1. the thing is, it dont make any erros. it just crash :S

2. Suggestion, Remove/uninstall oxide try if you see the server in the list while you dont have oxide installed. if yes you see it reinstall it again and just wait maybe the problem will fix itself.
    thats what i did sort of

Also to note; that since i came here to start seeking for answers more and more servers came visible in the modded tab again. so maybe its just not oxide but its just a waiting game untill all servers are back. thinking about the update today where the query port changed, and the way rust handles the server viewer ingame.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 21, 2015
  3. Get no error in the Console or in the log, it starts easily every few minutes.

4. I did the update.

my server has been updated with the new oxide. I checked the config and it is ok for the name. I restarted it just to be sure and I had those messages as soon as rust admin connected to the server :
    Code:
     MissingFieldException: Field 'Steamworks.GameServer.isInitialized' not found.
    (17:40:56) | MissingFieldException: Field 'Steamworks.GameServer.isInitialized' not found.
    (17:40:56) | MissingFieldException: Field 'Steamworks.GameServer.isInitialized' not found.
    (17:40:57) | MissingFieldException: Field 'Steamworks.GameServer.isInitialized' not found.
    (17:40:57) | MissingFieldException: Field 'Steamworks.GameServer.isInitialized' not found.
    (17:40:59) | MissingFieldException: Field 'Steamworks.GameServer.isInitialized' not found.

5. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Your server isn't updated if you get that. Stop your server, update Rust, then add the latest Oxide.

6. Personally i think this is a problem with a lot of game hosters they don't provide a full working Console.
    In other means you cannot see what is happening while you start it.

7. Wulf : here is, step by step, what I did.

I stopped the server. ( Rust was already updated ( yesterday and this morning for the small patch ). I added the last oxide. I started the server.

I checked the config file for hostname. I restarted the server.

The update is done manually by me on the provider FTP because they are too slow to prove us with automatic updates.

What risks do I take if I let people play on the server with those messages inside my rcon admin tool ? Cause players don't like admins stopping and starting servers everytime...

8. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

There were two Rust updates today.

9. I get the same issue here ... rust updated to last commit :eek:

10. Yes indeed Wulf I did one last night ( with the server update and oxide ) and the other one this morning. It makes 2. ( and I have no update of the client right now pending ).

still no lisibily on the server.hostname in the game list for our server ( french provider )

but wow... those errors in the console ... it is non stop ;-)
    Code:
    (18:08:14) | MissingFieldException: Field 'Steamworks.GameServer.isInitialized' not found.
    (18:08:14) | MissingFieldException: Field 'Steamworks.GameServer.isInitialized' not found.
    cannot even see when I am typing a command lol...

11. Got this from Fragnet staff:

I suspect it is the game panel that is stopping your server. That because recently Rust had an issue with the query, and when the game panel can't query the server, it is restarted.

Kind Regards,
    John

So it was a Fragnet specific problem.
    My server seems okay now

12. That makes sense

13. Server has been running for 25 minutes now.
    It hasn't topped 10 minutes today. :)
    So I think John fixed it! <3

14. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

No, there was one last night, two from earlier today, and now another one which makes three for today.

15. Indeed wulf I see it ! I quit steam and started again and yes updating for the moment. Hope it will be ok after. ( 3 updates of the client )

and what did you suggest for the error messages coming from the console ? Do you think I have to reupload the last oxyde I already installed on the FPT of my server provider ?

16. You can always check your log to see whats happening when the server starts.

17. I did the update of oxide 2.0.1305 rust protocol 1310

I don't have the console errors anymore. ( it is fine )

The server name is now updated and I see it in the list !

7pm

Thx all for support, ideas, and info ! as usual.

18. I updated the server to the latest update and then added the
    Oxide for Rust Experimental
    even though I still get the flood
    Code:
    MissingFieldException: Field 'Steamworks.GameServer.isInitialized' not found
    MissingFieldException: Field 'Steamworks.GameServer.isInitialized' not found.MissingFieldException: Field 'Steamworks.GameServer.isInitialized' not found.MissingFieldException: Field 'Steamworks.GameServer.isInitialized' not found.MissingFieldException: Field 'Steamworks.GameServer.isInitialized' not found.

19. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

You most likely used an outdated Oxide build. That would only happen if you use a mismatched build or outdated Rust.

20. How did you solve this? i have exact the same issue