RustAdmin RCON Tool for Rust

Efficient RCON tool to manage your server and its players (written in C++)

Total Downloads: 17,498 - First Release: Sep 24, 2014 - Last Update: Nov 23, 2016

4.96364/5, 110 likes
  1. Brengun

Brengun Shack Builder

Yes, When I start it again it is still checked

2. Vfloyd

Vfloyd Master Researcher

That's weird, it works for me.

Maybe he won't reconnect instantly if the server is not available.

3. Nikas

Nikas Naked Wanderer

If I get out of the program it all off?

4. Vfloyd

Vfloyd Master Researcher

@Nikas sorry I'm not english and I don't understand what you mean. Can you please rephrase ?

5. Rodrigo Tanaka

Rodrigo Tanaka Scavenger

I will test it ASAP.
    I will post the feedback later.

6. Brengun

Brengun Shack Builder

I think he might not be saving and all his options are off when he reopens is how I read it.
    If so, just save on the 3rd tab before leaving the program.
    Maybe as people close ask if they want to save their options?

AS for the auto reconnect issue. I have a picture here of the error.
    Maybe a timer that will retry every minute for 5 minutes after failure might be the solution.
    Then it retires once every 10 minutes for an hour, then once an hour after that so it doesn't spam connection retries.

Our server does come up fairly quickly so not sure why it is different.

I also noticed the Scheduled commands aren't all saving. I seem to have kept the 1st 1 I setup only.
    I had 5 and saved after creating them, so not sure if it only saves 1st command.

Thank you, program is looking good so far.

EDIT:
    I have noticed if I leave it running and I am not playing that the program also sometimes says connected but isn't refreshing. I then press refresh and it goes to disconnected after about 30 seconds.
    I am running Windows 7 Professional 64 Bit Windows if that helps at all.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2014
  7. Cerber0s

Cerber0s Wood Hoarder

Bad work "scheduled command".
    set 12:26 and got a lot of runs commands

Code (Text):
    (13:26:21) | [Oxide] Start event in game
    (13:26:21) | [Oxide] Start event in gameConsole class not found: event

8. Brengun

Brengun Shack Builder

Hi Vfloyd,
    Just wanted to say anything you want tested to help you out while developing I am happy to help.
    Your work here is much appreciated.

9. Rodrigo Tanaka

Rodrigo Tanaka Scavenger

The Teleport system works. Nice job.
    Now another request.
    Is there possible to include a feature to be able to see player's coordinates?

10. Alpha [FNG]

Alpha [FNG] Scavenger

Awesome plugin! Work's very good. Love the anti-cheat system. Good job! +5.

11. Vfloyd

Vfloyd Master Researcher

Vfloyd updated RustAdmin Tool + Anticheat system with a new update entry:

Fix issue, scheduled command may be executed up to 4 times during the desired minute

Read the rest of this update entry...
    --- Double Post Merged, Oct 3, 2014 ---
    Thank you. This issue is fixed in the version 2.0
    Thank you very much to propose. I need your help to report bugs :)

Concerning the autoreconnect issue, I will check this.
    Unfortunatly not ... the server has no command to get the current coordinates of a player. That's a shame because with that I could be able to detect others kind of cheat (speedhack, flyhack ....). But I will search again, maybe that some plugins can give players coordinates.

12. Mughisi

Mughisi Grenade Master Community Mod Oxide Developer

It is only possible to grab a player's location through a plugin and basically it will have to report the location of every player like every second or so. Which is not a big issue on low populated servers but on busy servers this will cause some lag.

