RustAdmin RCON Tool for Rust

Efficient RCON tool to manage your server and its players (written in C++)

Total Downloads: 15,286 - First Release: Sep 24, 2014 - Last Update: Nov 23, 2016

4.96154/5, 104 likes
  1. GreenManLP

GreenManLP Scavenger Plugin Developer

How does your anti cheat work?

2. Rodrigo Tanaka

Rodrigo Tanaka Scavenger

I am not the author, but i am testing it.
    As far as i can understand, it creates a register of the kills, registering the range. Kills above the range are marked as illegals.
    It won´t detect aimbots, no plugin can detect aimbots or radars or advanced features that mess up with the game code.
    Unfortunately, the cheat industry is powerfull.
    Instead of the numbers of cheaters decrease, it grows everyday...
    But we keep fighting...

@Reneb created several good plugins for anti cheat purpose. Give them a go. They worked very fine in my server.

@Vfloyd what about the teleportation system we were talking about? Do you think you can implement something like that?

3. Vfloyd

Vfloyd Master Researcher

Concerning anticheat, I dont store the kills, just when a player is killed, I check the range. If the range is over than the normal weapon range +10 (+10 to avoid server mistake) I kick ban the author of the kill. I'm testing it on my server since some days and it works fine. The main advantage is to move the analysis on client side so that the server don't use any cpu or memory to detect one of the most common cheat type.
    But yes you're right, it doesn't detect aimbot etc. Except that, often, cheaters using aimbot Will finish to kill at an invalid range.

@Rodrigo yes I Will implement the teleport system we talked about by thursday I think. This is not hard to do and may be usefull. Also I Will allow the creation of a custom teleport point based on the coordinates entered.

4. Brengun

Brengun Shack Builder

Hi, Just started using this today, love the idea of the auto reconnect, auto kick/ban on hackers being off the server too.
    I am wondering if you could implement something in this Admin tool to solve an issue we are having with saving the map.

Streamline do a forced restart ever 2 days and they don't save before restarting which causes Rollbacks and annoys players.
    The in-game auto save seems to stop working after about 24 hours and then I need to manually save for the next day.
    I gave some of the players that ability to do /save in game (Thanks to the Save plugin) which helps players who know about it.

I have tried everything I can do to schedule saves before the Streamline forced restart but nothing seems to work.
    I even tried using the plugin that can schedule commands but the server time never seems to match up. (I think Streamlines server time is weird)

Being this is a client side program can you add the ability to schedule rcon comands based on local time of the client running the program?
    This would solve the problem we have and I am sure would add a nice function to this plugin for others that would have a fantastic generic ability.

Thank you.

5. TFBD

TFBD Naked Wanderer

I get alert in AVAST about a Gen

6. Vfloyd

Vfloyd Master Researcher

@Brengun good idea. I Will do that by the end of the week.

@TFBD update your AV or change it :) no virus of any type in rustadmin. Several admins use it and I have never heard This before :)

7. Alpha [FNG]

Alpha [FNG] Scavenger

8. Vfloyd

Vfloyd Master Researcher

Please tell me that you have never seen an AV fail ?? Then your alert is "suspicious". It is not a virus !
    --- Double Post Merged, Oct 1, 2014 ---
    I can also add that oxide has checked my program before releasing it

9. Mughisi

Mughisi Grenade Master Community Mod Oxide Developer

10. Vfloyd

Vfloyd Master Researcher

11. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin Community Admin Oxide Developer

Not that extensively. Executables are allowed at your own risk. If it is ever found to be malicious, you'd be shown the door. ;)

12. Alpha [FNG]

Alpha [FNG] Scavenger

Update;

Disabled my anti-virus and removed it, believing Vfloyd that his toolis not a virus - my Personal Computer (PC) got hacked. All my personal files have been hijacked. I've seen different IP logs connecting to my Steam Account, my E-Mail and some other websites. I've successfully changed my windows and managed to change all my passwords. Once again DO NOT download or USE this tool. Do not risk what I did. Be SAFE not SORRY.

Please PM me for additional proof.

13. Hatemail

Hatemail Shotgun Ace Plugin Developer

Alpha m8 you sure you weren't just download rust hacks (cough).

Brengun and Mughisi like this.
  14. Vfloyd

Vfloyd Master Researcher

Please, someone could stop him and delete his reviews ? He is destroying my job ... I spent a lot of time on this tool and I'm still spending at the moment ...

Knullrufs [√0] and Brengun like this.
  15. Vfloyd

Vfloyd Master Researcher

Vfloyd updated RustAdmin Tool + Anticheat system with a new update entry:

Added scheduled commands system + teleport to custom coordinates (click to see details)

Read the rest of this update entry...

16. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin Community Admin Oxide Developer

The reviews were deleted, though the posts will not be at this time, as at least one is a valid report with Avast, though it seems to be a false positive. There hasn't been any other proof to confirm the other post.

17. Brengun

Brengun Shack Builder

I am an IT Support person and fix Viruses/Trojans every day.
    False Positive detections seem to be picked up by the lower end AntiVirus programs like Avast and AVG.
    They are also the same programs that don't stop the Trojans anyway, hence why I have so much work to do fixing them.

I have dealt with this sort of rubbish a lot from these cheaper/FREE Antivirus programs.
    I use LogMeIn and one time every computer that was using AVG picked up LogMeIn as a virus and removed a core system file.
    It was proven a False Positive after it destroyed remote connectivity to many computers all over the world over a 2 day period.
    This sort of thing happens.

Get a better Antivirus program.

Mughisi likes this.
  18. Vfloyd

Vfloyd Master Researcher

Thank you
    --- Double Post Merged, Oct 2, 2014 ---
    @Rodrigo Tanaka the new version includes the teleport system you asked me.

19. Brengun

Brengun Shack Builder

Hi Vfloyd,
    I have noticed when the server gets restarted I don't get auto reconnected.
    I do have the tick on Reconnect Auto. Not sure if I am doing something wrong.

Love the Schedule, Thank you very much.

20. Vfloyd

Vfloyd Master Researcher

Yes I'm also experiencing some issues with options. I'll check this soon.

EDIT : Are you sure that you saved the configuration after you checked boxes ?

Last edited: Oct 2, 2014
    Brengun likes this.