1. Hi, there was a problem recently, the server began to fall periodically. how it is possible to correct it?

Attached Files:

2. You do have some problems there I see @Wulf is the best person to help you on this

3. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Likely an issue with the Rust update. There have been a few that have reported issues, which Facepunch is aware of and trying to find a fix for.

4. yep got the same problem every time server is crashing
    My server was full all the time 200 members, but now some players are leaving so thats a bid sad

5. Also have the same issue at the moment. It happens multiple times throughout the day and causes my servers to be down for hours on end when I'm sleeping. Can this be caused by a plugin?

RustDedicated.exe caused an Access Violation (0xc0000005)
    in module RustDedicated.exe at 0033:400838fe.

I can post more logs if that's helpful @Wulf

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 26, 2016
  6. I see when i restart server crash logs are gone? or where could i find them. Maybe i found the problem, i got a lot of beancans errors, but

RustAdmin Procon can it be he is causing the crash? the whole night my server was up no crashes, 30 minutes ago, i started rustadmin server was crashing a few minutes ago? this is so strange!!

7. Do you use any plugins that run on a schedule?

My server had unexpected restarts every 12 hours until I turned off Autopurge schedule

8. Im running vanilla no plugins or oxide on my main server. only using RustAdmin

9. So it was Autopurge that was causing this for you?

10. Modded to the gills and no restarts, weird.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1482759103][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Well, although the plugin dev kept telling me it wasnt, as soon as I disabled the scheduled check the restarts went away, so you decide ;)

11. And again i need to say AutoPurge is'nt or was ever any reason for server-crashs!
    At the time you had your crash problem, and it was a few weeks ago, it did tell you, and many other owners reported also crashs by listing several other plugins, that AutoPurge was'nt the problem!

And it looks also like its no pure OxideMode plugin, clarified a bit above by:
    >> Im running vanilla no plugins or oxide on my main server. only using RustAdmin

In conclusion: AutoPurge works exactly like it should.
    I did tell you already the whole thing and did lead you to the current (these weeks ago) problematic of a lot of other owners at this time.
    And thats why i have no sympathy with such statement forms of telling people ppl your baseless guessworks ;)
    [DOUBLEPOST=1482766266][/DOUBLEPOST]
    I told him weeks ago, it was'nt for sure AutoPurge. Its simply impossible that the used functions would anytime crash the game.

And the real curious thing was at this time: Everyone did post complete different plugins as THE reason(s) across severals forum threads ;)

12. So after my last post post, im not running rustadmin, server is still alive!

13. Thanks for the heads up Fuji! Just wanted to make sure :) If it does help some players were telling me today that it seemed every time they tried to Loot a Heli Gibs that it crashed then. I've also noted that in the Logs 'A Patrol Helicopter was taken down' was one of last lines in most cases. I know HeliControl and these plugins aren't to blame, just not sure if it points to something that is being triggered :)

Thanks for the heads up on Autopurge!

14. There was a crash allegedly associated with the helicopter. Once the boxes have cooled down the server.
    Unity Player [version: Unity 5.4.2f2_b7e030c65c9b]

RustDedicated.exe caused an Access Violation (0xc0000005)
    in module RustDedicated.exe at 0033:49033007.

15. The Lord Rust works in mysterious ways Xoxo

16. yip :p

17. Is there a way to get the server to autorestart after this crash? It just sits there currently, and I won't get notifications for sometimes hours afterwards.

18. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Add -silent-crashes to your existing .bat or .sh.

19. Thanks Wulf :) You're a champion, really appreciate it!

As an FYI if it helps: Disabling Heli Gibs with HeliControl has seemed to help things, we do get the odd crash though.

20. Just curious, what exactly does this do? I'm having the same issue(s) as the OP and cannot fix/don't have the time to fix as I am not home, but can still edit server files (as long as it won't take too long). Just want to be sure this won't do anything else after a crash except for autorestart. Thank you for your help! It is VERY appreciated.