13. Rodrigo Tanaka

Rodrigo Tanaka Scavenger

Here is Bushy's code to get location (Please if you are going to use it, give Bushy's the credit for this):

function PLUGIN:Init()
    self:AddChatCommand( "location", self.cmdLocation);
    end

function PLUGIN:cmdLocation(netuser, cmd)
    if (netuser.playerClient.hasLastKnownPosition) then
    local coords = netuser.playerClient.lastKnownPosition;
    rust.SendChatToUser( netuser, "Location", "X: " .. math.floor(coords.x) .. " Y: " .. math.floor(coords.y) .. " Z: " .. math.floor(coords.z) )
    end
    end

function PLUGIN:SendHelpText( netuser )
    rust.SendChatToUser( netuser, "Use /location para ver seu XYZ" )
    end

14. Vfloyd

Vfloyd Master Researcher

Yes I know how to get location with a plugin. But my program doesn't run on server side. I have no acces to oxide API ...

15. Brengun

Brengun Shack Builder

An update on the program and losing connectivity:
    The program seems to go into a sleep style mode when left alone and not being used
    Each time I leave the program alone , the console logs stop after a short while and player lists stops updating.
    If I come back it says connected but the list and logs are frozen.
    I then press refresh, and notice the program seems to then decide it is disconnected and tries to either reconnect on its own or it has that message "Connection Failed: Unkown error"

I was running Rusty before using this program and it always stayed connected and still does unless the server restarts

Example of the frozen logs below to see gaps: I left the computer at about 18:45 yesterday, the logs stopped soon after.
    I went back to the computer at around 21:30 and left the computer again with it running last night, the log updated for about 8 minutes and stopped.
    The scheduled save I have set-up in your program at 5:55AM seemed to wake the program up again and shortly after at around 6AM it went to sleep again.
    At about 8AM I clicked on the program to refresh the player list and noticed it went to Not Connected and back to Connected and it then did the refresh.
    It then went to sleep again when I started looking through forums until 8:16AM when it refreshed again as I clicked on it.

[QUOTE="
    (18:46:22) | [Oxide] User "Decay" disconnected with SteamID 'STEAM_0:0:56486045'

(18:46:22) | User Disconnected: Decay

(21:27:37) | [Oxide] User "Coconut-Juice" connected with SteamID 'STEAM_0:0:46734487'

(21:27:37) | User Connected: Coconut-Juice (76561198053734702)

(21:28:03) | [Oxide] User "Brengun" disconnected with SteamID 'STEAM_0:0:28941710'

(21:28:03) | User Disconnected: Brengun

(21:28:17) | [Oxide] 'Coconut-Juice' has received the kit '1'

(21:28:21) | [Oxide] 'Coconut-Juice' has received the kit '2'

(21:28:24) | [Oxide] 'Coconut-Juice' has received the kit '3'

(21:31:27) | Kicking Coconut-Juice (76561198053734702) - their ticket was cancelled

(21:31:28) | [Oxide] User "Coconut-Juice" disconnected with SteamID 'STEAM_0:0:46734487'

(21:31:28) | User Disconnected: Coconut-Juice

(21:36:19) | [Oxide] User "Yagumi" connected with SteamID 'STEAM_0:0:63363534'

(21:36:19) | User Connected: Yagumi (76561198086992796)

(21:38:12) | Saving to './data/rust_island_2013.sav'

(21:38:12) | Saved 26408 Object(s). Took 0.957199399999809 seconds.

(05:55:49) | Saving to './data/rust_island_2013.sav'

(05:55:51) | Saved 27606 Object(s). Took 1.47960289999901 seconds.

(05:55:51) | saved all.

(05:55:51) | Saving to './data/rust_island_2013.sav' Saved 27606 Object(s). Took 1.47960289999901 seconds.saved all.

(05:57:25) | [Oxide] 'KIllerjay' has received the kit '2'

(05:57:28) | [Oxide] 'Brosator' has received the kit '1'

(05:57:35) | SchnellWieDieSchnecke has suicided

(06:00:46) | Brosator has suicided

(06:01:02) | Brosator has suicided

(06:01:14) | Brosator has suicided

(06:01:26) | Brosator has suicided

(06:01:41) | Brosator has suicided

(06:01:52) | Brosator has suicided

(06:02:04) | Brosator has suicided

(07:51:25) | [Oxide] User "Brengun" connected with SteamID 'STEAM_0:0:28941710'

(07:51:25) | User Connected: Brengun (76561198018149148)

(07:55:14) | [Oxide] Reloading oxide plugin 'chathandler'...

