1. Hi People,

Since the server files are public version 1069
    I decided to download it to.

Installed it installed oxide installed my plugins.

Now here it comes latly i recieve an lot of complains about lags. I noticed that the server_console is saying
    Unresponsive for x ammount of seconds. Sometimes its 5 seconds sometimes its 60~90 seconds.
    This is getting frustrated because i also run Arena games.

Before you say it might be your hardware.
    This is my home server.

AMD FX 6100 Six core 3.2 Ghz
    32GB DDR3 RAM 1600Mhz
    SSD 120GB
    Fiberglass internet connection 100/100

If you have any tip in this matter it would be verry helpful.

I tested also with no plugins some thing is going on.

Set the rust_server.exe on highest priority seems to help an bit.

With kind regards,

Thomas de Vries.

2. 1069 is not public, it's publicly cracked.
    also, it's not the latest version, therefor will be unstable.

oxide 1.8 is latest stable, and will not run on 1069 (which is cracked).

you need the newest 1070 server to run oxide 1.8 off it.

the only way to receive these files is to pirate them. (which you have, just not latest version)

3. Thats wrong in all points.
    The current legacy build is indeed version 1069, pretty stable, public and works very well with Oxide 1.18

4. current build is 1070, lol

5. Thats strange then. Cause i did it with steam and it downloaded the 1069 and not the 1070

Also its legit since its released to the public.

6. where is this public link?

cause i do not see the updated legacy server mod anywhere.
    it's only available to those who have the key (certain gsps)

7. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Legacy comes included with Experimental now.

8. https://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/Rust_Dedicated_Server#RCON

9. If you didnt know Rust legacy server files were public, how would you know whats the actual build available there?
    In fact version 1069 is the newest build I can get through steamcmd so I assume thats the actual newest build.

10. you got me there. didn't know about that public release until now.

although, I still believe the newest & updated legacy is 1070.
    from what I was told per say.

11. Well i noticed there was an update of the client. So i did an app_update 258550 and it was updating the rust server files.
    So i will test them out for now to see if it will help.

Anyone knows how to see the current server version?

12. odd... for some reason it tells me "No subscription" when I try to run app_update

13. http://oxidemod.org/threads/setting-up-your-own-rust-server-with-oxide.5467/

Current version is still 1069, shows up in the console when you're starting the server; SteamGameServer_Init called (version 1069)

And about the speed issue, is the server also used to run other applications/services? Any differences with the firewall enabled/disabled? Is it possible to track down when it happens? Is it always after a specific event or completely random??

14. Firewall has been turned down. No virus scanner. no other processes on the background that consumes much resources.
    Also when it happens the cpu is at 15% memory arround 900MB. Network capacity 10% TCP connections 200

I can't really think of something else what it could be. We also had it hosted on multiplay with the same plugins but never encountered huge lag spikes.

Could it be that an player is causing this. Cause some players told me that it happens when 2 other players are near them making them lagg. They said it could be an Lagg glitch/hack.

15. Which server are you running?
    Cause there are two versions - 1 for debug, and the other for release.

16. Its not the experimental its the legacy.

Atm changing an couple of things.

Installing linux on an vps to see if that would help an bit.

17. Any solution of this problem find? Have 1069 server build + oxide 1.18. Get unresponsive very much time.

18. Same here. Nearly every 10 minutes I get this for arround 30 seconds. I tryed all ready to change the sendrate and other stuff. Nothing helps.

19. Hi i am back with some status.

We decided to hire an gameserver to test if it is better or not.
    The host is gameservers.com

However we noticed the same problem over there.
    Rusty and the players have from time to time no connection meaning freezes for about 10~30 seconds sometimes more sometimes less.

What i did was removed every plugin. And tested it by adding them one by one.
    As soon as i uploaded arena_lastmanstanding and arena_forks it was hanging so i removed them.
    Restarted the server. Still hanging random times.

Removed all plugins again. Adding an different plugin that wasnt to heavy. Just an plugin to show location.
    Bamn hanging.

Gameservers has increased the perfomance last night. But it was an no go.

Could it be of some of the structures? Cause i noticed some are quite big. Like my arena for example.
    42x46 and 2 stories up.

20. for me it hasnt to do anything with the structures. I wiped the Map and now there are only 2,7k objects. None of the structures is bigger then 5x5x4. It must have an other reason for this.