1. hi.

I don't know why ( maybe you will give me an explanation ) but I made the manual update of my server ( with the new oxide ) . I checked the confiration setting on the provider pannel, everything is fine.

I saved the config, started the server and when I am in the game, impossible to find the server.

The name is not there.

Do you think it is because I have to wait my provider do an update as well to see its name again in the research ? or could it be something else ?

Am I the only one experiencing this here ?

Thanks.

2. Post your command line for startup , remove your rcon password. You should be able to manually initiate the update of your server through your hoster. You can type quit in your rcon to make the server shut down. They may have an auto update checker.

3. I just updated my server to the most recent oxide. Now it's not showing in the RUST server list, and on top of that, I can connect manually, but it doesnt show the name, and I have no active plugins, or commands. It's vanilla, but everything is still installed.

Anyone have any ideas? No, there are no errors.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1440126640][/DOUBLEPOST]Never mind. Solved.

4. Thanks for the answer Meep.

I don t understand what you mean... Can you give a more detail explanation with an exemple ? Because I don't understand exactly what to do ? I am using rustadmin tool. Thx

If I put : server.hostename "!!!![BE-FR-EU]KZU PVP/RAID(19h-01h)-x4Hunt-TP-Kit-Stack-airdrop" it is writtent : command not found.

and just to be sure : le server is up to date it is just the name of it which has not been restored... We can only find the server and connect on it with the console F1 client.connect ( IP ).

EDIT 10.10am : ok I made a change of the server name :

Code:
    (10:11:26) | server.hostname: changed from "!!!![BE-FR-EU]KZU PVP/RAID(19h-01h)-x4Hunt-TP-Kit-Stack-airdrop" to "[BE-FR-EU]KZU PVP/RAID(19h-01h)-x4Hunt-TP-Kit-Stack-airdrop"
    and then I changed it again like before :

Code:
    (10:11:49) | [RCON][87.64.21.56:49335] server.hostname "!!!![BE-FR-EU]KZU PVP/RAID(19h-01h)-x4Hunt-TP-Kit-Stack-airdrop"
    (10:11:49) | server.hostname: changed from "[BE-FR-EU]KZU PVP/RAID(19h-01h)-x4Hunt-TP-Kit-Stack-airdrop" to "!!!![BE-FR-EU]KZU PVP/RAID(19h-01h)-x4Hunt-TP-Kit-Stack-airdrop"
    After that double change, I made a quit on the rcon console

and then I went on my provite website to restart the server.

ps and yeah I have something to set it up on the pannel of my hoster : and it is done correctly :

[​IMG]
    The config file on the ftp : /games/rust/cfg/server.cfg is also correct
    but even if I save the config, the name was not appearing in the list.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 21, 2015
  5. I have same issue.

http://oxidemod.org/threads/server-working-but-server-hostnames-does-not-work.11240/

I think that we have to wait the update of our server provider... I did a manuel update as well. People connect on the server by using client.connect.

Everything is fine in the config file concerning the server.hostname... So I suppose we have to wait.

When you said nevermind : solved ... How ? What was the solution ?

6. Would like to know that aswell. Restarted server 15 minutes ago, not showing in list ....

7. I don't see how this helps. I have two servers one with Oxide and one without Oxide and I updated both to the Facepunch Server update at 5/21/2015 and both are not showing up.

I think we need an update from FP.

8. Same here, Updated everything unable to find server in tab modded. or anywhere

9. Mine was almost working fine yesterday when update came out. Today i restarted the server and now it's not on the list anymore. Probaly just the server hosts that didn't figure out in time that there was a major change to some Rust files, and now they haven't updated yet. That's my best guess.
    It's things like this that makes me wonder if i really want to spend time with having a Rust server. Issues all the time...

10. I prefer this one as the topic title suits my issue

11. You are not the only one with this, I host the server myself full control and i cannot find the problem as well
    Dont worry there will be a fix connect trough console for now. until someone has an answer

Ow and 60 procent sure that your server has been updated only thing is even if its updated you cannot find it for some particular reason

12. May because the query port is the same as the game port now.

13. I have the same issue.

14. exactly my thoughts, so we can't do much about that for now
    [DOUBLEPOST=1440163786][/DOUBLEPOST]Facepunch forum users have the same problems i've seen.
    Maybe a new update incoming

http://facepunch.com/showthread.php?t=1482198

15. i have the same issue and my server keeps crashing after it have been online for a few minutes :S

16. Exactly my problem.
    I have been having this problem for 15 hours now.
    There is nothing my server provider can do about this, even though they have been trying to help me for about 5 hours now.

Somehow my server is not updating to the 1310 (hotfix) version.
    It stays on 1309, even after trying to update every 30 mins for the last 5 hours now.

http://rust-servers.net/version/1310 <-- list of 1310 servers.
    See how these are all full with players again.
    This list keeps growing, so somehow people are figuring out how to fix the problem.
    2 hours ago this list was almost totally empty.

http://rust-servers.net/version/1309 <-- list of all outdated servers.
    Notice how many top servers are still in this list.

Edit: Just as I posted this, I updated my server once more and it downloaded the 1310 hotfix patch. My server is in the server list again and showing up in http://rust-servers.net/version/1310

Edit 2: After installing the new Oxide update I am not even able to start the server anymore :(

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 21, 2015
  17. What is your server host? my is fragnet

18. It's fragnet and it just got fixed.
    I am running Rust 1310 and the latest Oxide now.
    My server is in the list and I am able to connect.
    The staff will manually update Oxide if you open a ticket.

19. We only have to wait then.