

8. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

I can't reproduce that issue, but I'll look again once I am able to.

9. if you need i can send you the server folder

10. answer me this what does newtonsoft.json.dll handle i might be able to debug it on my end if i know what it does

11. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

It's used for any .json config or data files used by Oxide, plugins, and potentially Reign of Kings.

12. well crap best i can do is tell you exactly how i set up my server i could even make a video showing you anything that can help fix this just ask

13. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

I don't think that'd help. Testing locally with both the version RoK includes as well as ours, but so far no issue. Have you tried re-installing Oxide?

14. you have no idea how many times ive tried it works sometimes but its always temporary. out of curiosity what steps should i take to reinstall it?

15. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Could you upload the Newtonsoft.Json.dll file here please? Also, how do you start your server?

16. I use the server exe in the picture under the ROK.exe

upload_2017-5-7_20-37-28.png
    [DOUBLEPOST=1494207662][/DOUBLEPOST]alright this is strange i havent touched the server in anyway shape or form since i posted the 2 pictures last night and now its working again but i know its gunna be temporary

Attached Files: