1. How long would you say it takes for when I start the batch file and it says the server is loaded for it to actually appear?

2. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Hours, days, depends on Steam I guess.

3. So by public IP I would think you mean the ip that appears when you type in" What is my Ip" on google. Then I would think its client.connect "IP" But when i did that it said invalid address.

4. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Code:
    connect IP:PORT
    Example: connect 8.8.8.8:28015

5. Okay I just tried that and it is now saying Disconnected (Connection Failed Attempt) - returning to main menu

Also just to confirm how would I find this IP?

6. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Google, ipcow.com, etc.; pretty much infinite sources to get your public IP.

7. It is still saying Disconnected (Connection Failed Attempt) - returning to main menu

8. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Are you trying to connect to that yourself, or your friend?

9. I have two computers both in the same room, connected to the same wifi and two different steam accounts and Im trying to connect my laptop to the server, which is hosted by my desktop.

10. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

You'd use the LAN IP if you're on the same network, localhost if on the same machine.

11. Would that be the IPv4 Address?

Okay I have connected on my laptop and when I open the start menu it says I'm on Amsterdam II and there is 223 People Online.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 4, 2017
  12. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

That is the default server info when you do not connect via the server list.

13. Okay so if I leave my server on for long enough it will appear in the list?

14. Okay so if I leave my server on for long enough it will appear in the list?

15. Make sure you allowed the ports on windows firewall as well

16. My friends can't join when using the connect IP: Port Command. It comes up with Connection Attempt Failed. Any Help?

17. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

The port likely isn't open still then.

18. If you have antivirus software check if it has a firewall on it as some do that would be blocking the ports

19. I disabled my AntiVirus. Still No Luck.

20. Dont disable it see if it has a firewall option if yes then allow the ports in it