(07:55:14) | [Oxide] ChatHandler v1.5.3 loaded

(07:55:14) | [Oxide] Reloading oxide plugin 'chathandler'...[Oxide] ChatHandler v1.5.3 loaded

(07:59:15) | Saving to './data/rust_island_2013.sav'

(07:59:17) | Saved 27502 Object(s). Took 1.26866539999992 seconds.

(08:16:36) | Jello-Man has suicided

(08:17:05) | [Oxide] User "Jello-Man" disconnected with SteamID 'STEAM_0:1:95091205'

(08:17:05) | User Disconnected: Jello-Man

(08:28:20) | [Oxide] User "Brosator" connected with SteamID 'STEAM_0:1:96823710'

(08:28:20) | User Connected: Brosator (76561198153913149)
    [/QUOTE]

List of things I am noticing and suggestions as follows:
    1. Fix: Schedules only save 1 of the scheduled tasks. I added about 5 different scheduled tasks and no matter what I do it only ever keeps 1.
    2. Fix: Losing connectivity or going to sleep soon after program left alone.
    3. Suggestion: Able to use a shortcut like up arrow on the keyboard on the command list to redo a command without retyping.
    4. Suggestion: Save commands like save.all or reload.oxide pluginname in a list that can be used as a drop down choice
    5. Suggestion: Create a text log file that saves on the computer of each day for the whole console. Name files as date (E.G. admin_20141005.txt ), close file off each day at 23:59 and start a new file
    I love where it is heading. It is looking to be a really good RUST admin tool.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2014
  16. Vfloyd

Vfloyd Master Researcher

Thank for all this informations. I will try to fix this. I'm not experiencing the same issue. Maybe that the server closes the connection when no command is sent after a defined time.

Brengun likes this.
  17. Vfloyd

Vfloyd Master Researcher

Vfloyd updated RustAdmin Tool + Anticheat system with a new update entry:

Many updates (click for more details)

Read the rest of this update entry...

Brengun likes this.
  18. Kumari Ashamaki

Kumari Ashamaki Scavenger

You say to tell you what it needs lol well I don't know if I am missing it or not but a "Save all" button wold be nice like RustRCON32 has also a drop down menu for server commands with a list of all the commands
    (Like RustRCON32 ) he just used a txt I think and you can add your own commands to it
    also an IP look up and a flags section for adding and taking oxmin flags (Docent every one use oxmin I mean its the best lol)
    Now the best thing wold be a bans tab that will show all the bans names and ban reasons from the bans file in the server and the option to unban players as well now RustRCON32 has the "Unban" but it dose not work also a server config section but that's just for fun really I think

19. Brengun

Brengun Shack Builder

Unbanning is a slight pain with rust from my experience. (Please tell me a better way if I have it wrong)
    I have moderators that can kick and ban. After they ban a player it is harder to unban them. Just means a manual process of editing the oxmin file.

I have found that as long as the ban was added through Oxmin, you can edit the user in the oxmin.txt file and remove the flag 2 for that user, then you have to reload the oxmin plugin to allow them back in.

This could be incorporated in as long as the oxmin.txt file was editable from the outside. (Eg. Streamline have FTP access so that could work, But Multiplay do not have FTP access so it wouldn't work.)
    In game the flag system doesn't work on players that are NOT in game at the time which seems to make it impossible to remove a flag for a banned user with in-game or console commands.

An option would be a new plugin created that can edit the flag system for an offline user through a console command to add/remove flags and reload oxmin.
    Then a program like this could use a console command to remove or add the flag.

20. Vfloyd

Vfloyd Master Researcher

Brengun likes this.