1. Hi Guys,

Any of you here running Rust Server on Windows Server 2016? And if so issues with it?

Thanks,
    TheDoc

2. Yes, only issue I've encountered which is quite annoying is that sometimes (not sure how to recreate the issue) but mainly when i remote to the machine sometimes the rcon will hang up and freeze unless I type some random characters or click inside of the window (unless i keep the window minimized) Not sure what's causing this and if it's preventable, but other than that Windows server 2016 seems fine with me
    [DOUBLEPOST=1494370114][/DOUBLEPOST]
    To add to this, I normally try as often as i can to connect via my FTP server with filezilla to avoid the issue

3. windows server 2012 is better

4. It is caused by left clicking in console, simply right click to fix it.

5. Oh my god thank you so much. I've been wondering what that was about anyway to disable it? I do it quiet often by accident when i rdp into my box :p

6. As far as I know you can't, I just click on the top and it's fine.

7. wow.. i love you, Thank you so much

8. if anyone knows why console shows rust output so buggy on windows 2016 (hides all old output, showing only current output, showed on screenshot)
    this happens only with "start /wait RustDedicated.exe", when RustDedicated.exe starts on its own - all works perfect, as it was on windows 2012

full start.bat:
    Code:
    start /WAIT RustDedicated.exe -batchmode -server.port 28025 -server.hostname "test" -server.level "Barren" -server.description "hh" -server.url "" -server.seed 260 -server.maxplayers 3 -server.worldsize 3500 -server.identity Rust_test -autoupdate -server.tickrate 10 -server.secure 1 -rcon.port 28026 -rcon.password "111" -batching.colliders "0" -rcon.web "1" -nographics -fps.limit "30" -nav_wait "false" -nav_disable "true" +oxide.directory "server/{server.identity}/oxide"
    [DOUBLEPOST=1504081619][/DOUBLEPOST]to reject questions about why use "start /wait", I'd say it's for setting affinity:
    start /WAIT /AFFINITY E RustDedicated.exe

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 30, 2017