1. fixed Server up and running fine now, But i have one problem left: The servers IP doesn't work. i did port it forward (28015) but the server isnt visible anywhere and i can't connect with the IP i have.
    Any ideas what this is? Because i DID port it forward.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1471385937][/DOUBLEPOST]if i can't get this working.... i can't get players to join the server. because the server isn't listed and the IP is dead... D:

2. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Are you setting the IP somewhere? If you are hosting behind a router, don't set the IP to the external IP, just use 0.0.0.0. +server.ip 0.0.0.0

3. ok, thanks i will try :) if it works i will reply
    [DOUBLEPOST=1471458263][/DOUBLEPOST]nope it does not work D:
    [DOUBLEPOST=1471458387][/DOUBLEPOST]if i port forward, do i need to have rustdedicated as app name or just Rust? does it make any difference?

4. the server does not show up on the Local Network tab in rust... and does not work to connect with my IP. just with the local ip.

5. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

It won't show on the Local Network tab ever if it's on the same machine as your client. You can connect to it using 'connect localhost:28015' or from the server list if it shows yet.

6. well, the server isnt visible when i search for it either...

7. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Okay, but does the connect localhost:28015 work?

8. yes, i can connect local.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1471464276][/DOUBLEPOST]wait a sec now it works, okay im good :D
    [DOUBLEPOST=1471464303][/DOUBLEPOST]i took like 24 hours for it to react lol

9. My localhost works and friends can join through the "friends" tab in rust, but when i type "connect (my ip):28015" it says Connect Attempt Failed.

10. Try "connect localhost:28015" or "client.connect localhost:28015"

11. Bro, I know that. I want people to join that are not in my friends list.

12. Sorry man, I misunderstood your question, have you portforwarded?

13. Yes both UDP and TCP for 28015 port.

14. Try forwarding port 28016 as well. I couldn't get it to work until I had done this either.
    If you've tried that and you're still having issues then try taking down all your firewalls, I had to take down my router firewall and windows firewall on both public and private before anyone could connect.
    If you have any other firewall inclusive programmes you may want to disable these as well such as McAfee or Norton as they can sometimes interfere.
    I would take down everything just for testing for now, you can create rules to allow for connections later if this fixes your issue and you have the patience for it, I personally couldn't be bothered so I just leave them down as I'm not a particularly fearful person.
    Hope this helps,
    ~Bryn