1. Below is the console errors received when installing SignArtist. Most all of the Plugins I use are doing the same thing, crashing the server when dropping them in the Plugins folder via FTP.

I'm Non dedicated using Gameservers as the host. Is there a different install method? The way I've been doing it for months without issue is with the server running, I login via FTP and drop the .cs file in the plugins folder. Now since the update, upon doing so the server crashes and restarts. If the the server restarts and the .cs file has installed, I then take the .json file and drop it in the Config / Data folder (which ever applies according to the Plugin) and that too will cause a crash.

Plugins I use are, Rustio (no issues), NoGiveNotices (no issues) BotSpawn (crash), HumanNPC (crash), Nteleportation (crash), Skins (crash), CopyPaste (crash), Kits (crash), ZoneManager (crash), AdminRadar (crash), NightVision (crash) ServerInfo (crash) and SignArtist (crash).

Thanks for any and all help and input.

Attached Files:

2. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Your server ran out of memory, that isn't an issue with the plugins. If your server is actually crashing (or if it's just a forced restart by your host), it's because it is out of memory and cannot continue. It just so happens that that extra 100mb used to compile plugins is causing the server to hit your imposed memory limit with your host.

3. Thanks Wulf for the response. So it would be best to open a ticket with Gameservers and request more memory or have them re-configure parameters to compensate?

4. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

You'd likely either need more memory or cut back on some of the plugins you are using that could be a bit more resource intensive, else lower the player count or map size.

5. Makes sense, when I was trying to run a 5000 map it kind of did the same thing, crash and restart before I even put in any plugins. So I went down to 3000 and installed plugins, no issues, although too small. It got janky again after upping the map size to 4500, where I am now. Considering changing hosts all together, so just one last question if you would be so kind, Who? Who is a great reliable and responsive host, for an owner with a moderate backend skill-set such as myself?

P.S. Gameservers adjusted the memory allocation on my server and all 15 plugins are working with zero errors spamming console. If anyone else is having issues loading large maps and plugins, I suggest opening a ticket with Gameservers asking them to do the same for you, if your server is having the same errors and crashes as above.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 10, 2017