1. Hi guys,
    I've ordered a server on gameservers and I am able to connect to it via F1 command panel but it isn't showing up for me or my friend on the master list. I've submitted a ticket earlier and the support team has told me that they are able to find it under it's name on the "Modded" list.

The server's name is "[TR]Ruddy Modlu 5x|Sezon 4|Level|Turkce|13.09 18:00" so maybe try to find it and tell me if it is visible or not.

If it isn't showing, do you maybe know the solution to the problem?
    So far I've tried reinstalling oxide and changing the server name various times (without special characters).

Thanks!

2. Can't find yours, can't find mine.

Exact same problem exact same host.

3. Open ports or update your server.

4. My Rust server shows on Rust Live Map & Map Generator

Developers at fault? The above entity does not seem to have this same problem.

Alternatively, maybe a problem with GameServers.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 21, 2017
  5. anyone know if there is a min time frame for a server to be posted to the listing? DBZ's server is now showing listed.

6. As soon as the server has started up (You should see a "Server Startup Complete" message in console) then your server will appear in the browser. If it doesn't then you could wait a few hours and check and then check to see if you have the correct ports forwarded and you aren't blocking the connection.

7. Here is the solve for a server not being listed it needs a query port defined. +query_port xxxxx. once this is in the .bat file. once the server is up "server startup complete" it lists the server name immediately there after.

NOTE to whomever: nice try chinese hacker. you only denied servicefor a short time. once I discovered the DNS hijacking. Logs saves lives. Took 10 minutes to resolve. #easy.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 6, 2017
  8. Ehhhhh?

9. query port is no longer used it has not been used in months so sorry your wrong

10. Well, wrong or not, there seems to be issues where servers are not being listed and it's not ports being closed or something.. There are a lot of possibilities, but you would need to compare connections between servers listed and not listed with Wireshark to see what packets are missing...

11. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

The query port is the same as your main port, there has never been a +query_port that I am aware of and the game server doesn't even contain or listen for that. The only time the query port has been separate was before it was merged into the main port, but it was +query.port.

12. Wulf I removed my detailed steps from this post but I checked all the UDP ports (there are programs you can do with this because most online scanners check only TCP) my default ports were open but yet I wasn't getting any listing. I moved the typical 28015 to a different port (won't post it here due to hackers) and added a +query_port and it showed up in seconds. Server is running the latest build along with my client with the latest build. my query port isn't the same as my game port.

*shrug* the devs aren't much help to be honest well at least on their "support" page. I find more of my answers heres. 80-90% from your postings.

EDITED: gameport: 28015, query_port: 28016, rcon port: 28017 (this is the progression I used). using default ports as an example. UDP:TCP:TCP

[DOUBLEPOST=1507311686][/DOUBLEPOST]
    some hacker that is on this thread attempted multiple denial of service attempts and attempted to hijack my router. I thankfully had logs scrolling on the screen and immediately shutdown everything while re-directing my traffic while I changed up some parameters to stop the attempt. I knowingly posted my server's ip address which I knew could lead to an attack. (so it wasn't so surprising).

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 6, 2017
  13. pdr

pdr

If it happens to clients of same host provider, mb its problem of provider. Anyway, use VDS/VPS w/ linux and enjoy it. Stop choosing the easy way, it generally leads to a problem.

14. using my own dedicated dual xeon server believe me its not the easy way :) I've hosted games before just not Rust each game has its own "quirks". Linux, Server 2008 R2 or 2012 or 2016 works fine. I'm just not a 100% linux guy and yes more window based OSes are attacked more than Linux. #Ubuntu

After some tweaking Wulf you were correct the port changes incorporated the game port and the query port as one. why my listing suddenly worked is probably either the update and / or me changing from the standard 28015 to something else. *shrug*.

I do appreciate everyones input it helped a great deal.

15. add to batch +server.secure 1

16. no need to set that also its true not 1

17. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

They'd do the same thing.

The server is secure (Facepunch anti-cheat + EAC) by default.

18. That doesn't effect your list priority.

19. Don't order from them, go for ServersFTW.com.. they have pretty solid game servers & new customer coupons.