1. i get the same error as you by the looks of it.

nity Player [version: Unity 5.4.2f2_b7e030c65c9b]

eac_server.dll caused an Access Violation (0xc0000005)
    in module eac_server.dll at 0033:ede4b6b8.

Error occurred at 2016-12-31_040448.
    C:\bluefang\servers\server15807\RustDedicated.exe, run by Administrator.
    44% memory in use.
    65501 MB physical memory [36368 MB free].
    131000 MB paging file [93921 MB free].
    8388608 MB user address space [8385401 MB free].
    Read from location 000001cc caused an access violation.

Context:
    RDI: 0x00000000 RSI: 0x0027d750 RAX: 0x00000000
    RBX: 0x18ca0b00 RCX: 0x18aad868 RDX: 0x00000000
    RIP: 0xede4b6b8 RBP: 0x000000bb SegCs: 0x00000033
    EFlags: 0x00010202 RSP: 0x0027d5f0 SegSs: 0x0000002b
    R8: 0x96a9b460 R9: 0xede3a4e0 R10: 0x00000000
    R11: 0x0027d5c0 R12: 0x0027d770 R13: 0x18aad6b0
    R14: 0x0027d740 R15: 0x0027d760

Bytes at CS:EIP:
    44 8b 8f cc 01 00 00 4d 8b c7 49 8b d4 e8 56 1d

2. Reinstalled and tried the heli with the default config one time and had no issues. I went in and adjusted the cfg to how I normally do and when I harvested the fuselage the server became unresponsive again. I would need to run the plugin at the default settings a few more times to see if there is an issue in my config changes. In my diagnosis the other day, I do recall the server becoming unresponsive when heli control was uninstalled. So I am not convinced that it is the cfg edits just yet. I will run more tests this morning.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1483197403][/DOUBLEPOST]I just saw someone is having a similar issue on the heli control page. I am taking this to that thread and seeing if the plugin dev can offer any insight.

3. Yeah I seen that thread, I hadn't seen it until yesterday. Glad to see you've kind of got it working, although from what I recall from heli thread.. it's a problem with the Rust client?

4. Yeah it seems that everyones having this problem with Heli Control. Attempt to reinstall it but make sure you delete the config file in oxide > cfg alongside the .cs in oxide > plugins.

5. Yea what I'm doing now is making one change to the cfg file at a time to see if there is a particular setting that is causing it. I'll keep you posted. This is now a quest...

6. I believe I have FINALLY tracked down the issue - I have commented in the HeliControl forum.

7. server back up after complete reload, no heli still hung up. Seems if you use rusty at all it will hang server and crash log like all others. After restart if you leave rusty off it runs Could it be an issue with rcon port after update from steam?

8. Awesome, glad you've resolved your issue Rob!:)

9. plz help me!

10. FYI: The problem is not with HeliControl, it's with Heli's in general and even Vanilla servers are crashing because of it. The true solution is to stop Heli's from spawning using HeliControl, I haven't had a crash since :)

11. Hello everyone,

Recently I've run into an issue with the server crashing. Yesterday the server crashed as soon as a player finished farming the helicopter body, and I disabled the plugin. This worked and fixed the crashing issue, I made sure the plugin (HeliController) was updated, and reinstalled it on the server, and the crashes are back! I've attached the dump files, any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Attached Files:

12. Hi.

My server keeps crashing with this error
    any1 know a fix ?

Attached Files:

13. I recently was getting crashes at random times throughout the day. I then decided to come and search here. It seems as though my crashing issue was heli related as well. I did have HeliControl installed, so I first tried to disable the heli with that plugin. That simply made things worse (server was crashing more often), so I decided to remove the plugin all together. The server was unable to start. I then decided to add Wulf's Copter plugin (since things didn't seem like they could get any worse), that change did not work either, server still unable to start. I removed that plugin all together as well (Data files if there were any, configs, .cs, etc all were deleted. I then added a line to my config that disables the Heli (I believe it was something along the lines of Heli Minutes 0, or something of that nature). This FINALLY allowed the server to run again! But, 15 minutes later the server is down again. I have restarted multiple times, players start coming back, then anywhere from 10-25 minutes after the server has started, it goes back down. I cannot seem to find the issue (or even a temporary fix to hold me over until update). IF anyone can help, I'd be very grateful. I don't have much, but am willing to throw a couple of PayPal dollars in return. I know time is valuable, haha. I appreciate any and all help, thank you.

14. @Trippy The 'Fix' is to disable HeliCopters using the lifetime command on Vanilla servers, or to disable entirely Helicopters using HeliControl. That is the only reliable fix until this is patched.

15. Helis...are not the problem. Mark my words, everyone is keen to point towards any direction when it comes to a rare bug. I can tell you this, Helis are not the issue.

16. Do you think it's a coincidence that if you disable the helicopter, the crashes stops?

17. For now. Keep it disabled. It will crash again. This is a rare bug, its easy for people to point fingers in all directions, and, like i mentioned, heli gibs are not the cause for this one.

18. I didn't see you mentioned anything about the gibs. Yes, people tried to disable heli gibs and the servers kept crashing. We are talking about disabling the heli from spawning.. No crashes for days, but maybe it's just a coincidence like you say. I'll try to enable it yet again.

Edit: Crashed again a little after the first heli was taken down.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 4, 2017
  19. This is not a rare bug. And fixing Heli's completely removed the issue. Before this we were crashing roughly every 30m. We haven't had a crash for days now.