1. oh my god!
    I`ve removed mono, but now:
    Code:
    ./CSharpCompiler: error while loading shared libraries: libmonoboehm-2.0.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
    The file is in x64 and x86 directories. Even tried making 777 on all files and dirs. Still no luck!

2. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

That file is included with the Oxide build and is located under RustDedicated_Data/Managed/x64 and x86, is the file there? If not, then your Oxide install isn't complete.

3. Of course it is there.
    "The file is in x64 and x86 directories."

4. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

The only other reason would it either being corrupt or the permissions not allowing it to be accessible (yes, I know you said they are.) There aren't really any other reasons why it wouldn't be able to find that.

5. just tested on the other Gentoo x64 System. Same result with manual install and with LGSM :(((

6. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Only other thought is that it may not be compatible with Gentoo, I've only seen people use it on Debian, Ubuntu, and CentOS.

7. GOT IT!

Code:
    export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$LD_LIBRARY_PATH:/home/u1/Steam/steamapps/common/rust_dedicated/RustDedicated_Data/Managed/x64/
    did the trick!

8. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Mmmm, that is set already by Oxide, so it's likely that the previous mono install is messing with that somehow still.

9. nope.
    i`ve tested on the clean gentoo pc. Without trying to install mono! So it`s all about the environment!
    If "that is set already by Oxide", then CSharpCompiler would give priority to the local libs and not the system. But we see the stuff happning. The server will not work if mono installed (except the version was used by the developers).

10. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

I'm not sure what's missing then, but you could have a debug statement added here to see what the path ends up being:
    Oxide/PluginCompiler.cs at develop · OxideMod/Oxide · GitHub

11. sorry, i am not a programmer. But i would like to help!
    May be you can give me a step_by_step instruction to debug this?

12. LGSM is not installed deeply in your system, you just gotta remove files generated where you installed your game server.

@c400 I don't know much about Gentoo, never tried that distro (Debian based distro lover here) so i can't really help.