1. Hi, I've recently tried creating a server but it is not listed with all the rest of the servers. (It is modded). I have an old router which doesn't have a port forwarding guide so how would I forward the rust ports: Port Foward Menu.PNG
    And Then is this information right? If not what do I change or add:
    Code:
    @echo off
    cls
    :start
    echo Starting server...RustDedicated.exe -batchmode -nographics ^
    +rcon.ip 0.0.0.0
    +rcon.port 28016 ^
    +rcon.password "france123" ^
    +server.ip 0.0.0.0
    +server.port 28015 ^
    +server.maxplayers 75 ^
    +server.hostname "Diamond Rust x1000" ^
    +server.identity "Server1" ^
    +server.level "Procedural Map" ^
    +server.seed 12345 +server.worldsize 4000 ^
    +server.saveinterval 300 ^
    +server.globalchat true ^
    +server.description "If You Hack You Are Gonna Get A Smack" ^
    +server.headerimage "http://i.imgur.com/xNyLhMt.jpg" ^
    +server.url "Oxide"echo.
    echo Restarting server...
    timeout /t 10
    echo.
    goto start
    And then I allowed the ports 28015 and 28016 through my firewall through the inbound rules.
    It also comes up as Amsterdam II. So please can you help me get my server up. Thanks In Advance.

2. In my past experience, it can take up to 1-2 days for your server to start showing up in the listings. not sure if this is still a thing but thought it might be worth mentioning it :)

Edit: sorry, didn't read the first part properly. I assume you would have to correctly port forward through your router if you have not done so already. It's worth getting a friend to try and connect using your IP and port to see if you have done it correctly

3. Thanks but can you help me as to what to full in on the port forwarding page as well as the batch file.

4. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

28015 for the source and destination ports, your computer's LAN IP that is hosting the server for the destination IP, and make sure UDP is used instead of TCP else select both if that is an option as you'll likely use TCP at some point. You'll only need the RCON port forwarded if you plan on using RCON tools outside of your network. You can name the "Application" Rust or whatever you'd like. The source IP and destination port map likely aren't required.

5. Yeah like i said I just need to know what exactly to full into the port forward menu there cause I'm really new to this and my router isn't listed among the global routers port forwarding guide. As well as is everything correct in my batch file or do I need to change a few things?
    [DOUBLEPOST=1507121293][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Thank you, and then is my batch file correct?

6. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

The +server.url you can change or remove, as "Oxide" is not a valid URL. Other than that is should work fine.

7. And then my LAN IP would be my IPv4 Address found on CMD when typing ipconfig correct?

8. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Correct.

9. done..PNG
    I obviously cant show my IPv4 Address but is that correct then?

10. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Looks right.

11. Its now saying source IP invalid because I left it blank. So what would I put there.

12. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Mmm, try the router's LAN IP address.

13. How would I find that?

14. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

It's the address you're viewing the page on.

15. Okay I just did it. So it has been added it ssems.

And for the batch file I just leave the Server IP etc. at 0.0.0.0?

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 4, 2017
  16. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Yes, setting it to 0.0.0.0 would allow the server to make use of any available network adapter. You could specify your LAN IP, but that wouldn't make a difference and would need to be updated if changed.

17. Also What is RCON exactly?

18. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

It's a remote connection protocol for administering/monitoring the server.

19. And you said I didn't need to worry about that? Also my server still isn't showing up in the modded servers list.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1507124637][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Yeah Iv'e waited a while and the server still isn't appearing in the modded servers list. Is there a still away my friends can join and also how do I make it show up.

20. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

They can connect manually for now via your public IP until Steam/Rust sees it.